Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Women's College World Series

If Erin is able to pitch and she is getting the late movement on that rise ball, Florida will be in for a tough go of it.

Anybody else nervous? I will be unable to watch the game tomorrow due to other commitments. I have my DVR set and will watch it when I get home.

Unless they lose and then of course I will delete the recording and throw the DVR out the window. LOL. :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody else nervous? I will be unable to watch the game tomorrow due to other commitments. I have my DVR set and will watch it when I get home.

Unless they lose and then of course I will delete the recording and throw the DVR out the window. LOL. :eek:hmy:

It's double elimination so don't throw your DVR out the window.

Erin is my biggest concern. No offense to Ralph and Karen, but even if they say she's "good to go" today, that can change quickly once she's in the game.

As much as I'd prefer to win the first 2 games, if we have to lose one of the first 2, I would rather lose game 1 than win it and then lose game 2, as the game 2 winner crosses over into the other bracket. That one has Michigan and Oregon, both have great pitching and great hitting. I would rather take my chances in the current bracket as we have FL, LSU and AU and we've beaten each one of them at least once this year.

Regardless of the outcome I am elated that they made it this far, and hope that the bats can start hitting the long ball again. Hope the weather stays decent and doesn't mess up the schedule too bad. Talked to someone there today and it looks like the potential for t-storms is there all throughout the week and weekend.

Almost certain to have weather issues the whole tournament. And no where to hide during the nasty. I have two daughters who live in OKC and Norman, and it's not a good situation with the rain and tornados.

Both daughter have storm shelters for their families.

Keep your cell phone/iPad connected to a weather alert if you are in OKC.

:mad:

Forecast is scattered thunderstorms in the 73111 area from noon on. At 6:15 AM they are having severe thunderstorms. Then the morning is to clear with the bad stuff all afternoon and evening.

:thud::thud::thud:
Long forecast is 3 to 5 inches of rain in OKC over the next few days.
:yuck::yuck::yuck:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
They need to move the championship series to other locations. They've had weather problems quite a bit in recent years, as I recall. A lot of rain could basically ruin the tournament. If games are postponed you will see teams play whenever there is a window, whether it's 8:00 in the morning or 11:50 at night. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Did anyone listen to Ralph's interview about 30 minutes ago? I had to break away to take care of some things and missed the last part. He did say the weather was clearing and they were warming up and expected to start on time. Regarding strategy and confidence, he said the hay was in the barn on strategy, meaning it's taking care of itself at this point. His chatter and talks with players on base, leaving to go the field, coming to bat, pitching, etc. are efforts to maintain a high level of confidence. He wouldn't say which pitcher will be starting because Florida might be listening to the broadcast. Gaffin might start or Gabriel might start. He said we might see all the pitchers during the game. This is where I had to cut away. I was wondering if he was asked about Gabriel's condition during the phone call. Go LV's.

Yep, she had them 2 outs and two strikes to Haeger when she smacked over the left field fence into the bleachers. Now, bases loaded for Florida.

VN Store

Back