heard the students were planning a walk out

Yeah, if there is any group of people known for having excess cash laying around to throw away at dumb **** it's college kids. For sure.

It's alright I understand they want to try to make a difference but that's gotta be the dumbest action at all things...A U-M-A-S-S game!!!

And my comment on the GoFundMe was sarcasm. Should have used blue font.

And this is a game that we'll win in spite of jones. Even if jones screws up the use of our OTs, makes stupid play calls, fails to capitalize on our players strengths, the Vols will put up another W. Doesn't seem like the best time to be protesting, but hey, wearing black on a very hot day- for an entire game- doesn't seem that smart either......

I am as critical of Jones as anyone but game day should be for supporting the players on the field and enjoying the atmosphere on campus.

Spend the rest of the week bashing Jones.

This is beyond stupid if true and, as someone else said, doing it at this particular game is pointless.

Why bother going to games if you don't support the coach?

Because the whole idea is for the students to draw attention to themselves. They think the protest thing is trendy and cool and they can post pics and selfies on instagram of their walkout. Hope they understand the rest of us will just eye roll, yawn, and keep watching football.

Reactions: 2 people
or something to that effect in tomm's game in the student section or all wearing black, something like that. A couple of students were on twitter talking about it and 2 ppl called ini swains show asking about it this morning.

I really hope this isn't true or doesn't happen. I don't want us looking like a bunch of morons on sec tv for them to talk about all week no matter if u like cbj or don't like cbj.

I don't really see alot of students coming to the umass game at 12:00 anyway but still hate to see it happen.

wgaf

Reactions: 1 person
From what I understand the ones that want Jones gone are planning on doing it. It would be a shame. It's one think for ppl to talk but to embarrass the School on National TV and the Players is not good. I am sure the players would be pissed off if it happened,

I bet it's those same morons that say don't bash players. Yet, they walk out on them during a game.

Our team is together. So a slight against one is a slight against all.

Don't let a small but loud piece of the fanbase trick you into thinking we have all given up on our Vols. I will NEVER give up on UT. NEVER.

I don't know what's more lame...the idea that students might walk out of a bad game or the fact that old people are so butthurt about it. Why do people get worked about such meaningless things?

A lot of those kids really aren't bleed orange fans. they are just students. Fans are the one's that keep supporting and filling the stadium. I'm not sure Vandy has any real student fans tbh.

Let em walk. Probably just a rumor started by ten kids, ten (overly) partied kids.

It would be an ESPN Highlight, and many recruits will be watching. I remember when Bama was screaming for a new coach.....it was U G L Y down there. I don't see anyone who could come in and "take UT" to next level with this fan base. Its too venomous, love you one day, wanting to eat your baby the next. Why would any respectable coach want to come to Tennessee and live is such a FU Mess of a Fan Base. Jones brought UT out of the cellar and now look.......Its a what have you done for me lately and Millennials are hopelessly delusional about instant results and have no comprehension of what it takes to get from point A to B......they want to be at B without working for it. Nirvana sang it best........."Here we are now, entertain us", I personally don't see UT ever getting better than they are now regardless of coach. The school and student body do not have any inherent connection to the state or community. I don't see a UT Alum who could come in a bring UT to the next level. Bama has a higher intrinsic devotion to their school. Tennessee Fans are fair weather fans......and potential coaches see that everyday on this blog and TV. UT could NEVER get a coach of the Caliber of Saban or Myer.........NEVER.

Keep Butch, he'll figure it out one way or another.

Go Vols!!

I would prefer Tennessee keep it's stupid stuff at home. Going to a football game to protest your coach is beyond stupid. This isn't Berkley or Duke.

It would be an ESPN Highlight, and many recruits will be watching. I remember when Bama was screaming for a new coach.....it was U G L Y down there. I don't see anyone who could come in and "take UT" to next level with this fan base. Its too venomous, love you one day, wanting to eat your baby the next. Why would any respectable coach want to come to Tennessee and live is such a FU Mess of a Fan Base. Jones brought UT out of the cellar and now look.......Its a what have you done for me lately and Millennials are hopelessly delusional about instant results and have no comprehension of what it takes to get from point A to B......they want to be at B without working for it. Nirvana sang it best........."Here we are now, entertain us", I personally don't see UT ever getting better than they are now regardless of coach. The school and student body do not have any inherent connection to the state or community. I don't see a UT Alum who could come in a bring UT to the next level. Bama has a higher intrinsic devotion to their school. Tennessee Fans are fair weather fans......and potential coaches see that everyday on this blog and TV. UT could NEVER get a coach of the Caliber of Saban or Myer.........NEVER.

Go Vols!!
I think there are two alumni who could boost the UT football program to a higher level than it currently is. Peyton is not who I'm talking about. Both these fellows have great resumes.

Go Vols!!

Tennessee fans are fair weather fans? Are you kidding me?

It's a noon game against a team no one cares about. Would it send a message for everyone to show up after kickoff (won't happen) or all "go to the concession stand " at The same time?

Like others stated, the recruits might get the wrong message but the staff and admin would not change a thing.

That would be perceived as an attack on the players... and would be as STUPID as anything they could do.

From what I understand the ones that want Jones gone are planning on doing it. It would be a shame. It's one think for ppl to talk but to embarrass the School on National TV and the Players is not good. I am sure the players would be pissed off if it happened,

Who exactly would they embarrass? Themselves, IMO.

That said, don't have a problem with them voicing their opinion thru action, as long as it's nonviolent...

Just burn everything down and let various groups of whiny victims stand on the streets and cry about the injustice of....well....everything.

VN Store

Back