Fired per Jimmy Hyams this morning.

Here's another link:

Tennessee men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall fired - News Sentinel Story

Tennessee has fired men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the decision.

The sources requested anonymity because UT has not yet officially announced the firing. An official announcement is expected today.

Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart met with UT players early this morning to inform them of the decision.

Sad day

Much better today than a month from now. Glad the new info came to light at this time. When you cheat and try to cover it up this always might happen.

We are still better off than we were one year ago today!

GBO!!!

Glad it is over with and we can move on

Turned out he was a pretty good placeholder for the knock-out hire coming to Tennessee!

If this had to happen, I'm glad it happened now instead of April or even later. Gives Hart time to look for another coach.

As much as I would hate to lose him, Will Wade at Chattanooga is the next big up and comer in the coaching ranks...

Reactions: 1 person
I guess someone forgot to do their homework

You really do have to wonder how all of this came about. The line we're going to get is that he was vetted and the NCAA advised there were no issues at the time of the hire.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee_Basketball_Logo_Pratt_1__t588.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

Last edited:
You really do have to wonder how all of this came about. The line we're going to get is that he was vetted and the NCAA advised there were no issues at the time of the hire.

The whole situation seems sketchy to me. Almost like someone cut a deal with the brass.

VN Store

Back