Has anyone else heard about Pat?

jeez what happened ? Is it the dementia disease or something else ? I cant believe this is happening

Alzheimer's is fatal...most don't last very long after diagnosis. Not sure of the science. So many heroes of my youth...Reagan,Heston and now Pat.

Reactions: 1 person
Watched my grandpa go through exactly why she's going through. When it hits, it hours hard and fast. Praying for her and her family.

Sadly, Pat has been struggling for a while. She moved into assisted living after the holidays. Pat's a fighter, but Alzheimers is a tough opponent. Sometimes, it's a win to go with dignity. Friends feel she is ready.

Pat Summitt is a gracious lady and a great friend to UT. Nobody has ever loved UT more or represented the university with such class. We have been fortunate to have her.

Reactions: 16 people
Sadly, Pat has been struggling for a while. She moved into assisted living after the holidays. Pat's a fighter, but Alzheimers is a tough opponent. Sometimes, it's a win to go with dignity. Friends feel she is ready.

Pat Summitt is a gracious lady and a great friend to UT. Nobody has ever loved UT more or represented the university with such class. We have been fortunate to have her.

Thank you LA Vol for the update. This is a very sad day. We all Love Pat!

God bless Pat and her family with peace. She is one sports figure that is truly worthy of the "hero" label, but no doubt, she would tell you she isn't. #prayforpat

From some family members it sounds like days at best for her.

Sad to hear but her quality of life has been gone for a while now.

I love Pat. She is like an Aunt. I grew up admiring her and she is one of the most important female role models in my life. Sad days ahead.

As a father of 2yo and 4yo daughters, I admire Pat tremendously. I wish my girls could've grown up watching and learning from Pat. Fortunately I did and I will certainly apply some of the principals and values and work ethic while raising them. Pat will live on through the millions that she had a hand in molding, directly or indirectly. God Bless You, Pat Summitt!

Reactions: 5 people
My mother and Law is going through the same thing nothing you can do, all you do is set and watch the loved one go down hill day after day, the not being able to do anything about it is what get's to me.

Seeing my grandfather go through this two years ago was so painful. I pray for everyone close to this situation because it's tough to watch. #prayingforpat

My mom is going through the disease now. It is truly sad. There are different types of dementia and different types of Alzheimer's. Some progress faster than others. My mom was diagnosed about the same time as Pat. While she is dwindling each day, her progression has been at a much slower rate than Pat. My mom still knows the people close to her and she can still fend for herself a little bit.

It's a terrible disease that I don't wish on my worst enemies. It effects everyone in the family. Pat and her family are in my prayers. It's a sad day that this terrible disease appears to be close to taking such a VFL.

Reactions: 8 people
Sending thoughts, prayers and love to Coach Summitt and her family.

This is so sad and news no one wanted to even think about or hear. My heart is aching for all of them. I had the privilege of meeting Pat, what a lovely, approachable woman.

Please Lord make her better and stronger and keep her safe..

Reactions: 2 people
I've always wanted to meet Patt Summitt. She dedicated her life to Tennessee Basketball and treated all her players like they were one of her own. Hope the good Lord above brings this strong woman through. Prayers to the Summitt family.

My dad had the slow type. Took the better part of 15 years. Too long, hard to say but Pat may be lucky, no dignity or life as we understand it as time drags on...

I believe I read the cause for the critical state is sepsis not the progression of alzheimers.

On sports center they announced the family is prepared for her passing today. Just sad. Prayers with them

The state of Tennessee and the University of Tennessee was fortunate to have a person of this magnitude in their presence. A true, walking, talking, legend walked among us. Thank you Pat for all you have done for Tennessee...:cray:...:salute:

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom is going through the disease now. It is truly sad. There are different types of dementia and different types of Alzheimer's. Some progress faster than others. My mom was diagnosed about the same time as Pat. While she is dwindling each day, her progression has been at a much slower rate than Pat. My mom still knows the people close to her and she can still fend for herself a little bit.

It's a terrible disease that I don't wish on my worst enemies. It effects everyone in the family. Pat and her family are in my prayers. It's a sad day that this terrible disease appears to be close to taking such a VFL.

Prayers to you and Pat.

Sad

VN Store

Back