Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Women's College World Series

Can't deny how proud I am of this team for this run, but also can't deny that we've laid a total egg in OKC. My only request was for us to make it respectable, and we've fail miserably thus far.

It was a nice run while it lasted.

Yes, Auburn is really good. But the level of respect our defense has shown them in this game is way over the line. We're making it too easy for them playing so deep.

Reactions: 1 person
You are blind.

You need to watch the replay. The ball was already moving toward the line, and still had another 10 - 15 ft to go before reaching 3B. The point, however, is that even if it stayed fair there was no reason to pick it up.

The runner on third had no place to go, and the runner on first was already safe. You tell me... what did picking it up so quickly and not giving it a chance to roll foul accomplish?

Yep their defense is suffering. Only the bats will save them now.

The defensive POSITIONING is suffering which is controlled by the coaches. Geathers had a run a LONG way there because of how far back she was, and McSwain never should've been THAT far back behind 3B.

We should be better next year with more experience, and a 1/2 ranked recruiting class coming in. I just hope there is an Excellent pitcher in that recruiting class.

You need to watch the replay. The ball was already moving toward the line, and still had another 10 - 15 ft to go before reaching 3B. The point, however, is that even if it stayed fair there was no reason to pick it up.

The runner on third had no place to go, and the runner on first was already safe. You tell me... what did picking it up so quickly and not giving it a chance to roll foul accomplish?

Are you Amanda Scarborough lol? She just made your point with a much better camera angle. Ball looked like it was heading foul.

We should be better next year with more experience, and a 1/2 ranked recruiting class coming in. I just hope there is an Excellent pitcher in that recruiting class.

yes a dominant pitcher is key. lots of freshmen and sophs on this team. great class coming in. next year will be fun.

Yes, Auburn is really good. But the level of respect our defense has shown them in this game is way over the line. We're making it too easy for them playing so deep.

Completely agree. There is very little, if any, benefit in playing that deep. It looked like they were almost in the dirt. General rule of thumb... you should only play as deep as it would take you to get to the fence on a long fly ball. They looked like they could have caught a long fly ball by simply taking a few steps back to get to the fence.

Playing that deep simply opens up the rest of the outfield for pop up singles. And that ball was actually in the air for a long time and she still barely got to it.

Davis is an average pitcher. Our offense, for the most part, has been somewhat overrated most of the season. We hit a lot of HRs but our batting average isn't fantastic, we strike out a ton and are horrible with RISP.

For the most part our offense was pretty good and our pitching was horrid. Our pitching finally gets better and our hitting disappears ...

Last edited:
Are you Amanda Scarborough lol? She just made your point with a much better camera angle. Ball looked like it was heading foul.

haha... no. according to volcrazy I'm just blind. :)

In real time it didn't look like it had a chance to me. On replay, I agree, it could've gone foul.

No worries. I'm just surprised that a coach, or another player, would not have been yelling at McSwain to let it roll. I'm not picking on McSwain because the person trying to make the play is often too consumed in "trying to make a play" versus recognizing the situation. Typically one of the coaches from the dugout, the cather, or the pitcher should have been yelling to let it go.

We're going home after this game. It's just not meant to be. Team looks too deflated now down 4-0. They've had a good run up until now.

VN Store

Back