Game Thread Lady Vols vs Notre Dame

I predict tennessee will go up up 5-10 early, but of course in true tennessee fashion, will end up losing by 25.. ND with at least 10 made three pointers uncontested

Get Doris Burke out, put Kara Lawson (analyst) and Draya Carter in the ESPN lineup for this game! I don't think I can stomach Doris again so soon!

Reactions: 2 people
I actually have no idea what to expect for this game. Notre Dame is young and underachieving somewhat this year, so on the one hand I see this as our best opportunity to beat them in YEARS, but then we're so wildly inconsistent, even from quarter to quarter, that it's really hard to predict.

I would not be surprised for MR to have a big game and outshine Turner but we're going to have our hands full with Ogunbonwale.

I actually have no idea what to expect for this game. Notre Dame is young and underachieving somewhat this year, so on the one hand I see this as our best opportunity to beat them in YEARS, but then we're so wildly inconsistent, even from quarter to quarter, that it's really hard to predict.

I would not be surprised for MR to have a big game and outshine Turner but we're going to have our hands full with Ogunbonwale.

They were young and inexperienced the year after Diggins graduated...but they still stomped us.

No matter who is on their roster, ND will always be the better team because they have a real coach.

What to expect? A lopsided loss sounds about right.

Reactions: 1 person
Get Doris Burke out, put Kara Lawson (analyst) and Draya Carter in the ESPN lineup for this game! I don't think I can stomach Doris again so soon!
Doris is awesome really . She just didn't have much to work w last time . Plus she came to pats service . She respects the legacy .

Truly hope we play a good game but I am afraid we do not have much left in the tank .

Was at the Miss. State game and I felt bad for our players. Holly and her group of clowns do not know how to coach. She whistles and they put their heads down and scratch their heads! We have good players and I feel their pain!!

If we get blown out on National TV will she save this legacy and step down? Sadly, I do not think so! She is clueless and a new AD better fire her on his/her first day!

Let's go ahead and get it started now UT fans: "I hate these announcers!"...."These announcers are the worst".... "I can't stand Doris Burke"....."TK official hates Tennessee"...."These officials are terrible...."

Pick it up from here....

Doris is awesome really . She just didn't have much to work w last time . Plus she came to pats service . She respects the legacy .

G__o came to the service, so that isn't a big whoop. But Doris may truly respect the legacy. I can bow in her direction on that.

I still can't see Kara Lawson as less than an analyst. She does the homework! And hopefully Draya is her understudy.

G__o came to the service, so that isn't a big whoop. But Doris may truly respect the legacy. I can bow in her direction on that.

Actually, if you go watch last years game vs Notre Dame Doris Burke was actually the one hold out to criticize Holly. At that point in the season basically everyone had taken a shot already and Doris Burke at the beginning of that broadcast said "I don't understand why everyone is doubting Holly." She gave her the benefit of the doubt far longer than many others did.

Actually, if you go watch last years game vs Notre Dame Doris Burke was actually the one hold out to criticize Holly. At that point in the season basically everyone had taken a shot already and Doris Burke at the beginning of that broadcast said "I don't understand why everyone is doubting Holly." She gave her the benefit of the doubt far longer than many others did.

actaully doris talked more about how Holly had no recruits at that time, which i believe put more fans thinking in those terms of looking negatively at Holly.

Only the diehards think announcers should still be referential to the Vols when we haven't played good basketball or been a serious contender in 10 years. La la land

I want hear the announcers I always watch without sound. That way I don't get distracted by what they are saying and can more readily see all the things we are doing wrong.

I want hear the announcers I always watch without sound. That way I don't get distracted by what they are saying and can more readily see all the things we are doing wrong.

I really wish that the ESPN Classic "Sound of the Game" broadcast style that they utilize for the CFB title game would somehow be a standard audio option for every single sporting event.

I'm hoping that the Lady Vols can work some magic tonight and upend Notre Dame, but it just seems so unlikely given Muffet's coaching compared to Holly's.

Let's go ahead and get it started now UT fans: "I hate these announcers!"...."These announcers are the worst".... "I can't stand Doris Burke"....."TK official hates Tennessee"...."These officials are terrible...."

Pick it up from here....
I can about guarantee the officials will be bad. They are bad 90% of the time anymore it seems like. Notice I didn't say against the Lady Vols. They just suck in general for both teams.

VN Store

Back