Florida's Secondary

I would like to break some news here since this is about Florida’s secondary; UF’s best CB, and maybe the best CB in America is questionable for this game; Kaiir Elam. Lingering soreness “lower extremity.” May play, may not.

Uh huh

It's not like florida doesn't have athletes in the secondary, but if I am Heupel I am still taking shots sometimes for sure. We got some receivers the QB just has to get them the ball. And actually Florida fans have been wondering the same thing about Jones and you could hear it in the boos and the grumbling even into the 3rd quarter actually. Give Florida credit for being able to run so well on alabama especially later on in the game and in the trenches most of the 2nd half. Alabama had some chances to put the game away but didn't and then Florida seemed to take control. I think Tennessee feels like it could have played alot better in our games to date and know that this week it will take a complete game for 4 quarters to have a chance at it. I think they have confidence in themselves to win this game, but we have to play 4 solid quarters of football to be in the game. Play tough hard smart football and give yourself a chance to win. But we can't play timid we must play all out with confidence!!!! GBO!!!!!

UF is notorious for PI's and very few are called. This will be a gig issue in this game this weekend. UF seems to always gets the benefit of the doubt and you have a no call. This seems to have started with Spurrier's tenor. The ref's seem to be blind in calling them for it. Anyone else notice it?

Thoughts?

It seems to me that over the last few years that as long as the DB was not mugging the receiver the very instant the ball arrived, there was no call. This year, it seems to have changed to...if the receiver is touched after the QB releases the ball, a flag flys. I also see a good bit of receivers pushing off that is never called. I watched the Gator/Bama and I thought the refs were a bit inconsistent on both sides. I have also noticed that SEC officiating has really been a sore spot in a lot of games this year. I used to think B1G officials were the worst.

Not set in stone Milton will start. We are in a quandary as to who you should actually start. I'm leaning toward Hooker and I thought I would never say that. Who knows maybe the flip for MIlton is switched and if so I hope it pays off but as I have done this from the past few years regarding the program so I'm holding my breath.

Did you notice how much harder it is to hold your breath, after you have turned blue? lol

Actually, you’re flocking to a Gator thread about the Gator secondary. You often flock to Gator threads. You certainly often flock to Jaws’ posts on Gator threads.

Find another flocking thread if you don’t like this one. 😆
How’s it a “Gator thread” when it’s in the VOLS FOOTBALL FORUM? And you pop up in recruit threads…those GATORS too? You’re a goober. 😏

UF is notorious for PI's and very few are called. This will be a gig issue in this game this weekend. UF seems to always gets the benefit of the doubt and you have a no call. This seems to have started with Spurrier's tenor. The ref's seem to be blind in calling them for it. Anyone else notice it?

Thoughts?

Florida will run away with this game and the Vegas line will be let! Just try to enjoy the game!

Not PI if the throw is 15 yards over the receivers
We send out three receivers.
our fastest goes right down the middle in a sprint.
the next two fastest on either side.
we use our long snapper at center
Milton lines up ten yards back as if he’s gonna punt. He then gives his general 60 yard heave.
We either catch it or we get a P.I. Call or they intercept and it’s like a 60 yard punt.

Reactions: ETCvol4life
There is this aura about Florida that unlike all the other games Tennessee loses, the losses to Florida occur due to weird and abnormal circumstances
Saturday is gonna feel weird when they look like they know what they’re doing and we look like a hot mess.

Hopefully the fast tempo will cause some confusion for UF secondary and not give them time to adjust before the snap like Grantham likes to do. Some PI calls, and maybe a couple of DBs losing a leg or two during game would help as well.

I would like to break some news here since this is about Florida’s secondary; UF’s best CB, and maybe the best CB in America is questionable for this game; Kaiir Elam. Lingering soreness “lower extremity.” May play, may not.
I remember him getting injured fairly early against Alabama. Didn't he have at least one brother/cousin who starred for UF in the secondary in the last 5-7 seasons?

They secondary is sorry as hell and they couldnt intercept a pass if you tossed it right to them underhanded.

I remember him getting injured fairly early against Alabama. Didn't he have at least one brother/cousin who starred for UF in the secondary in the last 5-7 seasons?

Yes, Matt Elam was an All-American safety and 1st round draft pick. That’s Kaiir’s cousin I believe.

Our passing attack is going to have their coming out party in the nasty swamp and we're going to get the WIN and totally stun the world!

VFL...GBO!!!
If predicted enough, it will someday meet that day. May it be so this Saturday. 👊🏼 #GBO #weareback 😁

Half of UFs passing offense against Bama was PI calls in their favor. If this is the onky way for them to generate offense than the refs better eveb it up and call penalty when we have the ball

VN Store

Back