Going into the Vandy game 5-6?

5-6? Ya'll are nuts. 4 wins is the ceiling, up to that point. A very high ceiling. Vandy could be the 5th.
I mean, beat Bama? LOL. Beat UAB? Maybe. Beat USC, maybe. Beat Missouri, no. Beat UK, a very unlikely maybe. I like our chances against Vandy. But definitely not a gimme.
Weird breakdown.

USC is way better than UK and neither are very good.

I would almost bet the house they won't make a bowl. And it's not necessarily because they can't. It's because I don't think they will want to. This group has deliberately done everything they can to avoid getting to a bowl. Last year they knocked off Kentucky and then they just fall apart against Missouri and Vanderbilt. It was pretty well documented some players said they didn't want to go through another month of practice to go to a mediocre Bowl. A lot of those players are still there and it only takes a couple
I disagree the seniors that are playing and Trey smith would love to go to a bowl and as for all the young players of course they want to go to a bowl.

I would almost bet the house they won't make a bowl. And it's not necessarily because they can't. It's because I don't think they will want to. This group has deliberately done everything they can to avoid getting to a bowl. Last year they knocked off Kentucky and then they just fall apart against Missouri and Vanderbilt. It was pretty well documented some players said they didn't want to go through another month of practice to go to a mediocre Bowl. A lot of those players are still there and it only takes a couple
By all means, let's crap on the parade. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Volank
5-6? Ya'll are nuts. 4 wins is the ceiling, up to that point. A very high ceiling. Vandy could be the 5th.
I mean, beat Bama? LOL. Beat UAB? Maybe. Beat USC, maybe. Beat Missouri, no. Beat UK, a very unlikely maybe. I like our chances against Vandy. But definitely not a gimme.

Would love to see how you rate UK “very unlikely” when they have a receiver playing QB.....

By all means, lets crap on the parade. :rolleyes:
No. But I've been a Tennessee fan long enough not to get my hopes up too high. You only set yourself up for disappointment if you're sitting here convincing yourself that this team is going to win out. There are people that are realists then there are people that are in Fantasyland. It would be nice to see them win out or lose just to Alabama. But we saw what happened last year after Kentucky. The sunshine Pumpers were telling the realists to shut up because we said there was still a couple games to go. Who ended up being right?

Last edited:
No. But I've been a Tennessee fan long enough not to get my hopes up too high. You only set yourself up for disappointment if you're sitting here convincing yourself that this team is going to win out. There are people that are real list then there are people that are in Fantasyland. It would be nice to see them win out or lose just to Alabama. But we saw what happened last year after Kentucky. The sunshine Pumpers we're telling the realists to shut up because we said there was still a couple games to go. Who ended up being right?
This is how some celebrate a win, living in the moment with positive aspirations. It's not absolutely delusional to feel like the Vols could go bowling.

This is how some celebrate a win, living in the moment with positive aspirations. It's not absolutely delusional to feel like the Vols could go bowling.
I agree it's not impossible. I just don't see them beating sc or mizzou. Time well tell

The most you can hope for with this team is that they are competitive in the remaining games, minus Bama. Vandy is a must win though.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

It's absolutely FF'ish to presume they won't.
this team is better, but playing worse competition.

i say 5-7, 6-6 is ceiling.

I was at the Vandy game yesterday and it was sad. I think we put things back the way they're supposed to be against the Commodores this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: preacherwebb
Is Dooley on our sidelines?

Is the 2011 roster on our team?

Don’t be dumb
UT has history..back up's beating them in Florida, Receivers beating them at Kentucky.
Albeit Kentucky looks worse than TN this year and I think they can win but UT has to have the right attitude for the game. If they come out like they did against everyone before Georgia they lose.

UT has history..back up's beating them in Florida, Receivers beating them at Kentucky.
Albeit Kentucky looks worse than TN this year and I think they can win but UT has to have the right attitude for the game. If they come out like they did against everyone before Georgia they lose.

Don’t backtrack with your dumb comment now.

Florida and Georgia have zero to do with our game vs UK.

Please do share all of the “receivers” from UK beating Tennessee. Should be an easy list since you said their have been multiple times

Don’t backtrack with your dumb comment now.

Florida and Georgia have zero to do with our game vs UK.

Please do share all of the “receivers” from UK beating Tennessee. Should be an easy list since you said their have been multiple times
Damn bro you sure have an issue with not knowing UT history and being called out on it. Maybe you should take a few midol and grab a nap. Your post MSST win hangover is lingering.

I think KY had some receivers on the 2017 team. Not sure if they only played TE's the whole time though..
(you might want to look at the 2017 stats)

Possible yes... Though I think it’s a little naive to think we’re gonna beat USC. Kentucky is probably a coin flip at this point. And we should win UAB and Vandy. I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath regarding winning all 4 just cause we beat a bad MSU team at home.

VN Store

Back