Florida's Secondary

UF is notorious for PI's and very few are called. This will be a gig issue in this game this weekend. UF seems to always gets the benefit of the doubt and you have a no call. This seems to have started with Spurrier's tenor. The ref's seem to be blind in calling them for it. Anyone else notice it?

Thoughts?

Florida has played a lot of press man coverage against us in recent years. They rough up our WR's at the line of scrimmage, and yes they do grab a lot of jerseys in the process. That strategy is effective, but beatable. The question is, can we do it.

There is this aura about Florida that unlike all the other games Tennessee loses, the losses to Florida occur due to weird and abnormal circumstances
That’s why if you beat us it better be by 21+ or we will find a way to blame the refs.

There is this aura about Florida that unlike all the other games Tennessee loses, the losses to Florida occur due to weird and abnormal circumstances

Of all the teams that Tennessee plays, our team finds a way to lose to Florida in mind boggling fashion. We lay the biggest eggs against Florida, and we also find the most heartbreaking ways to lose games where we play well.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
DBU? Seriously I can only think of 8

1. Janoris Jenkins, CB, Giants. ...
  2. Reggie Nelson, FS, Raiders. ...
  3. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Bengals. ...
  4. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers. ...
  5. Jordan Reed, TE, Redskins. ...
  6. Mike Gillislee, RB, Patriots. ...
  7. Mike Pouncey, C, Dolphins. ...
  8. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Buccaneers.
The best out of the lot is Hargreaves but I don't know if I call them DBU. But I do know they diffently know how to hold, grab jerseys. and not let a receiver get by them.

CJ Henderson
Quincy Wilson
Keanu Neal
Marcus Maye
Brian Poole
Quinton Dunbar

Reactions: mcg8r and Jaws
Kicking God knows how many field goals and allowing Florida to drive 80+ yards downfield on the final drive was the issue

Also not converting 3rd and 1 from the UF 48 with 2:40 left that likely would have allowed UT to come close to running out the clock. At the least UF would have had to use all their TOs and if UT gets one more 1st down after that, game over.

DBU? Seriously I can only think of 8

1. Janoris Jenkins, CB, Giants. ...
  2. Reggie Nelson, FS, Raiders. ...
  3. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Bengals. ...
  4. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers. ...
  5. Jordan Reed, TE, Redskins. ...
  6. Mike Gillislee, RB, Patriots. ...
  7. Mike Pouncey, C, Dolphins. ...
  8. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Buccaneers.
The best out of the lot is Hargreaves but I don't know if I call them DBU. But I do know they diffently know how to hold, grab jerseys. and not let a receiver get by them.

So much bad info here, but the most egregious of which is stating that Hargreaves is the best. Dude has been burnt more than toast in the NFL.

UF is notorious for PI's and very few are called. This will be a gig issue in this game this weekend. UF seems to always gets the benefit of the doubt and you have a no call. This seems to have started with Spurrier's tenor. The ref's seem to be blind in calling them for it. Anyone else notice it?

Thoughts?
Yes, and Alabama does the same thing. Their defenders start the game hanging on our receivers, and apparently the refs decide that is the way they play, and they continue to allow it. But at the same time, we get called if we touch one of their receivers.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Thoughts?
Thoughts? SEC refs suck!

Reactions: VolunteerNut
Florida always grabs and holds on the corners and upfront on the line, they get away with it alot. If I am Heupel I am in the refs ear when it comes to Florida's CB when it comes to grabbling and holding. I just want to see it called fairly both ways. It's such a huge play to get away with and can kill drives, nevertheless I think we have to throw downfield some and try to make plays downfield. We have to run and pass, we have to throw deep then dump it off to our backs. We have to set the edge of defense as well and tackle in space well. But no doubt I am telling refs watch their corners grabbing and holding. GBO!!!!!!

Last edited:

Thoughts?
They should and will be physical with our wrs. Milton has to make faster and better decisions. Should be a blowout

Honestly, at the end of the day your team has pretty much been just like us except you are slightly better and have beat us.

You haven’t won a title since Tebow.

You sometimes beat GA and sometimes lose just like us.

You recently lost to Kentucky.

And you can’t beat Bama to save your lives either.

And you haven’t won the sec since Tebow.

Florida really has zero to hang their hat on since Urban left. People on this board make Florida something it’s really not. You are a very average team now and have been for a decade.

I'd say a phatom catch in the endzone with 0 time left had something to do with. As I said before, Tennessee has been it's own worst enemy in a lot of these games. But I do acknowledge there have been a few not so clear judgements that have altered the outcome of the game. That being the most obvious

Zero time left?

We all agree it was a bad call, but don’t go revising history to make it a walk off TD when it wasn’t.

Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR

Thoughts?
I hate the Gators but we don't need to be a "refs fault" fan base.

:15 seconds

They had another down. They had an opportunity to kick a field goal on a 4th down. They scored on 1st down and it was called back because they lined up wrong.

The major issue in that game is Tennessee went up and down the field at will, but managed to kick field goals all game long

Reactions: TMvol10

Thoughts?
I have mad respect for UFs secondary. Love the way they play. Wish our guys played more aggressive and trusted their instincts the way UF's guys do.

Honestly, at the end of the day your team has pretty much been just like us except you are slightly better and have beat us.

You haven’t won a title since Tebow.

You sometimes beat GA and sometimes lose just like us.

You recently lost to Kentucky.

And you can’t beat Bama to save your lives either.

And you haven’t won the sec since Tebow.

Florida really has zero to hang their hat on since Urban left. People on this board make Florida something it’s really not. You are a very average team now and have been for a decade.

It’s like looking into a mirror

Our passing attack is going to have their coming out party in the nasty swamp and we're going to get the WIN and totally stun the world!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: volmoon
Sort of like catching the ball but really not catching it.

I have mad respect for UFs secondary. Love the way they play. Wish our guys played more aggressive and trusted their instincts the way UF's guys do.

So you would love to see us hold and disrupt FL receivers in the same manner? That's 15 yards a pop. UF gets away with it WE DON'T

Here's the deal plain and simple...... follow along...... They Hold, Grab, and Disrupt all passes. 99% of their secondary play is and are PI's but are seldom called. If you're ok with that that's on you. I'm not. UF has gotten away with this for years. If you haven't seen it you're blind.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back