Game Thread Lady Vols vs Albany

Well, Albany is hanging around. Mediocre first quarter. If the LV's can avoid what happened in the UTC game, they should be ok, however.

13 shots for the 1st quarter, we shot 8 threes. smh. I miss Lady Vols basketball. Russell and Graves three touches. smh.

I'm assuming because Holly loves the way Reynolds pushes the ball and her size at the guard spot. Jones because of her defense mainly. Those are the only reasons I could see why Holly plays them so much.

It was a rhetorical question. :) But I don't think Reynolds pushes the ball nearly as well as she gets credit for.

Reactions: 1 person
Cooper already in foul trouble trying to do to much. Five turnovers in the first quarter makes us a pace for 20. We did make three threes and we needed them all.

You can't force the ball inside when they are collapsing on the posts which means you need to set some screen and hit some outside shots. If you subtract our turnovers from where we try to drive or force it into the paint and this game is already a blowout.

But we just never learn. We are a one trick pony. They won't stop collapsing on the posts until we hit some shots. You can turn up the full court pressure, which is what we are doing now and it will work against teams like Albany. It won't help us much against the better teams though.

We just don't value offensive efficiency and we are fine about not even getting a shot off as long as we try to pound it into the post. Just really dumb basketball.

Like we can really call those touches. We should continue to passs all around the perimeter, and never attack the basketball. You guys says our offense sucks but love all the things that make our offense suck. smh.

Yes, all of our players shot should be in the paint, they don't just have to try to pass it to get it inside...smh more than one way to skin a cat.

Like we can really call those touches. We should continue to passs all around the perimeter, and never attack the basketball. You guys says our offense sucks but love all the things that make our offense suck. smh.

No one said that. But if you watch where our turnovers come from they are from trying to get it inside at all costs. That is EXACTLY why Albany is hanging it around.

They just put a run on us while I was typing this because we keep turning it over... until Dunbar hit her three...

VN Store

Back