I know some of you won't like this

Meaningless stat at this point. Arkansas State and Utah State are both above us and we easily beat them. Notre Dame is 99 and ranked 8th.

Reactions: 2 people
Good post, OP. Ridiculous responses for the most part.

Jake is not yet an SEC level OC. He limits the offense with some of his run scheme and much of his play calling. I see no good team asking a TE to pull inside and make a kick out block on the opposite side of the line on those delayed counter plays. But Jake does. I see opponents play two deep zone with the safeties at the hashmarks and we saw our second deep post pattern called all year go for a TD to Pig as he split the zone. I have seen a couple of slant passes - which are quick out of the QB's hand and tough to defend - all season. The TE is wide open short, intermediate and deep. They need to throw to them more than a handful of times, if at all in some games. The wheel route has been called twice this season, overthrown to open receivers both times, and never called again. They use no digs or crossing routes in the short to intermediate routes with the WRs. Run plays to the left on straight hand offs to Hurd work well because of the experience of Jackson and Kerbyson - but Jake calls more of those plays up the middle or right to the freshmen side. I could go on, but will stop there.

He called a good first quarter, lousy second and third quarter, and a good fourth quarter with the exception of that stupid run in the end zone. That's how it has gone with him for 16 games. I think we have a pattern, and all of the competition knows it. In the third quarter the D stopped UGA like 4 times in a row on their end of the field. We got nothing on offense to show for it. That has to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Holy dung!
We are awesome !,,,,
Considering
Think think think! We ain't about to sink we sailing the storm to glory land

Reactions: 1 person
But I thought I would put this out there

You all wonder why some of us are down on Bajakian and the offense. I am aware that our Oline is young, but I was looking at the SEC team offense and prior to this past game, we were dead last(#14) in the SEC in total offense and #13 in scoring

We are 110th in total offense in the nation. 89th in passing. 105th in rushing

I'm just not feeling this offense

I will update this when the new stats come out Monday

Are you one of the those that wanted to run off the defensive coordinator last year?

But I thought I would put this out there

You all wonder why some of us are down on Bajakian and the offense. I am aware that our Oline is young, but I was looking at the SEC team offense and prior to this past game, we were dead last(#14) in the SEC in total offense and #13 in scoring

We are 110th in total offense in the nation. 89th in passing. 105th in rushing

I'm just not feeling this offense

I will update this when the new stats come out Monday

Honestly, today felt like the youth on our team was finally starting to hit its stride. Losing hurt, but thinking about how young these guys are and how close they came to pulling the upset.... I may have boomed a little bit. I've said for awhile I'd have to see good things on the field before I could really buy into Butch. After today, I think I'm hooked. It's been several years since I've been this stoked. I believe again, and damn, it feels good.

Meaningless stat at this point. Arkansas State and Utah State are both above us and we easily beat them. Notre Dame is 99 and ranked 8th.

I agree that stats are meaningless at this point in the season. Some teams have played tougher games at this point while some have played weaker schedules.

Kentucky is a good example if we had played their schedule we are at the worst 3-1 and probably 4-0 and if they had played ours they are at best 2-2 and probably 1-3.

Holy dung!
We are awesome !,,,,
Considering
Think think think! We ain't about to sink we sailing the storm to glory land

tumblr_m9p83ggeSz1r988i9.gif

Spurrier's offense scored 38 on Georgia at home.

Our offense scored 32 on Georgia on the road with a wholly inadequate backup QB at the helm for a few series.

I'm not saying you're overreacting here, but you're overreacting here.

Reactions: 7 people
Most rushing yards in a game by a freshman and all of that against a defense that came in to the game ranked in the top 25 but our offense sucks.

Jamal averaged 124 yards per game his freshman year. I think Hurd just had the most yards as a freshman in a game since Jamal. Jamal had over 1300 yards in eleven games.

I agree with the OP. But I think play calling had a little to do with our loss today. We started out great, and it seemed like we totally changed our play calling and took our foot off the gas pedal. Coach Jake started calling running plays on first and second downs, and got us into 3rd and long situations. The short passes on first and second downs were working and they just stopped. They could've put the game away in the first half if they had stuck with what was working imo.

Jamal averaged 124 yards per game his freshman year. I think Hurd just had the most yards as a freshman in a game since Jamal. Jamal had over 1300 yards in eleven games.

Yes you are correct it was the most rushing yards in a game by a freshman since Jamal Lewis.

Pretty good O-line that year. Also, we had a QB that should have got the Heismann. Hurd would have been unstoppable on that team.

Spurrier's offense scored 38 on Georgia at home.

Our offense scored 32 on Georgia on the road with a wholly inadequate backup QB at the helm for a few series.

I'm not saying you're overreacting here, but you're overreacting here.

We have better players than USCe...but,
Spurrier's staff doesn't call running plays when they're 3rd and long. Spuurier's staff game plans around there talent.
USCe would have put 50 on the brd with our talent....in Athens.

I agree with the OP. But I think play calling had a little to do with our loss today. We started out great, and it seemed like we totally changed our play calling and took our foot off the gas pedal. Coach Jake started calling running plays on first and second downs, and got us into 3rd and long situations. The short passes on first and second downs were working and they just stopped. They could've put the game away in the first half if they had stuck with what was working imo.

No, not at all. The problem was an inept backup QB. OC had one bad call the run on our on goal line. Other than that, it was a very well called game. Worley threw the ball well and Hurd ran well. The loss sucked for sure, but it was a great game. People need to stop jumping off the bandwagon so easily.

We score 32 on the 12th ranked team in the country, at their place, with two true freshman on the oline , a freshman at TE, a freshman at tailback, pass for 3 tds and almost 300 yds, rush for over 150 yds, and our idiot fans are complaining about our offense. Sounds bout right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Defense is so much improved over last year. Marquez North needs to be moved around and get 10 touches a game. He is being under utilized same goes for Pig. Everytime Pig touches the ball something big happens

We have better players than USCe...but,
Spurrier's staff doesn't call running plays when they're 3rd and long. Spuurier's staff game plans around there talent.
USCe would have put 50 on the brd with our talent....in Athens.

Are you watching USCe and Mizzoo right now?

We score 32 on the 12th ranked team in the country, at their place, with two true freshman on the oline , a freshman at TE, a freshman at tailback, and our idiot fans are complaining about our offense. Sounds bout right.

To be honest, that same SC team is only winning 13 -7 against Missouri at home. The same Missouri team that lost to Indiana

I think the Georgia D is bad

VN Store

Back