Friends in Low Places at the end of 3rd is the worst.

I have to listen to that rap crap all game long, At least I can understand the words Garth sings.

These games are almost 4hour long, if there isnt some commercial playing, there is constantly rap or techno, with crappy sound, playing. They can't allow 2 minutes of relative silence. The only time we get a break is when there's an injury. As for Brooks, I'd rather play something that's about tennnessee

It only still exists due to the large volume of fan participation.

It started the year Garth did the stadium show in Neyland, I assume as a low key form of advertisement.

The stadium basically screams it, so I’d venture to guess the folks speaking negatively here are in the minority.
The fan participation in Neyland is weak as water compared to Florida’s Don’t Back Down, LSU’s Calling Baton Rouge (even with 20,000 walking out) & Bama’s Dixieland.

Reactions: jonnon111
I'm just gonna KEEP posting it till it becomes "the choice" of Mr. White...

THIS should be played INSTEAD of that Okie song...it took place in Neyland...Gibbs High Graduate...it "hits Home"...it's an actual "sing-a-long'...the lyrics fit a true East Tennessean...lasts 4:45 seconds which is perfect timing...it ends with a guy in a Power T hat...and it FEATURES "The Sheriff"...

Imagine THIS on EACH Jumbotron...

Agree 110%, could just play video on Jumbotron, with highlights mixed in. Or just play Dixieland Delight since it is a song about Tennessee!

How is Garth Brooks not a good man? Just because you disagree with him politically?
Because I disagree with him politically. That's how it is nowadays. There was a post I made a couple months ago in which I mentioned Trump, kind of as a joke. The whining and moaning was deafening from the snowflakes. I have no doubt the fate of this post will be similar

I’ve said it before, copperhead road and touch the fireworks off one time at 19 seconds when the bass drum hits. Play the song and you’ll see what I mean.

I couldn't agree more and had come here to say change it to Copperhead Road. .

It's a rowdy moonshine song just like Rocky Top

It's region specific.

Using Friends In Low Places is just, well for lack of any better term lazy. The song is/was just way too popular for it to be identified strictly with a fanbase.

Plus, Steve Earl is just way cooler and less annoying than Chris Gaines. If you have never seen his work in the TV show Treme, you are missing out. SE wrote much of the original music for the show in addition to appearing as an actor in the show as a mentor for a younger musician.

Prove me wrong.
Terrible song for motivation, no connection to Tennessee, sung by an Oklahoma boy.
Our recruits and players guaranteed hate it.
What does it have to do with anything? Better yet, why that song?
I like the song in and of itself, but what does it have to do with sports? Agree its demotivating, if anything. Odd choice for a song at the end of the third quarter.

They should play Dr Dres "Dre day" snoops first bars of the 2nd verse - bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yeah volnation is in the mfn houssssseee

Prove me wrong.
Terrible song for motivation, no connection to Tennessee, sung by an Oklahoma boy.
I hate the song and wouldn’t mind them ditching it. However I also acknowledge I’m in a minority since the 90% of the stadium songs along.

I doubt the majority of players or recruits hate it. Maybe some younger folks have never heard it but when everyone is singing along it can become infectious.

It only still exists due to the large volume of fan participation.

It started the year Garth did the stadium show in Neyland, I assume as a low key form of advertisement.

The stadium basically screams it, so I’d venture to guess the folks speaking negatively here are in the minority.

I was at the Virginia game in Nashville last year and everyone around me was singing along in full throat. Me too.

Reactions: CPA
The only thing worse than bad stadium songs played before the 4th quarter . . . the goobers that put 4 fingers in the air, I guess to motivate themselves to finish their last beer. Happens everywhere lol.

Because I disagree with him politically. That's how it is nowadays. There was a post I made a couple months ago in which I mentioned Trump, kind of as a joke. The whining and moaning was deafening from the snowflakes. I have no doubt the fate of this post will be similar
Garth's music can be mighty cheesy, but to be fair, he never went so far as to organize an insurrection.

Prove me wrong.
I'm down for a change. There are enough country music artists that proudly rep the Vols. We can find something to call our own.

VN Store

Back