Going into the Vandy game 5-6?

Every game except Bama is a toss up. The Vols turn the ball over and make stupid mistakes and they can get blown out by anyone.

Play smart and they can hang with SC, Vandy, KY and UAB. Maybe Missouri but I don't like their chances against any team with a good passing offense the Tigers are balanced this season.

Reactions: preacherwebb
More likely enter the Vandy game 4 and 7. Losses to Bama, South Carolina and Missouri look likely to me. Beat Vandy and end up 5-7. South Carolina looks like the most winnable, but let's face it, Muschamp has our number. I don't see TN beating Missouri in Columbia.

This is how some celebrate a win, living in the moment with positive aspirations. It's not absolutely delusional to feel like the Vols could go bowling.

I like living in the moment and being a realist. The two can actually work together.

As pointed out South Carolina is the next biggest game of the year. We know UT has very little to no chance of beating Alabama this year. The fanbase has conceded it. South Carolina always seems to beat a team they shouldn't before going back to the law of averages. The game is in Neyland. These games have been close. Like us, the will be coming off a tough game. They are also down to their 3rd team QB. I am not saying we have a good probability to win but the game is winnable. More winnable today than a few weeks ago because of our QB change.

A win puts a bowl game as a very realistic goal but a loss doesn't make it impossible just improbable.

More likely enter the Vandy game 4 and 7. Losses to Bama, South Carolina and Missouri look likely to me. Beat Vandy and end up 5-7. South Carolina looks like the most winnable, but let's face it, Muschamp has our number. I don't see TN beating Missouri in Columbia.
South Carolina is beatable with only their 3rd string quarterback left

Reactions: preacherwebb
I like living in the moment and being a realist. The two can actually work together.

As pointed out South Carolina is the next biggest game of the year. We know UT has very little to no chance of beating Alabama this year. The fanbase has conceded it. South Carolina always seems to beat a team they shouldn't before going back to the law of averages. The game is in Neyland. These games have been close. Like us, the will be coming off a tough game. They are also down to their 3rd team QB. I am not saying we have a good probability to win but the game is winnable. More winnable today than a few weeks ago because of our QB change.

A win puts a bowl game as a very realistic goal but a loss doesn't make it impossible just improbable.
I think the South Carolina game is a toss up. If we are to get an "upset" win it will be Missouri. I don't consider Mississippi State win an upset as I personally called that game a toss up. So, do the Vols have an upset win in them? It's possible.

Damn bro you sure have an issue with not knowing UT history and being called out on it. Maybe you should take a few midol and grab a nap. Your post MSST win hangover is lingering.

I think KY had some receivers on the 2017 team. Not sure if they only played TE's the whole time though..
(you might want to look at the 2017 stats)

You said UK has beaten us multiple times with receivers at the QB position. Name them. Shouldn’t be hard.

I think the South Carolina game is a toss up. If we are to get an "upset" win it will be Missouri. I don't consider Mississippi State win an upset as I personally called that game a toss up. So, do the Vols have an upset win in them? It's possible.

Agreed it's possible they do. Maurer has only started two games and UT is a threat to score on a more consistent basis now. I think he only gets better. Hopefully he can control the TO's but playing it safe will not get this team to 6 wins. I feel less confident against Missouri because of Kelly Bryant.
A few others aren't cake walks either.

Just think how much more comfortable we'd be with wins over Georgia State and BYU. That is the real shame. Nothing the team can do now but turn it around. With every game we're able to see if Maurer really has a good upside.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
I would argue no. There's a lot of guys on this team that have deliberately avoided going to a bowl game for a couple years. They didn't want the extra practices. Supposedly some of the players got together last year and looked at their last three games and determined which one they wanted to win the most and they chose Kentucky. Then they just totally whiffed on the other two. They didn't want to go through another month of practice just to go to a mediocre Bowl. It doesn't take the whole team to have that mindset. If it's just a couple players it can doom you.
Got a source for the highlighted above? A source as in one or more players on record stating that this happened? Versus message board speculation or voices in someone's head?

Message boards are great, but it's astonishing how rumor and speculation get a grip in some folks' heads.

Reactions: Joefoxx
Agreed it's possible they do. Maurer has only started two games and UT is a threat to score on a more consistent basis now. I think he only gets better. Hopefully he can control the TO's but playing it safe will not get this team to 6 wins. I feel less confident against Missouri because of Kelly Bryant.
A few others aren't cake walks either.

Just think how much more comfortable we'd be with wins over Georgia State and BYU. That is the real shame. Nothing the team can do now but turn it around. With every game we're able to see if Maurer really has a good upside.
Forward into the breach!

I'd be lying if I said that I knew anything about UAB.

Bama is Bama.

South Carolina is actually getting better and it's not just the Georgia game that makes me say that. Does the QB situation kill that?

Kentucky looks like they are getting worse as the season goes along.

Vandy is the worst team in the league and looks like some of the Vandy teams of the past. They are just plain awful. UAB is more of a threat than Vandy and as I said, I don't know anything about Vandy.

Missouri doesn't seem impressive, but they are solid and there isn't an aspect of the team that makes me think "wow, that's awful". They win games and it's a road game for Tennessee. Very tough.

Assuming the loss to Bama. They have to win 2 out of 3 against Kentucky, SC, and Mizzou.

And hate on the negavols all you want, but as the season moves forward, it is really inexcusable to not go bowling with this schedule in 2019. It doesn't get any easier. 8 home games and 4 non-conference games against cream puffs.

No. But I've been a Tennessee fan long enough not to get my hopes up too high. You only set yourself up for disappointment if you're sitting here convincing yourself that this team is going to win out. There are people that are realists then there are people that are in Fantasyland. It would be nice to see them win out or lose just to Alabama. But we saw what happened last year after Kentucky. The sunshine Pumpers were telling the realists to shut up because we said there was still a couple games to go. Who ended up being right?

So being right is more important than anything here? Your breakdown wasn't "real" it was uninformed and negative. Vandy is awful, UK is bad. TN isn't great but have been playing better each week. Could have been up at UF going into half with decent QB play. Played with UGA for 3 qtrs. Just manhandled miss st and held sec leading rusher to 13yds on 11 carries. Freshman QB, lineman, lb's, db's all playing significant minutes. They're getting better. Now, I agree we don't know what will happen. There will still be ups and downs, because it's a young team. But to say we have no chance, that's absurd as someone saying we're gonna win out.

Reactions: Joefoxx
5-6? Ya'll are nuts. 4 wins is the ceiling, up to that point. A very high ceiling. Vandy could be the 5th.
I mean, beat Bama? LOL. Beat UAB? Maybe. Beat USC, maybe. Beat Missouri, no. Beat UK, a very unlikely maybe. I like our chances against Vandy. But definitely not a gimme.

Beat UAB
USCe just play the game of their year they’ll have a major let down
Missouri with Bryant is a wildcard Pruitt dials up pressure then the Vols will win
UK they barely edged out Arkansas so please explain why they aren’t a W.
Vandy is Vandy and trash

Beat UAB
USCe just play the game of their year they’ll have a major let down
Missouri with Bryant is a wildcard Pruitt dials up pressure then the Vols will win
UK they barely edged out Arkansas so please explain why they aren’t a W.
Vandy is Vandy and trash

But they don't play us next, they play UF; and my guess is the letdown is against UF if it does happen. If we played next week I'd be more inclined to agree, but 2 weeks later with an opponent in between I don't think that's a factor. I think it's a winnable game but it's more wild card than Mizzou.

I think Mizzou is better than a wild card. I'll be shocked if we win that. I think their Wyoming loss was more fluke than not.

Everyone else we can beat and honestly should. UK is on the road but it's UK. Vandy sucks. UAB is probably better than Vandy but we still should win that one.

UT has history..back up's beating them in Florida, Receivers beating them at Kentucky.
Albeit Kentucky looks worse than TN this year and I think they can win but UT has to have the right attitude for the game. If they come out like they did against everyone before Georgia they lose.
Who was the second one?

I remember the Dooley game.

VN Store

Back