GM on the way from LSU ... boom JP doing work

Original post should probably have some elaboration. Austin Thomas, LSU GM, basically he’s a recruiting resource. Tennessee has been way behind in the recruiting arms race as far as support personnel. Pruitt seems to be taking some of what other schools do best and copying it or in this case just out right stealing their guy entirely. You’re going to see some support staff added to open up pipelines to some of the best recruiting areas in other states.

LSU's 31-year-old GM Austin Thomas is changing the game

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yeah I don’t really get what these people do. Director of player personnel? What does that entail on a day to day basis?

To answer your question.... He will be preserving a lot if player personnel stuff... What that includes is shopping the current team's NFL capable players to NFL scouts and GM's.... And because he does that the recruiting comes pretty easy for him... And also because some of his background he will be able to set his sights on people that fit into the scheme we are going for....
There are several articles on him about what he does if you just search his name....
He also brings a consistent recruiting prowess somply because of being in contact with NFL scouts GM's ETC....

Some of y’all get so lathered up over the simplest things.

Nobody even knows LSU has a “General Manager,” and if they do, he’s been doing pedestrian work at best because LSU is average.

And Pruitt “landing” this “GM,” while he may very well be good for the staff he’s building, how is it “boom” worthy?

I am getting a real good feeling about our new Coaching and football operations team. Having a lifelong Vol fan, 31 which is young, and deep NFL and SEC recruiting experience seems to be a smart move. Also like taking advantage of rules to have Fulmer recruiting thru the Holidays.

Some of y’all get so lathered up over the simplest things.

Nobody even knows LSU has a “General Manager,” and if they do, he’s been doing pedestrian work at best because LSU is average.

And Pruitt “landing” this “GM,” while he may very well be good for the staff he’s building, how is it “boom” worthy?

I like your logic, which would mean Florida is 5+ wins (since they are in a weaker division arguable) from even being considered average.

Reactions: 4 people
This thread is a lot more fun (and pretty much just as enlightening) if you take TGO's advice and read "GM" as "Gruden's masseuse" everywhere you see it. :)

Reactions: 1 person
You aren't wrong. I would argue it's a little more reliable than the "my cousin lives in his hometown and says he's coming to UT" type post. Look at the sources, the information provided, and make your own decisions.

Is the Christmas Tree in the front yard? ...That's when you know it's happening!

People under estimating Pruitt just may be making a bad mistake, he's building an organization from the ground up.

He may be stealing a person from LSU, but I think he is stealing the fundamental concepts from BAMA. It has worked to near perfection for them, and we are going to as close to the source as we can get. Whether this will work or not is yet to be determined, but I think it is the wave of the future.

Reactions: 1 person
He may be stealing a person from LSU, but I think he is stealing the fundamental concepts from BAMA. It has worked to near perfection for them, and we are going to as close to the source as we can get. Whether this will work or not is yet to be determined, but I think it is the wave of the future.

Yes sir! You get it.

I like your logic, which would mean Florida is 5+ wins (since they are in a weaker division arguable) from even being considered average.

Florida sucks. I’m not delusional nor am I in denial.

Florida has hired several good coaches since Mullen took over, especially Nick Savage as Strength and Conditioning coach, but I would say “boom, we’re back!” to none of them.

It’s going to take some hellacious recruiting and a whole bunch of coaching and organizational changes to get Florida back.

Florida sucks. I’m not delusional nor am I in denial.

Florida has hired several good coaches since Mullen took over, especially Nick Savage as Strength and Conditioning coach, but I would say “boom, we’re back!” to none of them.

It’s going to take some hellacious recruiting and a whole bunch of coaching and organizational changes to get Florida back.

I'm under no delusions that LSU is the best thing since slice bread. Are they average for the SEC West and been there for quite a few years? Sure. An average team (NCAA) over that time period? No way.

9-3 is not bad considering they fired their head coach 14 months ago. The SEC West is where coaches dreams go to die.

VN Store

Back