How good is the team Coach Caldwell will inherit?

I’ve never been a fan, I think she’s too small, she crouches down and turns her back when she dribbles,
That’s interesting, I guess you’re talking about Wells. It’s funny, but when I’ve seen our players lose the ball to a steal, I’ve often wished they weren’t facing the player that stole the ball.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
That’s interesting, I guess you’re talking about Wells. It’s funny, but when I’ve seen our players lose the ball to a steal, I’ve often wished they weren’t facing the player that stole the ball.
That just shows we need better players that can handle the ball, she’s already like 5’3 and she’s crouching and turning her back, how can u even see who to pass the ball or even make a move. i wouldnt mind her as a backup for a few mins to give our starter a rest, but we also need to find that starter in the portal.

Coming off an ACL tear and pressing all game doesn’t sound great on her knee
I heard an interview with the voice of Thundering herd & she plays fast but on a whistle she would sub 4 or 5. He said sometimes every 30 or 45 second. Then you look up in the last part of the game they go on big runs like 18 to 2 . He said she expects you to give your all for the minute you’re in the game and rapidly rotate. He said they finally just wear on teams. So don’t think many will be playing over 25 minutes a game.

I heard an interview with the voice of Thundering herd & she plays fast but on a whistle she would sub 4 or 5. He said sometimes every 30 or 45 second. Then you look up in the last part of the game they go on big runs like 18 to 2 . He said she expects you to give your all for the minute you’re in the game and rapidly rotate. He said they finally just wear on teams. So don’t think many will be playing over 25 minutes a game.

This post made me look up Marshall’s minutes distribution. A whopping ELEVEN active players averaged 10 minutes or more a game. Seems her starters average 25 minutes a game like you said and the bench plays a big role. I’m thinking she will tighten the bench slightly over time due to the jump in talent and may settle on a rotation of 9.

Wonder how Hollingshead will fare in this system? or will she transfer?

I bet she was scouting the portal hard at Marshall and has a line on potential transfers. Also she would know players from Sunbelt that could be a fit as transfers. If this is a quick rebuild I will be shocked but with a young, talented, aggressive coach you never know.

If she's doing a copy/paste of her Marshall recruiting plan, we might as well start looking for the next coach now. She should be recruiting transfers from a significantly higher talent pool. Maybe she's familiar with everyone in the portal, but her recruiting board should completely change.

This post made me look up Marshall’s minutes distribution. A whopping ELEVEN active players averaged 10 minutes or more a game. Seems her starters average 25 minutes a game like you said and the bench plays a big role. I’m thinking she will tighten the bench slightly over time due to the jump in talent and may settle on a rotation of 9.
There is one downside to this. It works best if your roster from 1-12 is like South Carolina, where you don't have a huge drop off as you move down the list. Otherwise, it reminds me of one year where UConn played a Mitchell-led UK squad who would press for 40 min, and Geno commented after the game that it was great, because UK just kept sending in weaker and weaker players. UConn of course broke the press with ease and throttled them on the scoreboard.

Jill is surprisingly quick and athletic for her height. I was impressed with some of her perimeter defense last season and thought it was underutilized given her length. She was a great rebounder her sophomore year as well. I think she could be one of the players who potentially benefits from fresh eyes and a new system.

I’ll also note that Jill’s girlfriend made a shady post around the time of the Arkansas game explicitly stating Jill wasn’t being given a chance. Assuming Jill shared that opinion, I think there was a higher likelihood she transferred out under Kellie. I still think we haven’t seen a coach get everything out of Jill that is possible.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back