Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Team in the Michele Smith Pediatric Cancer Invitationa

Oh, my: I was sorely counting on a good softball season to relieve the misery of our miserable women's basketball team. Yikes!

This is a group that should get better (we said same thing about basketball though ha) as the season progresses due to the youth factor (i.e. pitching and 2B errors).

I just hope it sticks around for more than a few years. Seems like we are always sending experience packing in favor of heralded new recruits.

I tried to tell yall JMU was good with TWO stud pitchers haha....but Erin wasn't going to pitch this game....Ralph and Karen see the bigger picture and they may see JMU later on in a regional/Super regional so they didn't want to show them Erin....the errors come with not having enough time outside...Bush will be alright might be moved to mid week starter to get her more innings....Rainey starting didn't surprise me it's she just didn't have it in the first game but we know what she can do...Ralph and Karen know what they're doing...we don't have to worry about them :good!:

I tried to tell yall JMU was good with TWO stud pitchers haha....but Erin wasn't going to pitch this game....Ralph and Karen see the bigger picture and they may see JMU later on in a regional/Super regional so they didn't want to show them Erin....the errors come with not having enough time outside...Bush will be alright might be moved to mid week starter to get her more innings....Rainey starting didn't surprise me it's she just didn't have it in the first game but we know what she can do...Ralph and Karen know what they're doing...we don't have to worry about them :good!:

We just thought we were too! I doubt JMU has been outside any more than we have.

Currently up 11-4 top of the 5th bases loaded and only 1 out.....gregg hit with an rbi single to make it 11-4

What a funny pair of games--yin and yang, alpha and omega, awful and spectacular.

Kinda reminds me of how we beat teams last year our pitching staff just has to hold teams to 3-4 runs and we will be alright...although I think our staff is much better than last year and will get better as the season goes on

Kinda reminds me of how we beat teams last year our pitching staff just has to hold teams to 3-4 runs and we will be alright...although I think our staff is much better than last year and will get better as the season goes on

Hope you are right on the pitching staff....success depends on a 2nd starting pitcher from the freshmen ranks stepping forward big time .....SEC competitive.

We got beat by a college named for an 5'4" ex-President? Pathetic fire the Weeklys!

(nice bounce back win) You don't learn anything by playing community college level teams..this tough schedule will help us down the road

Karen said it was the toughest schedule they've had in a while. Out in Tempe, BYU, Fresno State, ASU, and Northwestern were really good. Now JMU. I hope it pays dividends.

Reactions: 1 person
Karen said it was the toughest schedule they've had in a while. Out in Tempe, BYU, Fresno State, ASU, and Northwestern were really good. Now JMU. I hope it pays dividends.

Do you know if that was by choice or just the result of tournament draws?

Yeah she was in charge of scheduling this year....although she said next year she probably won't be.....she looked at Ralph when she said that :eek:lol:

Awesome..I love my wife..I'm not sure our marriage would survive if we lived and worked together though :)

VN Store

Back