I just might have to purchase a gaming system...

I played the 2008 thru 2012 versions. I started breaking NCAA scoring records on 2012 after mastering the onside kick-recovery lol.

Hope it plays better than madden. It's using the frostbite engine same as Madden has for years. That being said I might have to finally buy a new console lol

Is this going to be for PS5 and newer systems only? I currently have ps4 but haven’t had any need or desire to upgrade until now

EA is making the game. Save your money. Trust me.
I played the old 98 EA NCAA Football game. It was Peyton and the 97 team and the VOLS begin the year #1.
You could pass all over the place but rushing was impossible.
The 99 game had the 98 VOLS and every UT roster that won a Natty as options for exhibition games.

I was single and enjoyed the games a lot for a while.
I bought the last EA game for my son when he was 7 (it was a collector's item and quite expensive). It helped him learn about the stadiums around the nation and their traditions and fight songs. The game helped him learn Down the Field as well as Rocky Top and all the traditional chants like "It's great to be a TN VOL". The gameplay taught him the dynamics of both home field advantage and why it is tough for teams on the road when the crowd noise escalates and the screen is chaotically rippling to represent the confusion and lack of communication on snaps. Sometimes it even caused receivers to run the wrong routes and some players were running the wrong play.

That game really helped him become a real UT VOLS fan.

Is this going to be for PS5 and newer systems only? I currently have ps4 but haven’t had any need or desire to upgrade until now
Yes just on current gen consoles and not on pc either. I mean this is the first college football game in 11 years. They could have made the first one for last gen consoles too. But nope

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
2k sports had the far superior NFL game until EA smarted up and bought out the rights. 2k college hoops was also incredible. RIP to both

If my memory is right, 2k had more of an arcade feel that I didn’t like. But I did love 989 sports’ NFL Gameday

Reactions: Falcons02
They should make it with a special character. Each team has their own mascot play for them. I wouldnt mind seeing Smokey mauling a RB or the rifleman, from about 85yds away, sniping a punt returner that's broken free. . .

Yes just on current gen consoles and not on pc either. I mean this is the first college football game in 11 years. They could have made the first one for last gen consoles too. But nope
You guys are wild for still being on last gen consoles. It's been over 3 years. No excuses at this point not to be upgrading. For the ppl that have spent money on these current consoles like myself are ready to see that purchase finally be worth it.

EA is making the game. Save your money. Trust me.
I agree with your sentiment regarding EA's output in quality. But NO FREAKING WAY am I not buying this!! It's the first licensed college football game in 11 years! Even if at worst it's just a re-skinned Madden game, I don't care! At this point I'll take that! 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Last edited:
You guys are wild for still being on last gen consoles. It's been over 3 years. No excuses at this point not to be upgrading. For the ppl that have spent money on these current consoles like myself are ready to see that purchase finally be worth it.
I’m so excited this is why I bought my PS 5 3years ago!

VN Store

Back