'19 GA LB Jamie Pettway (Missouri signee)

If our coaching staff wants him, I hope he’s a Vol.

Could care less if UGA is his dream school. Do people really think he’d give less effort on the field because he “settled” for UT?

Apparently. If UT wasn't your dream school you will only give 60-70% effort if you play here. :loco:

If our coaching staff wants him, I hope he’s a Vol.

Could care less if UGA is his dream school. Do people really think he’d give less effort on the field because he “settled” for UT?

Again.. Some Volnation posters who believe that are part of the all time stupid

Again.. Some Volnation posters who believe that are part of the all time stupid

Nobody believes that. I believe he will flip if he gets the Ga offer so why waste time recruiting him. And if he isn’t good enough for the Ga offer then...?

Nobody believes that. I believe he will flip if he gets the Ga offer so why waste time recruiting him. And if he isn’t good enough for the Ga offer then...?

So what is called recruiting... Verbal means nothing.. No different when we drop a recruit or tell them to look around... There is no honor or loyalty in recruiting...Anyone who believe that is foolish

I want all our recruits to hold commitable offers from every top school in the country. I want to know that 1. The recruit was wanted by every elite program. 2. Other fans have to feel what we have felt so many times for so many years. 3. We truly have the best players in the country on our team.

I’m tired of thinking that “I hope ________ doesn’t offer bc if they do then we will finish second.”

I want to think: “Please let __________ offer so we can rub it in their face when they don’t get him!”

Dude, we went 4 and fugging 8 last year. Beggars can’t be choosers. That reality is becoming quite evident to me as the year moves on. Nobody “wants to play at Tennessee” if they get a better commitable offer, save a few recruits who want playing time.

Butch got top 10 classes off of 5-7 and 6-6 seasons. I don’t want to settle. Taking marginal players won’t help us win. Not saying Pettway is, no idea, but it is interesting that he doesn’t have a GA offer. His only other good offer is SC

Last edited:
Butch got top 10 classes off of 5-7 and 6-6 seasons. I don’t want to settle. Taking marginal players won’t help us win. Not saying Pettway is, no idea, but it is interesting that he doesn’t have a GA offer. His only other good offer is SC

Butch has also been exposed as snake oil salesman, saying whatever the recruit wanted to hear. I prefer the method we have now.

Reactions: 5 people

Those “Top 10” classes didn’t amount to much. Makes you wonder how “top 10” they were.

GA can choose right now. we can't. it's really that simple. i think if they offer this kid, it's probably a back up plan to someone else....increase the bench so to speak. past that, they haven't offered yet, we have, and seem to be in really good shape.

none of it matters til December/February anyway.

You are getting blasted here because of a different opinion. Now if you would agree that the UGA offer comments were no big deal, then nobody would say a word. Its how VN works.

Blasted used to mean something. :boredom:

So you’ve conceded defeat on a player you’re not even impressed with? Gotta admit...you’ll change your game on a brudder. :)

Those “Top 10” classes didn’t amount to much. Makes you wonder how “top 10” they were.

They covered the lack of development during the spring game. Announcers noted the difference in practices at UT now - how everyone is getting a lot of reps. Whereas under Butch, the starters got plenty of reps but the reserves didn't get hardly any.

That, coupled with the undisciplined S&C program, led to talented prospects not developing. By the time kids were upper classmen, they were still fairly raw compared to other programs.

Doesn't necessarily mean they lacked the talent when they got here. Simply the staff failed them.

Reactions: 4 people
Amazing how some think our program it still dominating the SEC....We have been irrelevant for a long long time

Who...other than Nationdom and D4H...has been advocating DOMINANCE? As for “irrelevant”, they’re never irrelevant to me. And my vote’s final. :)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back