I saw where Tyler Baron is officially back in the portal

Could've been a local legend in his hometown but he gave that up... for what?
He wanted to be weak side DE and Pearce has that locked down. Strong side has to deal with more blockers and don't get as many stats, which equals less money in NFL. Idk if Louisville coaches made position promises they aren't keeping or are light on funds they promised, but I bet his first call is to Kiffin.

Reactions: Gandalf
ONLY, if Josh is OK with it. Otherwise, I'd oppose it because his actions indicate he doesn't really want to be here.
I wouldn’t want him back regardless and would even question Heupels decision(which would be the first time since he’s been here) if he let him back on the squad.

Wonder what the story is? The whole Tennessee to Ole Miss, to Louisville, to back in the portal for Baron and Walker is wild.

Also from Matt Zenitz... "Not a done deal or anything like that at this point but a return to Ole Miss is expected to be among the considerations for Tyler Baron, sources tell @247Sports."

I think a lot of kids are getting bad advice (or no advice).

I wouldn’t want him back regardless and would even question Heupels decision(which would be the first time since he’s been here) if he let him back on the squad.
I don't wholly disagree, but JH is the coach, so....

Reactions: mackievol
Baron has to be getting some awful advice from people around him or something. Literally stay here and play one more year and you’re an NFL player big dawg.

He wanted to be weak side DE and Pearce has that locked down. Strong side has to deal with more blockers and don't get as many stats, which equals less money in NFL. Idk if Louisville coaches made position promises they aren't keeping or are light on funds they promised, but I bet his first call is to Kiffin.
Probably so, and best of luck to him. Personally, I think Tyre West will have a better season this upcoming season than any that Baron had in Knoxville. Tyre will thrive this year on this D line....

This is worse than the NFL stupidity. College football is now a pro sport and no longer interesting.
If you survived all of our crappy years only to let this ruin UT football for you, then I don’t know what to say. I’m loving it, I honestly didn’t know if UT would get this good again in my lifetime

I may be in the minority but I’d welcome him back if Big Josh thinks it’s a good idea
All depends on the impact to team chemistry and our numbers…we do have some depth at that spot but he was the starter…I’ll let the coaches work it out….im good either way it goes. But if I remember correctly Tennessee fired his dad so he may not even be looking to come back.

Probably nothing more than an issue with the NIL that was promised. Follow the money trail or lack thereof.

I remember this quote from Jeff Brohm: "We love the addition of Tyler. Anytime you get a big, tall, athletic edge rusher that has played a lot of football, it's a big piece. I think he wants to go somewhere and basically play that position and try to play that position solely if he can. I think he was moved around a little bit."

After going through spring practice, he either didn't feel like he would be able to showcase his NFL talents at Louisville, or as others have mentioned, maybe there was an issue with NIL not coming through as promised.
To add baron, got hurt in spring practice missed most of it and wont be aviable until fall. Not sure if that played into as well

I remember this quote from Jeff Brohm: "We love the addition of Tyler. Anytime you get a big, tall, athletic edge rusher that has played a lot of football, it's a big piece. I think he wants to go somewhere and basically play that position and try to play that position solely if he can. I think he was moved around a little bit."

After going through spring practice, he either didn't feel like he would be able to showcase his NFL talents at Louisville, or as others have mentioned, maybe there was an issue with NIL not coming through as promised.
I guess I didn't follow too closely when he left but this makes it sound like he wants to be used less as a three-technique.

Good luck with that I guess. Zero part of me believes Tyler Baron has an NFL future as an edge guy. He should know that considering he spent two years playing with a future top 10 pick EDGE player lol.

I empathize with your discontent. I quit following portal news, it's like trying to keep up with an insane hummingbird.

So you're commenting on another comment about how you're too cool for this very clearly labeled topic? If you aren't interested in topics involving Tyler Baron and the portal, maybe don't click into a thread that lists both in the title. I wish I had as much free time as you...

Wonder what the story is? The whole Tennessee to Ole Miss, to Louisville, to back in the portal for Baron and Walker is wild.

Also from Matt Zenitz... "Not a done deal or anything like that at this point but a return to Ole Miss is expected to be among the considerations for Tyler Baron, sources tell @247Sports."

VN Store

Back