Fulmer's Letter

I want to share this. Hope it comes to me on Facebook. Not going to be in Knoxville tomorrow but, will watch it on TV with my dad. We are huge fans. I remember being able to walk on to the field before my biology class in the dungeon under the east seats. I’m all in for Phil, and all in for CJP, staff, players. Awesome video. GBO GO VOLS!

What a difference it makes, having an Athletic Director who has previously been a championship-winning head coach for the university.

Most Athletic Directors are businessmen, because that's what the job largely entails. But they're not necessarily businessmen who have proven successful at the SPECIFIC business of coaching sports. Which is the business ADs are in, of course.

Phil's background gives him an undeniable credibility and authority among the coaches he leads and manages. Credibility our program hasn't enjoyed since when? Doug Dickey maybe?

And that credibility magnifies his ability to lead those coaches, to guide them toward success...toward championships.

I think we have a bright future in Tennessee athletics.

Go Vols!

Was pleased to see that the university has signed CPF to a four year contract. He will be an invaluable counselor to CJP,helping him navigate the bumps in the road .
Now we need stability on the admin side, think we've had 4 or 6 different presidents over the past decade.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure how anyone could hate Fulmer

I don’t think anyone personally hates him. It’s more of how the program had fallen and putting the blame on him and who else can you blame with him being the HC? The man is/was a legend, that’s not gonna change.

Am I the only person who thinks it ironic Fulmer was paid $6M when he was fired as HC, and didn't have to do anything. And now he is being paid $4M to be AD for 4 years and over see the football program. Not angry or happy, just as the world turns. NEVER burn bridges!!!!!!

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved the part where Coach Pruitt said " I can't coach you if you don't compete..Compete and I will coach you."

Everything just feels different from the last 10 years...There is a lot better vibe going on...

GBO

also noticed in the video that showed Pruitt coaching other positions aswell....so all the people freaking about about him only coaching DB's during the media sessions need to chill.

Fulmer is a game changer and will turn Tennessee football around. At the very least, his success as a coach demands respect from anyone around the game and being around the program reminds people that even though we lost our way, Tennessee is still Tennessee...and we will be coming after everybody again.

VN Store

Back