Former Vol sums it up well

Reactions: 1 person
Football goes in cycles folks. Hard to believe we aren't headed for the good part soon.

And hopefully will stay there for a long, long time.

Butch is a young guy. He's got a lot of years left in him. Don't wanna get too far ahead of ourselves here...but, I really hope this is our time to be back on top.

And this time, let's try to appreciate it for how awesome it is. Don't know about you guys, but I never take a win for granted anymore. Always a good day when we execute and get the W, whether it's good, bad, or ugly.

Al Wilson: "I really don't even want to say the names of the two guys who were there between Coach Fulmer and Coach Jones. They don't deserve to have their names mentioned with Tennessee football.

Al has spoken that's all we need to know... He gets it!

Reactions: 2 people
Eddie Moore: "I have Coach Fulmer's cell number and I know even if it's years since I've seen him I can call him. I was just at Coach Chavis's house recently to have dinner and that's the type relationship I have with those guys. The whole time I was at Coach Chavis's, all he talked about was his days at UT. I could see in his eyes that he misses it. He misses it a whole lot. He didn't want to leave there, but he had to and he's done big things at a new place. But you can tell Tennessee is still a special place for him."

Hmm....makes you wonder....

we may have an opening at the end of this year.. dc better show improvement and show/he knows how to adjust week to week.. i loved them at ga because you.knew they would choke against pressure.. i hope this has changed for our sake..

Dooley has never had to fight for anything. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He's thinks he is fighting, but he don't know what a fight is! Herschel Walker knew what a fight was, so did Bo, and I think Butch does too!

Dooley has never had to fight for anything. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He's thinks he is fighting, but he don't know what a fight is! Herschel Walker knew what a fight was, so did Bo, and I think Butch does too!

Dooley was.... Ahhhh F it

Winning is a mindset...that is the most important thing about the legacy class...their going to pour their heart and soul into this program at a level we haven't seen in a long time. It is the fighting spark that has been missing since our last SEC Championship appearance IMHO :dunno:

former vol corey larkins summed up what i have seen for the past 5 years, well actually up to last year when it began to change.
Corey larkins: "i just want to see some fight. I've seen our guys for the last few years not only get beat to the ground, but then the other players push up off their chest to go back to the huddle and our guys just got up and walked back to the huddle. I want to see some guys with some fight and defend the program. That mentality came from the guy we had before coach jones. Derek dooley was a loser. He'll always be a loser and he rubbed off on the program and created a losing attitude."
he is spot on. I want to see some players get pis$ed off. I want to see some revenge on the field. I want to see a violent response to a challenge... Go vols

yes

Even if Butch ultimately can't get it done, at least he is bringing passion, the right attitude, is fully invested in the program, and wants to be here. I will always be glad Butch is/was our coach for however long he is going to be here.

I read that as Morgan Freeman

Eddie Moore: "I have Coach Fulmer's cell number and I know even if it's years since I've seen him I can call him. I was just at Coach Chavis's house recently to have dinner and that's the type relationship I have with those guys. The whole time I was at Coach Chavis's, all he talked about was his days at UT. I could see in his eyes that he misses it. He misses it a whole lot. He didn't want to leave there, but he had to and he's done big things at a new place. But you can tell Tennessee is still a special place for him."

Hmm....makes you wonder....

UT is a family, we lost that and that's been part of our problem. CBJ has been working since day one to reestablish that atmosphere as evidenced in our commit's post recruiting comments. Caring about players as opposed to just "using" them builds strong player-coach relationships,there is a life after football. For this reason alone I'm 100% behind CBJ.

I will never post about Dooley after I tell you what I witnessed (anyone there at the time can confirm it). It was his 1st walk and his family was around the torch inside the tape with us behind it. Momma Barbara was talking and someone told her how glad we were to have him at UT. Her reply was "hope you feel that way in 3 years." It confirms what I have always thought: Mama always knows best. If I can find my photo of her
hugging him as he walked up to her, I'll post it. Hopefully I threw it away as the Vols
imploded those years.

I will never post about Dooley after I tell you what I witnessed (anyone there at the time can confirm it). It was his 1st walk and his family was around the torch inside the tape with us behind it. Momma Barbara was talking and someone told her how glad we were to have him at UT. Her reply was "hope you feel that way in 3 years." It confirms what I have always thought: Mama always knows best. If I can find my photo of her
hugging him as he walked up to her, I'll post it. Hopefully I threw it away as the Vols
imploded those years.

Sounds like Mama D had a premonition . :question:

The way some of you guys constantly bring him up, he'll never be in the rear view mirror

And, he's got friends...

rearview_vols_zpseaf784a9.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
That article sorta got to me. It hurts a little to reminisce about how we used to be such a great program and how our grand tradition has been dragged through the mud over the past six to ten years. I really hope Coach Butch can pull the Tennessee tradition out of the mudhole, wash all the grime off of it and put it back in it's rightful place in the SEC.

Man I can't wait until Dooley is so far in the rearview mirror we have forgotten about him.

Why don't we just ban that name, if you say it, you are out of here for a month first time, 1 year second time LIFE third time.:)

VN Store

Back