Hyams on 104.5 Nashville Radio

No he wasn't. I was watching the Sports Source Sunday with him on there and he was clueless about the fact Butch Jones was about to be fired while he's on the show. It took a national guy like Bruce Feldman to break the story.

Jimmy Hyams only knows what he's told. And he's only told something when an agenda is being advanced. Obviously the people at UT wanna get the Gruden story back in the genie bottle considering it'll be 10 days before any coaching hire is officially announced.

So even if Gruden has already agreed to be the next head coach and signed a contract, he can't be announced until the Sunday after the Vandy game. So that means the need for an agent of misinformation. And that just happens to be the dimwitted Jimmy Hyams.

This whole "Gruden Thing" reminds me of a young boy who is attracted to a young girl. She is being polite to the boy because she does not want to give him a harsh rejection. So, she says things like " I love the song Rocky Top" " I have property in East Tennessee" "My wife is from Dandridge, Tennessee" "I always enjoy traveling to East Tennessee to visit my In-laws" "My son is currently a student at Tennessee' "Some of my best memories happened while I was at U.T."

This is showing the boy compliments. Then the girl tells him that she tells him hints that could NOT be misunderstood. She is absolutely NOT interested in him.

Then he asks. "Well, you gave me compliments, does that mean there is a chance?"

She says "YES, there is a chance" but she actually means that there is a 1% chance.

So, the boy holds on to hope, until he sees her married to someone else. Then he finally gets the hint.

That is the same scenario that we are going thru....

Does anyone have a family member or friend who has relationship issues? Everyone can see it EXCEPT him..
Everyone on the outside sees that Gruden is playing us but most of us can't see it.

Reactions: 5 people
This whole "Gruden Thing" reminds me of a young boy who is attracted to a young girl. She is being polite to the boy because she does not want to give him a harsh rejection. So, she says things like " I love the song Rocky Top" " I have property in East Tennessee" "My wife is from Dandridge, Tennessee" "I always enjoy traveling to East Tennessee to visit my In-laws" "My son is currently a student at Tennessee' "Some of my best memories happened while I was at U.T."

This is showing the boy compliments. Then the girl tells him that she tells him hints that could NOT be misunderstood. She is absolutely NOT interested in him.

Then he asks. "Well, you gave me compliments, does that mean there is a chance?"

She says "YES, there is a chance" but she actually means that there is a 1% chance.

So, the boy holds on to hope, until he sees her married to someone else. Then he finally gets the hint.

That is the same scenario that we are going thru....

Does anyone have a family member or friend who has relationship issues? Everyone can see it EXCEPT him..
Everyone on the outside sees that Gruden is playing us but most of us can't see it.

Not a bad analogy, however, we're not talking about middle school crushes here, we're talking about the future of our football program. The longer this drags out, the more damaging it will be if Gruden spurns us once again just so he can feed his ego. If this is how it goes down, I personally never want to hear the name Gruden ever again

Reactions: 2 people
Your logic makes no sense. Butch also beat Spurrier and Smart. Yet, I am pretty sure they are far superior coaches, especially, Spurrier.

Uh huh. I agree Butch is prolly not as good as fuente as a coach, but it happened, it taints my view of fuente coming here, plus he just doesn’t excite me as our coach.

1 mans opinion

Dooley beat Butch. We really should have learned from that

Dooley or Butch should have never been at this level, as coaches of the Vols. Sad that we as fans had to put up with that caliber of football. I hope they get it right this time. If not, it will be years of less than mediocrity.

Reactions: 1 person
The whole Dooley beat Butch; Butch beat Fuente, Spurrier, Kirby logic doesn't hold up unless we are talking about arm wrestling.

Jimmy is a cajun that dislikes anything Tennessee and knows Gruden is good for Tennessee and therefore dislikes the idea.

You guys are comical. Reporters only EVER know what they are told. There is nothing to suggest that Gruden is serious about the job, but you want to trash people who say that it is not happening--or that it hasn't happened.

VN Store

Back