How good is the team Coach Caldwell will inherit?

There is one downside to this. It works best if your roster from 1-12 is like South Carolina, where you don't have a huge drop off as you move down the list. Otherwise, it reminds me of one year where UConn played a Mitchell-led UK squad who would press for 40 min, and Geno commented after the game that it was great, because UK just kept sending in weaker and weaker players. UConn of course broke the press with ease and throttled them on the scoreboard.
Yeah I agree with this, I did even notice in the Iowa game SC got down by 10 but there was no panic. Dawn would sub with no drop off and keeping the players fresher than Iowa. It methodically wore Iowa down, I mean Iowa came out on fire that 1st quarter but as I had said in an earlier post I'm not sure Dawn is a great Xs & Os coach but she knows and reads her players well and knows when to sub and they play very hard for her. Great combo having 9 players probably ranked in the top 100 national players giving their all 100% of time. You could even go undefeated 🤔
Also, I can't think of any team that matches their 1 thru 12 with one of them being 6'7" & able to hit a 10 foot shot

Last edited:
If she's doing a copy/paste of her Marshall recruiting plan, we might as well start looking for the next coach now. She should be recruiting transfers from a significantly higher talent pool. Maybe she's familiar with everyone in the portal, but her recruiting board should completely change.

call her and tell her.....she's probably not even thought of that

Here's the perfect opportunity if you are Tess Darby, Stripling, Strickland, Hollinshead, Puckett, Wynn and any other bench player to get in the best physical shape ever. Practice shooting 3s under fatigue, running suicides, lateral movements, and jumping. Work on mid range jumpers and dribble penetration to pull up mid range jumpers. One of the criticisms I have on Tess Darby is she's a 3 or nothing player. Develop into a well rounded player and you'll get played.

Success leaves clues. Kobe Bryant said he worked out an hour before 6 am on shooting. Get in the gym and practice. Put in the work now and over summer.

Yeah I agree with this, I did even notice in the Iowa game SC got down by 10 but there was no panic. Dawn would sub with no drop off and keeping the players fresher than Iowa. It methodically wore Iowa down, I mean Iowa came out on fire that 1st quarter but as I had said in an earlier post I'm not sure Dawn is a great Xs & Os coach but she knows and reads her players well and knows when to sub and they play very hard for her. Great combo having 9 players probably ranked in the top 100 national players giving their all 100% of time. You could even go undefeated 🤔
Also, I can't think of any team that matches their 1 thru 12 with one of them being 6'7" & able to hit a 10 foot shot

After 5 minutes Dawn puts in the young guns and they got after Iowa more so than the starters! After the first half Iowa was missing their shots at the first of the 3rd quarter…. They were already tired! South Carolina guarded and pushed them till their legs were gone … most coaches on this forum knows that if you take the legs away the shots will be short and or off ….. basic basketball!

South Carolina’s 9 players wore down the Iowa 5 players… JMO

Here's the perfect opportunity if you are Tess Darby, Stripling, Strickland, Hollinshead, Puckett, Wynn and any other bench player to get in the best physical shape ever. Practice shooting 3s under fatigue, running suicides, lateral movements, and jumping. Work on mid range jumpers and dribble penetration to pull up mid range jumpers. One of the criticisms I have on Tess Darby is she's a 3 or nothing player. Develop into a well rounded player and you'll get played.

Success leaves clues. Kobe Bryant said he worked out an hour before 6 am on shooting. Get in the gym and practice. Put in the work now and over summer.
Most of those players are probably in as good a shape as they can be and its like they run in mud.

They all have only ONE year left ! Finish college degree or a masters…. Where else would they go?
If the coach thinks they a rent good enough, she can tell them to transfer, u just don’t keep players because they have one year. You are trying to build a roster that gives you the best chance to win.

There is one downside to this. It works best if your roster from 1-12 is like South Carolina, where you don't have a huge drop off as you move down the list. Otherwise, it reminds me of one year where UConn played a Mitchell-led UK squad who would press for 40 min, and Geno commented after the game that it was great, because UK just kept sending in weaker and weaker players. UConn of course broke the press with ease and throttled them on the scoreboard.

It won't work against the great teams with good coaches.

Reactions: glv98 and vols90
I’ll also note that Jill’s girlfriend made a shady post around the time of the Arkansas game explicitly stating Jill wasn’t being given a chance. Assuming Jill shared that opinion, I think there was a higher likelihood she transferred out under Kellie. I still think we haven’t seen a coach get everything out of Jill that is possible.
Absolutely. She's big and mobile with a good midrange jumper. Her teammates call her big guard. She isn't suited to banging away in the paint with the Cordosas of the world, but I think she would be an excellent forward in a fun and press system.

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back