Game Thread Lady Vols vs South Carolina

no, I'm 660 miles away from Knoxville, :(

And have medical issues to take care of on Monday. :(

no, I'm 660 miles away from Knoxville, :(

And have medical issues to take care of on Monday. :(

Yeah, I know you're in Floriduh. Hope the medical issues turn out in your favor. Give us a game score prediction to ensure a victory.

Their man can be sketchy at times but it can also be good. They have to play mostly man vs some teams even if they are getting beat off the dribble because they aren't very good at rebounding out of the zone. If they were better at that they could zone more.

I think the best thing for them to do is to start in man. Only go zone if they are in foul trouble and press at the beginning and end of every quarter, especially the 1st & 3rd. With how streaky their shooting is they just can't afford to play too much zone and give up offensive rebounds vs anyone, period.

Now, there are differrent types of man defense so they should specialize in ALL of those as they will be needed for both tourney's.

I think our best chance to win is turning them over and not letting them get comfortable in the half court offense. We can probably deny Wilson if we want and hold her scoring down but they have others that can make us pay. I suspect Holly will let Mercedes try to guard her one on one early after she scores a dozen probably see the zone and press if we don't see it from the beginning.

Reactions: 1 person
We have the talent to win. Their guards aren't that good. Let Asia get hers and shut every one else down below their averages, denying passes to Aja best we can to limit her a little, and our chances are good. If we spend all our energy trying to shut Aja down ? We lose. If we spend all our energy trying to get the ball into Mercedes on offense we lose. Stating the obvious, we only have to score 1 point more. SC is not that good without Aja, and not that good if she is the only one getting her numbers. Play 5 on 4 defense.

Reactions: 1 person
It's Senior Day. Nared made some very pointed comments on players not playing tough for a full game, so I think she and MR will bring it today. KD starts for the first and probably the last time in her LV career. Hope she rains 3s on the Gamecocks.

I'm sure the SRs expected a different scenario when they came here four and five years ago, but they can still lead the team to finish strong. They may not hang a banner like we all expected, but the stakes are high for every game left.

Reactions: 2 people
This is an opportunity game. We can make a real statement here, a win will mean a lot to the touney committee and give a giant boost to team morale.

The key to me is not stopping Wilson, its stopping the ball from getting to her. I don't believe we have a good matchup after she gets the ball but if we can double on her when she gets near the post we can at least limit her touches.

Lets get this peeps. Just clog the lane and get fouls on Wilson, they are forcing it in to her to pad her stats, lets make the rest try to beat us.

I'd like to see US be the type of aggressive A'ja seems to be. We really have nothing to lose at this point, IMHO. We need REBOUNDS, NO MISSED CHIP-INS, LIMITED TURNOVERS, and, for this game, 100% whole-hearted-as-if-their-lives-depend-on-it focus and energy.

NOW IS THE TIME!

Its too bad SC is the team they scheduled for the seniors last home game. Its a very tough matchup. But...nothing is supposed to be easy. Honestly. ..even if holly were the best coach in the world this is s huge challenge.

Wilson is not on the floor at TBA right now. Apparently she's sick and didn't make the trip?

Confirmed: she's not here-- she didn't make the trip.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back