Greg McElroy says Florida

I think Greg is still mad we burned him in 2016 by underperforming when he spoke very highly of us all year.

McElroy will never live this down. I will be making GameDay posters calling him out if Pruitt is successful.

If McElroy is as accurate with his predictions as he is his passes then I like our chances.

Reactions: 1 person
I know, I know, two different years--just fooling around. I never posted one post on a rival's site--much less four straight. Get a freaking life.

e02f13c1ee469987945be1245e0eb734.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I watched yesterday and all I heard from everyone was how good the Gators were gonna be..Made me want to throw up..So much love for Florida and nothing for the VOLS...
Everyone said we would suck this year and be lucky to be in most games...
No one has payed a snap yet and everyone thinks Florida will be competing for the #2 spot in the East with 9 wins...
I want everyone to overlook us and when we WTFA and they realize we for real that we came to play..Game over....GBO

I watched yesterday and all I heard from everyone was how good the Gators were gonna be..Made me want to throw up..So much love for Florida and nothing for the VOLS...
Everyone said we would suck this year and be lucky to be in most games...
No one has payed a snap yet and everyone thinks Florida will be competing for the #2 spot in the East with 9 wins...
I want everyone to overlook us and when we WTFA and they realize we for real that we came to play..Game over....GBO

The media always has a love affair with the Gators. Add in their boy, Dan Mullen and it only gets worse. IÂ’m just glad I wonÂ’t have to hear them pump Miss St sunshine much anymore. Last year when Miss st beat LSU, you would think Dan Mullen was the new Nick Saban. IÂ’m just sitting there thinking, dude, ItÂ’s ED OGERON....heÂ’s basically a plumber who accidentally got a job coaching football....

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't the Gators lose, like, 10 players to some sort of school loan scam? I think there were some critical pieces of the team that they lost. Can't remember he details, but, that had to have an effect on them in 2017.

Mullen is a proven commodity, and Pruitt is unproven at best. I donÂ’t think they will win convincingly this year, but there is more reason to believe they will out pace us in the wins column in the years to come based on MullenÂ’s track record.

Listened to McElroy this morning on Sirius radio. I donÂ’t think he has a real high opinion of Pruitt, so thatÂ’s probably where this is coming from

If you check the history of the series, Tennessee was way ahead of Florida in the series until Florida hired Spurrier. After he left and Meyer was brought in we were still ahead in the series. It was only during the 11 year run of them beating us that they drew even and eventually went ahead of us in the series. As good as he was, Fulmer was not very successful against either of them. So if you factor in Kiffen, Dooley, then Butch, it really isn't much of a stretch to assume we lose to them. Unlike some on here, I think Mullen is a very good coach, and with the talent in Florida, if he can get them in, Florida will be tough. That being said, Pruitt will instill a new dedication to doing the things necessary to win in his teams. He is a no nonsense guy, has the coaching staff that will develop the players who want to win, and as for QB development, I think Tyson Helton will have our QBs ready to play big boy football. I don't have any idea how many games we win this year, but I do think we will surprise at least a couple of teams, and I think we will see a much improved and more disciplined football team this year. Look for better things to come in a couple of years.

DidnÂ’t McElroy also say the Vols were going to beat Georgia last year? I think heÂ’s a great commentator but his predictions donÂ’t always go so well.

will "win convincingly" against the lowly Vols.

Given both the Gators and Vols had (4) win seasons in 2017, what makes people think and pick Florida as being so much better than Tennessee?

What am I missing? :unsure:
Because Mullen has never had nearly the amount of talent that Florida has. He overachieved at one of the toughest jobs to win at in the SEC. Mullen is the winningest coach in Miss State history. That oughta tell you something. He competed with Bama with 2 and 3 star players.
He will get every ounce out of that Florida talent and more. We better hope Pruitt turns out to be a legend or we are screwed.

Didn't the Gators lose, like, 10 players to some sort of school loan scam? I think there were some critical pieces of the team that they lost. Can't remember he details, but, that had to have an effect on them in 2017.

ThatÂ’s over. There were 9 suspended, 5 of them are back, and of those five, 2 are key players (RB Jordan Scarlett and LB Ventrell Miller). WR Rick Wells is also back and he looks to be a promising player and will contribute as well. The others are fairly deep on the depth chart.

Nope. The reason is simply this. He along with almost everyone else that knows a little bit about football knows that UF owns UT when it comes to football.

Yes its a hard pill to swallow but at some point we UT fans have to come to grips with some undeniable facts.

It’s not a “fact”. It’s a perception and mentality that doesn’t override the REALITY of football. If we’re a better coached/equally or more talented team? We win.

will "win convincingly" against the lowly Vols.

Given both the Gators and Vols had (4) win seasons in 2017, what makes people think and pick Florida as being so much better than Tennessee?

What am I missing? :unsure:

I agree with McElroy also. Even when we are clearly the more talented team and also have home field advantage, we BLOW the game.
1999 at Florida, Fulmer calls a very predictable call and runs Lewis to the left and he gets stuffed at the 3 yard line. Game over!
bUTch allowed a running back whom Florida converted to Q.B. to get huge rushing yardage in Neyland and they beat us.
Fulmer allowed Gafney to get the no catch touchdown in the Swamp to beat us.
bUTch allowed a poor q.b. to scramble on the last play of the game last year and throw a prayer and score to win the game.
bUTch threw three straight passes to the left corner end zone. The first two were incompletions and the 3rd was an interception. We lost.
Every year, when I see the following years schedule, I automatically place Alabama & Florida as losses. We can beat them, but they seem to somehow get in to the players and coaches heads and we lose the game mentally.

Because Mullen has never had nearly the amount of talent that Florida has. He overachieved at one of the toughest jobs to win at in the SEC. Mullen is the winningest coach in Miss State history. That oughta tell you something. He competed with Bama with 2 and 3 star players.
He will get every ounce out of that Florida talent and more. We better hope Pruitt turns out to be a legend or we are screwed.

Moorehead is suddenly bringing in recruits. Mullen always has sucked at it. HeÂ’s a superstar OC playing mediocre HC.

I agree with McElroy also. Even when we are clearly the more talented team and also have home field advantage, we BLOW the game.
1999 at Florida, Fulmer calls a very predictable call and runs Lewis to the left and he gets stuffed at the 3 yard line. Game over!
bUTch allowed a running back whom Florida converted to Q.B. to get huge rushing yardage in Neyland and they beat us.
Fulmer allowed Gafney to get the no catch touchdown in the Swamp to beat us.
bUTch allowed a poor q.b. to scramble on the last play of the game last year and throw a prayer and score to win the game.
bUTch threw three straight passes to the left corner end zone. The first two were incompletions and the 3rd was an interception. We lost.
Every year, when I see the following years schedule, I automatically place Alabama & Florida as losses. We can beat them, but they seem to somehow get in to the players and coaches heads and we lose the game mentally.

Spurrier usually outcoached Fulmer. When he didnÂ’t we won. Send the wizard home.

If you check the history of the series, Tennessee was way ahead of Florida in the series until Florida hired Spurrier. After he left and Meyer was brought in we were still ahead in the series. It was only during the 11 year run of them beating us that they drew even and eventually went ahead of us in the series. As good as he was, Fulmer was not very successful against either of them. So if you factor in Kiffen, Dooley, then Butch, it really isn't much of a stretch to assume we lose to them. Unlike some on here, I think Mullen is a very good coach, and with the talent in Florida, if he can get them in, Florida will be tough. That being said, Pruitt will instill a new dedication to doing the things necessary to win in his teams. He is a no nonsense guy, has the coaching staff that will develop the players who want to win, and as for QB development, I think Tyson Helton will have our QBs ready to play big boy football. I don't have any idea how many games we win this year, but I do think we will surprise at least a couple of teams, and I think we will see a much improved and more disciplined football team this year. Look for better things to come in a couple of years.

I notice that you said that Fulmer was not very good against Florida. Well, in those days, who was good against them???
They got drummed against Nebraska one year, but no one else could really beat them when Spurrier was there.
It is not like Florida was beatable and other teams beat them EXCEPT Fulmer. Nobody was beating them.

He Got Mississippi State to #1. Mississippi State.

And then went belly up. Lose to Bama? Join the crowd. Lose to bitter rival Ole Miss with a shot at the playoffs? Choke! Play in the Orange Bowl and advance the program? Choke against Georgia Tech! Ten wins and nothing...then back to mediocrity. ItÂ’s how you finish, IÂ’ve heard.

Reactions: 5 people
And then went belly up. Lose to Bama? Join the crowd. Lose to bitter rival Ole Miss with a shot at the playoffs? Choke! Play in the Orange Bowl and advance the program? Choke against Georgia Tech! Ten wins and nothing...then back to mediocrity. ItÂ’s how you finish, IÂ’ve heard.

You have grade people on a curve. I have no idea what Mullen will do at Florida. We will see.

He had Miss State ranked #1 in the country in November. Something I never saw and am willing to bet heavily I will never see again.

This is the same stuff people threw out about Franklin. Like you are supposed to win big games at Vandy

You have grade people on a curve. I have no idea what Mullen will do at Florida. We will see.

He had Miss State ranked #1 in the country in November. Something I never saw and am willing to bet heavily I will never see again.

This is the same stuff people threw out about Franklin. Like you are supposed to win big games at Vandy

Franklin was a noted good recruiter at Maryland and he overachieved in that department at Vanderbilt. Wins happened that usually donÂ’t. If you recruit average or poorly, there is no sustainability...thatÂ’s MullenÂ’s legacy in Starksville.

When was the last time you seen a Dak Prescott at miss state ? When was the last time you saw a Johnny football at A&M . What happens when players like them leave ? Cam newton also comes to mind . ThatÂ’s how a miss state program gets to #1 and then straight back to where people are use to seeing them . Does Florida have a qb like those guys ? I think if you do then history says youÂ’ll be hell on wheels , if not well we shall see what your new coach can do .

Reactions: 3 people

I know Dak was there, and heÂ’s even better than we ever expected. ItÂ’s a helluva lot easier to recruit to Florida than Starkville. I donÂ’t think you can say Mullen is overrated. I hope he is, but if he gets his guy there at QB itÂ’s gonna be difficult. I actually really like Pruitt and think that we are about relive the 90Â’s, but I think UGA is the real deal too. Once Saban retires then the balance of power returns.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back