I don't understand why we didn't throw the kitchen sink at Edey

I actually have no beef with the gameplan we drew up. Purdue is the best 3 point shooting team in the country and they made 3 the entire game.

If you told me that Edey was going to go for 35-45 points and they were going to hit 3 three pointers, I would have taken that every damn day. Especially if you offered Knecht getting 37 points as well.

The big problem that we suffered is ZZ played his worst game of the season. I really believe in my heart that if he shot just 50%, we would have won that game. JJJ getting only 4 shots was an issue too. Knecht just ran out of gas.
I don’t understand why ZZ didn’t give JJJ any touches on the second half. JJJ had one shot in the second half - around the five min mark.

But he had a nice first half and may have hit some mid range jump shots or threes down the stretch if given an opportunity.

Reactions: Sportslady
The only issue I saw with Barnes defense against Edey is they let him put the ball on the floor and nobody stole it from him. That should never happen. Backside defender should have broke immediately to steal the ball once the first dribble hit the floor.

Reactions: volfeeva
I'm not sure we could have climbed over the big oaf anymore than we did, but I like what Bama did to try and stop that simple pass to him and he turns around and dunks---they put a guy in front of him or collapsed on him as soon as he got the pass. But this left someone open and they hit more than they missed. It's going to be fun seeing how UCONN handles him

VN Store

Back