Going into the Vandy game 5-6?

I'd be lying if I said that I knew anything about UAB.

Bama is Bama.

South Carolina is actually getting better and it's not just the Georgia game that makes me say that. Does the QB situation kill that?

Kentucky looks like they are getting worse as the season goes along.

Vandy is the worst team in the league and looks like some of the Vandy teams of the past. They are just plain awful. UAB is more of a threat than Vandy and as I said, I don't know anything about Vandy.

Missouri doesn't seem impressive, but they are solid and there isn't an aspect of the team that makes me think "wow, that's awful". They win games and it's a road game for Tennessee. Very tough.

Assuming the loss to Bama. They have to win 2 out of 3 against Kentucky, SC, and Mizzou.

And hate on the negavols all you want, but as the season moves forward, it is really inexcusable to not go bowling with this schedule in 2019. It doesn't get any easier. 8 home games and 4 non-conference games against cream puffs.
Statistically UGA beat USC in every category by similar margins to UT.

UT turned it over twice against UGA and UGA turned the football over 4 times to USCs 0.
USC played hard and took enough advantage of UGAs mistakes to win but outside the turnovers the numbers aren't much different.

I dont know what the deal is with the QB situation. The 3rd guy brings a more athletic running threat but he doesnt appear to be the passer that Hilinski is. And I dont know who UT faces anyway.
Bama is an L
Mizzou is a bad matchup that will require a really good performance on the road. Probably and L.

No one else on the schedule is better than UT which can obviously change.

Bowl Hope's hinge on the USC game. IMO.

Reactions: preacherwebb
My guess we will go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside shot at 6-6. If we don't have Maurer, bet money on 4-8.
Bama - 99% loss
Missouri - 80% loss
South Carolina - 70% loss
Kentucky - 50% win
Vandy - 65% win
UAB - 75% win

He played QB against us smart guy. Quit trying to move the goalposts.

No one moved anything. Go back to my original comment that you felt the need to argue with your only defense being something 8 years ago.

UK is starting a receiver at QB. They’ve only done that against us once and won. There hasn’t been multiple games. You have to be dumb to say there has been.

Reactions: lexkyvol
But they don't play us next, they play UF; and my guess is the letdown is against UF if it does happen. If we played next week I'd be more inclined to agree, but 2 weeks later with an opponent in between I don't think that's a factor. I think it's a winnable game but it's more wild card than Mizzou.

I think Mizzou is better than a wild card. I'll be shocked if we win that. I think their Wyoming loss was more fluke than not.

Everyone else we can beat and honestly should. UK is on the road but it's UK. Vandy sucks. UAB is probably better than Vandy but we still should win that one.

I just expect to USCe to come back down to earth a lot. They played past thier limitations against Georgia.

Beating Mizzou can happen if we keep pressure on Bryant. We’ll need help defensively but I think Tennessee can definitely do it.

Agree with the rest.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I just expect to USCe to come back down to earth a lot. They played past thier limitations against Georgia.

Beating Mizzou can happen if we keep pressure on Bryant. We’ll need help defensively but I think Tennessee can definitely do it.

Agree with the rest.
SC played their lights out game of the year yesterday. You are 100% correct. Their play yesterday isn't indicative of how good they are. However, UT has never been able to beat Muschump so they have that going for em.

WE are 1-2 in the SEC, we are 2-4 overall, next up, BAMA, did anyone watch any part of the SC game? We're down one QB, and some thing we're "Going Bowling"??? I really wonder sometime do people say stuff like that because they actually mean it, or because it makes them feel good. There are Billions of dollars a year changing hands with sports books across the US, I wonder if they say stuff like that when they place a wager.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
A 6-6 Tennessee team would probably go to either the Birmingham Bowl or the Liberty Bowl.
ESPN dude doesnt know football (from todays bowl projections)
AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: TCU vs. Mississippi State
Schlabach: TCU vs. Liberty

My guess we will go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside shot at 6-6. If we don't have Maurer, bet money on 4-8.
Bama - 99% loss
Missouri - 80% loss
South Carolina - 70% loss
Kentucky - 50% win
Vandy - 65% win
UAB - 75% win
Agree with your over-all W-L, I'd up Missouri to 90% and SC to 85%(based on yesterdays play), we are down one QB-Kentucky we post an L game won by 3. Vandy 50-50, we win UAB 75%. As you have Kentucky at 50-50, we not far off from one another's take.

SC played their lights out game of the year yesterday. You are 100% correct. Their play yesterday isn't indicative of how good they are. However, UT has never been able to beat Muschump so they have that going for em.

There’s at least a good chance to beat him.

A 3rd string who “rarely takes snaps in practice” can’t do that over and over again

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I agree it's not impossible. I just don't see them beating sc or mizzou. Time well tell
Best thing is to take one game at a time.
If the guys play their hearts out each game
I'll say we had a productive year after the
First 2 games

I can imagine beating UAB, UK and Vandy. USC has that Muschamp mojo going against us. Missouri is and seemingly always has been our kryptonite. Of the two, USC seems far more realistic. We've improved no doubt, but I have a very hard time seeing us take UAB, USC, UK and KY. I think a 5 win season is much more realistic. Hope to hades they prove me wrong. Making a bowl game this year would be an absolutely HUGE statement on the recruiting trail. We need a great class this year....badly.

VN Store

Back