Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Team in the Michele Smith Pediatric Cancer Invitationa

The bolded above is exactly what Dish advises...that game 'A' is going long, therefore game 'B' is airing on the alternant channel...and the alternant channels have not a thing on them except the Dish logo and canned music.

I have repeatedly emailed both the SEC Network and Dish trying to determine why I can't see the start of the game. The SEC has a canned response referring you to your provider (Dish) and Dish responds by giving me the channel number and instructions for how to push the buttons on my remote to tune to that channel.

Somebody at Dish has this screwed up and they either don't care or aren't listening.

Yeah, because of bandwidth, someone at Dish has to physically flip a switch to activate the channel. Usually, they just don't.

Yeah, because of bandwidth, someone at Dish has to physically flip a switch to activate the channel. Usually, they just don't.

Maybe the SEC should discuss this with Dish, especially since Dish is owned by a Tennessee graduate and was born in Oak Ridge.

I know that ESPN3 is now showing a lot more football and basketball games. However, many of these broadcast are flawed with errors and often can not be seen. sometimes the sound can be heard. However, many of these increased games are d@ games and I have been able to watch a couple of my grandson's games on ESPN3. Most of the other games can be watched when produced by the colleges own limited streaming processes.

The fact remains that Many of us have been unable to find where most of the Tennessee's nNationally televised games can be seen or heard. If the SEC network has increased the ability to watch/hear non Nationally televised sports I would appreciate gaining access to those games. For example, where can we see/hear the broadcast of the softball games this weekend? We have a Nationally ranked softball team but I am unaware of any access to their games this weekend.

The fact remains that Many of us have been unable to find where most of the Tennessee's nNationally televised games can be seen or heard. If the SEC network has increased the ability to watch/hear non Nationally televised sports I would appreciate gaining access to those games. For example, where can we see/hear the broadcast of the softball games this weekend? We have a Nationally ranked softball team but I am unaware of any access to their games this weekend.

Then, with all due respect, you haven't been looking very hard. There were a record number of softball games televised last season on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and the SEC Network. Information on those broadcasts is put up on UTSports.com well in advance and there are constant reminders posted to the team's Twitter account.

Like I have said, now three times, the SEC Network does not have the rights to broadcast games from this weekend's tournament because it takes place away from an SEC campus. To my knowledge, no preseason tournament like this has ever received television coverage in the past.

And, as I said twice earlier in this thread, there will be no audio coverage this weekend because people complained about the quality of the audio for the early season tournaments the last two years. Coverage will resume when the radio schedule starts, as it normally does, after the basketball regular season. Radio games are simulcast on UT's website.

tell Steve I miss him DeerPark he is a lot better than nothing :) which sucks for sure and they can't find anybody to do the games ? I say find a communications student and give them the mic :) i'm sure somebody would volunteer for the job

the SEC Network does show a bunch more games,but !'m only interested in the Vols lol and if I remember rightly they didn't stream some home games last year,because of the SEC network? I assume that will happen again this year ?

and thanks for the information DeerPark as all ways :hi:

I did search each of the teams sites and couldn't find a link for audio or a stream on any of them,all I could find was the game tracker links

if anybody finds anything please post it please

tell Steve I miss him DeerPark he is a lot better than nothing :) which sucks for sure and they can't find anybody to do the games ? I say find a communications student and give them the mic :) i'm sure somebody would volunteer for the job

The decision was made, after the experience of the last two years, that it would be a professional broadcaster or nothing. I assume the guy that does the radio games has another job that prevented him from doing the other trips.

that sounds about right DeerPark, so due to a few fans complaining the rest of us can't listen to the games now?isn't that just great,they could have turned it off and not caused the rest of us to be denied the chance to listen to the game

sad isn't it ?

and as all ways,thanks for the information :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I totally disagree. Listening to a softball game by such a clueless and inept broadcaster made the game a mockery, especially given that Tn is the home of the greats, Lindsey Nelson and John Ward. What is sad is that UT thought so little of the product they were producing.

Then, with all due respect, you haven't been looking very hard. There were a record number of softball games televised last season on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and the SEC Network. Information on those broadcasts is put up on UTSports.com well in advance and there are constant reminders posted to the team's Twitter account.

Like I have said, now three times, the SEC Network does not have the rights to broadcast games from this weekend's tournament because it takes place away from an SEC campus. To my knowledge, no preseason tournament like this has ever received television coverage in the past.

And, as I said twice earlier in this thread, there will be no audio coverage this weekend because people complained about the quality of the audio for the early season tournaments the last two years. Coverage will resume when the radio schedule starts, as it normally does, after the basketball regular season. Radio games are simulcast on UT's website.

With due respect to you, I have been looking in all those and other areas. Sometimes you and others up the chain need to realize that, even though, the system is new, and the intent is respectable, it does NOT provide anywhere what was advertised. If DISH, is a problem, then have someone talk to DISH. At this time the SEC network is the one who has control and should get its distributers on board. When we tune the SEC network, we expect to see more sports and less Paul Finebuam or however one spells his name.

The fact is, SEC fans have seen little, if any, increase in sports other than football and basketball they we were able to see before the SEC network hit the airways. The exception is probably women's gymnastics. Where is tennis, track, volleyball, soccer, rowing, softball, etc.?

I promise you, no radio at all is better than those excruciatingly bad "broadcasts" from last year. If you are going to do radio, you have to do it--and radio is a listening medium, which means the broadcaster has to talk and give information /constantly/--not one sentence followed by three minutes of silence and then another sentence. If you are too busy to talk, do not undertake it in the first place.

Agree.Game tracker was much better and I turned that on and him off because it was more timely and more accurate.By the way Game Tracker is available for these games also.

we are getting killed by JMU--down 0-6. Gaffin started and has been terrible. She and Bush have combined for SIX walks through three innings. Two bad errors by UT--again!--have given JMU at least four runs. And Aucoin has struck out twice in big spots--once with the bases loaded and then next time with two runners on. Oh, my: Put the ball in play, at least. What a nightmare. Not sure why the coaches started Gaffin--big mistake. And our defense and hitting in clutch spots have been bad.

The coaches moved Geer to 3B to try and shore it up. But the errors have come from Leach at 2B. 3 of the 9 runs are unearned. The JMU pitcher was going to be tough - that was a given, but Gaffin and Bush's woeful pitching is a surprise. I am not sure why Gaffin started either unless Karen still believes Bush and Moss aren't ready and she wants to use Gabriel in the second game.

But JMU is the toughest opponent in this field, yes--or certainly one of the toughest. Why would they not start Gabriel? Makes no sense.

Fundamental mistakes--like our BB team. You can't walk people--you can't. Cardinal rule. How many walks do our pitchers have? More than six, I think. You can't make errors--cardinal. At least two that really put us way behind early. No excuse. And you can't strike out with people on base--again, cardinal. You have to put the ball in play and maybe your opponent will kick the ball. Aucoin strikes out twice leaving 5 runners stranded.

We had these same three problems last year--too many walks, too many errors, too many strikeouts.

Oh, my: I was sorely counting on a good softball season to relieve the misery of our miserable women's basketball team. Yikes!

This first half of the season is going to be rough. We've got to get these two freshman pitchers, Moss and Bush helping out. Gaffin and the team aren't anywhere near up to speed yet. By the way, look for JMU to make a run at the WCWS this year. They are really good. Maybe it wasn't important enough game for Ralph to start Gabriel this game.

VN Store

Back