Former Vol sums it up well

Now you are talking, the only thing worse than getting beat in a fight is not to try to fight. And that was Dooley's legacy. Get up VOLS

This attitude was in place long before CDD got here. I saw it at both Outback Bowls at the end of Fulmer's tenure, through Kiffin's, and into Dooley's. It's a stain on the program that I believe bUTch & Co. are finally washing out.

But NO, you can't blame it all on Dooley. Shirking off plays and poor effort started a couple of years before Fulmer got fired.

Dooley got the best players he could recruit here. He just sucked.

There have been multiple reports of Dooley only extending scholarships to kids in the Atlanta area that bigger programs didn't want. Basically we ended up being their best offer. So the decision was made for the kid, go to Uconn or UT.

Then they'd come here and get pounded by guys who were recruited ahead of them. Well Butch is putting an end to that by god.

Corey Larkins:"They stuck me with Dante Stallworth. At the time he had a broke foot and no car. We had no way to go anywhere. He was like, 'Man, what do you want to do tonight?' I said we could do whatever and Dante was like, 'Well, I ain't got no car and my foot's broke so I guess we'll just stay in here and chill and drink Kool-Aid."

This might be the greatest recruiting story I've ever heard

What exactly did Larkins accomplish whike he was here?

Far more than you did im sure.
The vast majority of the athletes at UT gave everything they could to play there. Last thing they deserve is some message board bro questioning their opinion because they didnt have the best stats.

Larkins switched his position darn near every year if I remember right. Most kids wouldve quit or transfer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back