Fulmer's Letter

Barry Alvarez, Mal Moore and Bill Battle say hi.

And lest we forget, Robert Neyland not only was coach, but Athletic Director at the same time.

So does Jeremy Foley.

And AGAIN, where did I say people with athletic experience couldn't be good ADs?

My point was saying only people with athletic experience can be good ADs, is dumb.

But proceed..

So does Jeremy Foley.

And AGAIN, where did I say people with athletic experience couldn't be good ADs?

My point was saying only people with athletic experience can be good ADs, is dumb.

But proceed..

Dr said "it helps"...

Reactions: 1 person
AllVol123, man, way too much anger. Especially this early in the day. Especially on Orange and White day. :)

Brother, DrTNT never said that only former coaches can be good ADs. He said being a coach certainly helps. He and I said it is difficult to grasp the intricacies of succeeding as a coach if you've never coached, that being the boss and leader of a bunch of coaches is helped tremendously by knowing the challenges they face, being able to guide them in that way.

And I bet you probably don't disagree with any of that. So we're really all just tilting at windmills, looking for fine points of disagreement when we mostly just agree.

So, in appreciation of Orange and White day, let's all put down our internet weaponry and agree that coaching experience is a good thing to have as an AD.

Leaving for Knoxville in a few minutes, so won't be able to follow up until tonight. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Have you ever met Johnny Majors?
Have you ever met an older Bama fan?
Then, you’d know people that do.

You can be fan of both Johnny and Phillip. The world isn't about absolute extremes. There are always more than two sides to an issue

Reactions: 2 people
No one hates him. Many of our narrow minded posters equate a lack praise as some measure of hate. Or more likely, any criticism as a sign of hate.

Criticism and attacking every time his name is brought up are 2 very different things.

Or more likely, some people are so ignorant and stupid that they take criticism of him as some sort of hate.

Criticism is one thing, that makes a debate challenging and interesting, but there is some that spew hate without true constructive criticism. See how I used “constructive “? Oh, by the way, JMO

Oh, get a room, you two.

This reminds me of a Skeeter post. "Looking for roommate and ride-share to [insert away game]." Haha :)

Just back from the game. It was awesome; Neyland always is, especially on a beautiful afternoon that isn't too hot.

Glad we figured out the AD formula. :good!:

You're right.
Phil has dishonored the legacy of Pat Summitt and the once-mighty Lady Vol basketball program by failing to take the appropriate action vis a vis Holly Warlick. Hopefully, he will correct that error and solidify his standing as a worthy UTAD before another underwhelming season has passed.

Have to pick your battles. Fighting the Lady Vol army is not what Phil or the University needs right now. TN needs to heal. The Lady Vols want Holly there. She was Pat's chosen successor. She is recruiting no.1 classes. If she has to be let go in time the roster will be loaded. Relax and let things work themselves out on that front. I know your feeble mind has no patience but it will be ok.

VN Store

Back