I know some of you won't like this

This will be a good way to gauge our offense through the year

Hopefully, we will see those numbers improve by the end of the season
Bill Parcels, a guy that knows a thing or two about football, once mentioned something about "your numbers are who you really are." Hard to argue with data.

Reactions: 5 people
Too many personnel problems to focus heavily on coaching problems.

I agree. Next year will be more magnification on the staff. They'll have most of the pieces in place to compete for the east. The East is trash right now compared to the West..

Reactions: 1 person
Only way I can figure is it was because of our bye week. Last week, we were ahead of Vandy

Ok. Vandy has about 12 total yards for the season. We haven't been really good, but we haven't been really bad either.

Last edited:
Bill Parcels, a guy that knows a thing or two about football, once mentioned something about "your numbers are who you really are." Hard to argue with data.

he was a 57% winning coach. That means average if you look at the number. So is he average?

I agree. Next year will be more magnification on the staff. They'll have most of the pieces in place to compete for the east. The East is trash right now compared to the West..

Yep. Heat gets turned up next year. Could be pretty warm if we miss out on a bowl this season.

But I thought I would put this out there

You all wonder why some of us are down on Bajakian and the offense. I am aware that our Oline is young, but I was looking at the SEC team offense and prior to this past game, we were dead last(#14) in the SEC in total offense and #13 in scoring

We are 110th in total offense in the nation. 89th in passing. 105th in rushing

I'm just not feeling this offense

I will update this when the new stats come out Monday

These guys simply aren't in the same class offensively of a guy like Sumlin.

He has managed to cobble together an offense with a new WR corp and QB and a reshuffled O line this year and put together a top 10 offense every year he has been a head coach except 2010 when he lost his top 2 QB's.

They slipped all the way to 23rd that season.

I have said it since the first press conference, best staff in the country my ass.

It will take elite talent to make this offense elite.

Reactions: 2 people
I will agree that we are inconsistent at times, but we scored 32 points today. That is a good number in an SEC game.
Now, I do think the OC needs to make some schematic adjustments to help out the O line. Going empty a lot is only compounding that problem.

You all wonder why some of us are down on Bajakian and the offense. I am aware that our Oline is young, but I was looking at the SEC team offense and prior to this past game, we were dead last(#14) in the SEC in total offense and #13 in scoring

That's not surprising since we have no offensive line.

Most rushing yards in a game by a freshman and all of that against a defense that came in to the game ranked in the top 25 but our offense sucks.

I don't think their D is as good as their stats. They just played a terrible Troy team. South Carolina was the best O they faced up until today

I don't think their D is as good as their stats. They just played a terrible Troy team. South Carolina was the best O they faced up until today

I agree and after today I no longer think they are the best team in the east. As bad as our o-line is we were one break away from beating them today.

Count, I agree with you in some respects. This style of offense requires the QB to run 8-10 times a game. this is the part of the offense that is supposed to "freeze" the defense and force them to see who has the ball. With this part off the offense not being executed it makes the offense more predictable and less potent. That said, the offensive line has severe problems that will probably have to be recruited over in order to fix them.
I think that right now we would struggle with any type of offense. Like you, I don't really care for this style of offense and prefer a pro style offense. You can "play fast" with any style. i think our players fit a true spread or pro style and not really a read option.

VN Store

Back