I saw where Tyler Baron is officially back in the portal

If only he knew how to keep his head down and work harder, get better, and even just repeat the success he had last season, his money woes could be solved in about 12 more months.

The sense of entitlement is appalling.

Reactions: kcvols1 and WOKI
I have a Louisville friend that said the coach packed his bag along with two others and left their stuff outside after they were spreading rumors about checks bouncing. Lol
When you use a third party to facilitate things you don’t know where the money is going to sometimes. Whole thing is bordering on violation it sounds like from the rumors leaking out right now.

If only he knew how to keep his head down and work harder, get better, and even just repeat the success he had last season, his money woes could be solved in about 12 more months.

Now, now, now, judge, jury, and executor, much as I share your thoughts in general, we don't know what's going on with the guy. We can only hope he gets his ailerons adjusted, and rudder straighten before he crashes and burns.

Now, now, now, judge, jury, and executor, much as I share your thoughts in general, we don't know what's going on with the guy. We can only hope he gets his ailerons adjusted, and rudder straighten before he crashes and burns.
I sincerely hope he figures it out fast because he has so much potential to be a really good player and could potentially make generational money in the league.

BUT Multiple people that have insider information have stated its been about money since the day he entered the TP. How many times has he done that now? IINM, the first time was 2 years ago?!?!? Then again 1 year ago!?!?! Now 2 times again this year?!?!

My statement is not a judgement, just an observation based on his past actions and people who know the situation. Im not sentencing him to anything. He’s the one who is responsible for his own fate.

My point is that He could have easily been drafted from UT with a similar season here. He wanted more money and now he’s not even sure how he’s gonna get it. That is uninformed consequences that have now backfired in his face. Maybe if he was patient and willing to work harder where he was, he would be primed for success rather than scrambling for a new home.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I know folks on here have had positive interactions with Tyler Baron...

but something about his demeanor has always rubbed me the wrong way

I sincerely hope he figures it out fast because he has so much potential to be a really good player and could potentially make generational money in the league.

BUT Multiple people that have insider information have stated its been about money since the day he entered the TP. How many times has he done that now? IINM, the first time was 2 years ago?!?!? Then again 1 year ago!?!?! Now 2 times again this year?!?!

My statement is not a judgement, just an observation based on his past actions and people who know the situation. Im not sentencing him to anything. He’s the one who is responsible for his own fate.

My point is that He could have easily been drafted from UT with a similar season here. He wanted more money and now he’s not even sure how he’s gonna get it. That is uninformed consequences that have now backfired in his face. Maybe if he was patient and willing to work harder where he was, he would be primed for success rather than scrambling for a new home.
Yeah, and I have a tendency to play around with words, and sometimes for some folks, I just ain't funny. It's a case of what the old time Shakey's Pizza slogan used to say.

Reactions: VOLfrombama

I've never met him but I do think he was a big part of the culture turnaround that we had here big time in Heupel's first year.

Unfortunately I think he's not quite seeing the forest for the trees through NIL money and possibly a position change for the NFL. As a Knoxville native and a big part of that turnaround I think he would have been a highly VFL if he played it out here.

Some guys are more about business than others. I don’t think Baron ever really was a negative influence or anything outside of just wanting to get paid. He has tried to leave a few too many times though.

Not sure if it’s entitlement or desperation, but I’d lay a wager his NIL offer wasn’t $0 from VC.

Plus if he balls out, there’s your opportunity to renegotiate.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Not sure if it’s entitlement or desperation, but I’d lay a wager his NIL offer wasn’t $0 from VC.

Plus if he balls out, there’s your opportunity to renegotiate.
I have no clue what his deal was with Spyre/VC, but id be willing to bet it wasn’t terrible. All he really had to do was match his production one more season and he would easily get drafted and probably make 7 figures a year for 3 years, minimum.

That’s the part I don’t understand and why I said keep your dadgum head down and work and its all there for the taking rather than ruining your image over A few thousand bucks in college

ive heard this version: “the grass is greener on the other side of the fence because it’s typically fertilized with bull sh!t.”
Mine was an adaptation to the famous book from the mid-70s by the late, great Erma Bombeck...which I've used throughout my career of managing people...

GUEST_ed13f09f-a05c-4888-8c51-79eb9bbfcf28

Reactions: Jake

VN Store

Back