If the season started today....

Qb: jarret guarantano (rs junior returning starter)
Rb: ty Chandler ( junior returning starter)
TE: Dominick woods AndersOn (senior returning starter)
WR: mark calloway (senior returning starter)
Wr: jauan Jennings(rs senior returning starter)
Wr: joshua palmer(junior returning starter)
LT: Wayna Morris (true fresh)
LG: Jahmir Johnson (rs junior returning starter)
C: Brandon Kennedy (rs senior started one game before injury last year)
RG: Jerome carvin (sophomore returning starter)
RT: Marcus tatum (rs junior returning starter, probably wont finish as a starter even sans injury.)

Most of our returning OL have started games at some point due to injury so dont read that all those returning starters as good things. WR is deep AF but old. RB is deep as well. TE is thin, QB is thin.

Not sure how we will start our 3-4 linemen but guessing something like

NT: savion William's (juco junior in first year)
DT: emmitt Gooden (senior)
DE: John mincey(sophomore, I really dont know who our third guy is, you will probably see Aubrey Solomon name get thrown out there but he hasnt been cleared as of yet)
LB/rusher: Darrel Taylor ( senior returning starter)
MLB: Daniel bituli (senior returning starter)
MLB: Ignot or Reid (juniors cant remember which plays out vs in)
OLB: ignot or reid that isnt MLB
CB: Bryce Thompson (sophomore returning starter)
CB: Alontae Taylor ( sophomore returning starter)
S: Nigel Warrior (senior, returning starter)
S: theo Jackson(junior)
NB: shawn shamburger (junior)

We are deep at LB and DBs, so those names may not all finish as they get pushed. DL is a huge question mark. Biggest on this team. Outside of Gooden no one has shown anything. And we are fairly thin there.

I think you see a few more freshman starting towards the end of the year, particularly at OL and LB.

JMO

More returning experience than I realized for Tennessee. They may surprise some people.

Looks good, two possible exceptions: they like Jean Delance a lot at RT and he may be the starter over Gouraige. Also Adam Shuler will probably start at DT instead of Conliffe. Shuler was a stud last year.

Slaton will get a lot of snaps too.

A lot of defensive guys depend on down and distance

Reactions: Jaws
Thanks! Any info on these guys? Year? Size?

Here’s a little more info to add to 99’s list:

Offense
QB-Feleipe Franks 6’6” 240 (redshirt junior) will be his 3rd year starting at QB
RB-Lamical Perine 5’11” 227 (senior) 4-year starter
WR-Van Jefferson 6’2” 197 (rs senior) returning starter led the team in receptions last year
WR-Josh Hammond 6’0” 194 (senior) numerous career starts
WR-Trevon Grimes 6’5” 210 (junior) - phenomenal upside for this WR
TE-Kyle Pitts 6’6” 246/Kenmore Gamble 6’3” 246 (soph/rs soph) both played sparingly last year, Pitts also plays WR and has tremendous upside
LT-Stone Forsythe 6’7 323 (junior) a couple career starts and spot-duty playing behind 1st round NFL pick Juwan Taylor and 4-year starter Martez Ivey
LG-Brett Heggie 6’4” 314 (experienced player, several starts in 2017, extensive playing time in 2018 but played with nagging injuries (rs junior)
C-Nick Buchanan 6’3” 300 (rs senior and returning starter)
RG-Noah Banks 6’5” 309/Chris Bleich 6’6” 321(rs senior/rs fresh) spot-duty for both of these players, Bleich seen as having most upside
RT-Richard Gouraige 6’4” 303/Jean Delance 6’4” 313 - (rs Freshman/rs Junior) Delance transferred from Texas last year and moved ahead over the spring in this position battle

Defense
DE-Jabari Zuniga 6’4” 260 (rs senior) returning sack leader, 4-year starter, preseason All-SEC and All American candidate).
DT-Kyrie Campbell 6’3” 304 junior returning starter
DT-Elijah Conliffe 6’4” 317 (junior)/Adam Shuler 6’4” 280 graduate transfer returning starter
DE-Jonathan Greenard 6’4” 265 graduate - (16 tackles for loss and 7 sacks in his last season played at Louisville)
LB-James Houston/Amari Burney - 6’1”
233 rs soph/6’2” 225 sophomore - significant playing time last year for both of these players. Burney was a safety/nickel last year moved to LB this year and is seen as a future superstar. Runs a 4.5 forty at 225lbs.
MLB- David Reese 6’0” 248 senior (4 year starter at MLB)
LB-Ventrell Miller 6’0” 230 rs sophomore significant playing time last year
CB-CJ Henderson 6’1” 191 (all-everything, sub 4.4 forty and future top 10 nfl pick)
CB-Marco Wilson 6’0” 190 (on par with CJ Henderson before suffering an acl injury in game 2 last year v Kentucky)
S-Brad Stewart 6’1” 200 junior returning starter
S-Jaewon Taylor 6’1” 210 senior returning starter
CB (nickel)- Trey Dean 6’3” 194 sophomore, started every game at CB last year after Marco injury

Last edited:
Slaton will get a lot of snaps too.

A lot of defensive guys depend on down and distance

Yes, agree. Also of note is the amount of talent UF has that aren’t listed as “starters.” Kedarius Toney, Malik Davis, Freddie Swain, Tyrie Cleveland, Slaton, Zach Carter, Damien Pierce, Lucas Krull to name a few...

Last edited:
I'm glad I got on GatorNation tonight. Lol Jk I'm actually glad your outlining your rooster for us.

And Jaws you're right Florida is loaded at WR

I'm glad I got on GatorNation tonight. Lol Jk I'm actually glad your outlining your rooster for us.

And Jaws you're right Florida is loaded at WR

Lots of dudes returning for UT with a bunch of playing time. UT will be improved.

Natural progression of year two in Mullen’s offense should mean significant improvement. That’s been the history with Mullen and his QB’s. And if he improves significantly over what turned out to be a very good year last year for Franks, watch out. Even though Franks’ stats last year overall were good, he was inconsistent at times. Really bad games versus Georgia and Missouri, several average games, and then very good games versus FSU, Michigan and South Carolina.

Franks ended last season with 31 TD’s (24 passing and 7 rushing). If he pushes that number to about 40 this year, Florida will be playing for big things.
Frank’s definitely looked improved last year. I was honestly surprised at some of the strides he took. That said you’re right he was awful in that Georgia game and most of it seemed to be his decision making under pressure. It’ll be interesting to see what he’ll be able to do if Tennessee can get consistent pressure on franks because you know Pruitt will have the secondary ready

More returning experience than I realized for Tennessee. They may surprise some people.

We eerily resemble Butch’s second year. Very suspect on the lines, loaded in the skill positions.

The problem is the East is significantly better this year than back in 2014.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I’m curious how you think franks will do?

I think he’ll be fine. If the o-line performs as well as last year it should be a very good offense.

This is the most talent Florida has had at the skill positions since Urban.

They’ve got 6-7 WR who can play. They’ve got 3-4 running backs who can play. They have tight ends who can both be receivers and block, something they haven’t had in a while....at least not multiple guys.

And none of those guys I am thinking of off the top of my head are freshman. Really deep at the skill positions.

They have pretty good depth at d-line. Depth other places is shaky. DBs are really good. Injuries there or on the o-line would be a problem

Reactions: MikeVol44 and Jaws
I think he’ll be fine. If the o-line performs as well as last year it should be a very good offense.

They’ve got 6-7 WR who can play. They’ve got 3-4 running backs who can play. They have tight ends who can both be receivers and block, something they haven’t had in a while....at least not multiple guys.

And none of those guys I am thinking of off the top of my head are freshman. Really deep at the skill positions.

They have pretty good depth at d-line. Depth other places is shaky. DBs are really good. Injuries there or on the o-line would be a problem

You all finished down the stretch pretty strong. Still have the Mizzou "Crux", but other than them, Florida has to like their chances.

Dark Horse playoff team???

Reactions: MikeVol44
Like I said a lot of the experience is due to injury rather than guys getting pushed.

I know the experience is part of why the various rankings, S&P type things, are fairly high on us.

I still think 7-5 is reasonable for what this team is going to do. And before someone gets pissy that's not what I want to happen or where TN should be or yadda yadda.

If we catch someone sleeping we will scare them this year. Hopefully Florida.....

Like I said a lot of the experience is due to injury rather than guys getting pushed.

I know the experience is part of why the various rankings, S&P type things, are fairly high on us.

I still think 7-5 is reasonable for what this team is going to do. And before someone gets pissy that's not what I want to happen or where TN should be or yadda yadda.

If we catch someone sleeping we will scare them this year. Hopefully Florida.....

I think 7-5 is reasonable too. Similar to last year with Auburn and Kentucky (sorta), UT may win a couple they weren’t supposed to. But the trouble is, they may also lose a couple they shouldn’t (Vandy).

If UT can hold at 7-5 this year and return most of that team next year, you gotta think next year will be a critical “prove it” year for the program.

I think 7-5 is reasonable too. Similar to last year with Auburn and Kentucky (sorta), UT may win a couple they weren’t supposed to. But the trouble is, they may also lose a couple they shouldn’t (Vandy).

If UT can hold at 7-5 this year and return most of that team next year, you gotta think next year will be a critical “prove it” year for the program.
Oh yeah. I am of the opinion that we may have one "oops" along the way. But it wont be a beatdown from the likes of Vandy. They may pull the upset but it will be a game, at least, this year.

Every year holds some big questions but hopefully we get the lines figured out this season with some growing pains, and next year they roll.

Oh yeah. I am of the opinion that we may have one "oops" along the way. But it wont be a beatdown from the likes of Vandy. They may pull the upset but it will be a game, at least, this year.

Every year holds some big questions but hopefully we get the lines figured out this season with some growing pains, and next year they roll.

Agree. This year is a almost get to 7-5, next year should be a chance to really raise some eyebrows in the SEC.

Here’s a little more info to add to 99’s list:

Offense
QB-Feleipe Franks 6’6” 240 (redshirt junior) will be his 3rd year starting at QB
RB-Lamical Perine 5’11” 227 (senior) 4-year starter
WR-Van Jefferson 6’2” 197 (rs senior) returning starter led the team in receptions last year
WR-Josh Hammond 6’0” 194 (senior) numerous career starts
WR-Trevon Grimes 6’5” 210 (junior) - phenomenal upside for this WR
TE-Kyle Pitts 6’6” 246/Kenmore Gamble 6’3” 246 (soph/rs soph) both played sparingly last year, Pitts also plays WR and has tremendous upside
LT-Stone Forsythe 6’7 323 (junior) a couple career starts and spot-duty playing behind 1st round NFL pick Juwan Taylor and 4-year starter Martez Ivey
LG-Brett Heggie 6’4” 314 (experienced player, several starts in 2017, extensive playing time in 2018 but played with nagging injuries (rs junior)
C-Nick Buchanan 6’3” 300 (rs senior and returning starter)
RG-Noah Banks 6’5” 309/Chris Bleich 6’6” 321(rs senior/rs fresh) spot-duty for both of these players, Bleich seen as having most upside
RT-Richard Gouraige 6’4” 303/Jean Delance 6’4” 313 - (rs Freshman/rs Junior) Delance transferred from Texas last year and moved ahead over the spring in this position battle

Defense
DE-Jabari Zuniga 6’4” 260 (rs senior) returning sack leader, 4-year starter, preseason All-SEC and All American candidate).
DT-Kyrie Campbell 6’3” 304 junior returning starter
DT-Elijah Conliffe 6’4” 317 (junior)/Adam Shuler 6’4” 280 graduate transfer returning starter
DE-Jonathan Greenard 6’4” 265 graduate - (16 tackles for loss and 7 sacks in his last season played at Louisville)
LB-James Houston/Amari Burney - 6’1”
233 rs soph/6’2” 225 sophomore - significant playing time last year for both of these players. Burney was a safety/nickel last year moved to LB this year and is seen as a future superstar. Runs a 4.5 forty at 225lbs.
MLB- David Reese 6’0” 248 senior (4 year starter at MLB)
LB-Ventrell Miller 6’0” 230 rs sophomore significant playing time last year
CB-CJ Henderson 6’1” 191 (all-everything, sub 4.4 forty and future top 10 nfl pick)
CB-Marco Wilson 6’0” 190 (on par with CJ Henderson before suffering an acl injury in game 2 last year v Kentucky)
S-Brad Stewart 6’1” 200 junior returning starter
S-Jaewon Taylor 6’1” 210 senior returning starter
CB (nickel)- Trey Dean 6’3” 194 sophomore, started every game at CB last year after Marco injury
Good stuff thank you. Do you think Franks goes pro after this year or plays all 4?

If he plays as good or better than last year, definitely. Remember he has a redshirt year, so if he does well, he gone.
If these kids grade out for the first 2 rounds they need to go. It’s just too much money to risk.

Offense
QB-Feleipe Franks
RB-Lamical Perine
WR-Van Jefferson
WR-Josh Hammond
WR-Trevon Grimes
TE-Kyle Pitts/Kenmore Gamble
LT-Stone Forsythe
LG-Brett Heggie
C-Nick Buchanan
RG-Noah Banks/Chris Bleich
RT-Richard Gouraige

Defense
DE-Jabari Zuniga
DT-Kyrie Campbell
DT-Elijah Conliffe
DE-Jonathan Greenard
LB-James Houston/Amari Burney
MLB- David Reese
LB-Ventrell Miller
CB-CJ Henderson
CB-Marco Wilson
S-Brad Stewart
S-Jaewon Taylor
CB (nickel)- Trey Dean

Thank you, sir.

Now would you share with us their x-rays of any past broken bones....etc...etc...etc.... and other bodily weak spots???

Especially of the walkin' Boss on that team!

When are your DBs NOT good??????

Reactions: LittleVol
If he plays as good or better than last year, definitely. Remember he has a redshirt year, so if he does well, he gone.

Honestly, I hope he and Fromm go and leave the door open for JG. People keep saying JG & Eason could go early this year, and I have been saying it would make sense for them both to wait and dominate their respective conferences. Bryant, Bentley, Tag, Fromm & Franks could all be gone by 2020.

When are your DBs NOT good??????
Jauan-Jennings-e1496177635222.jpg

Good stuff thank you. Do you think Franks goes pro after this year or plays all 4?

If Franks goes pro, he must have had one hell of a season.

Even if he plays well, I am not sure how enthusiastic the pros would be about the offense he plays in and how that translates to the NFL level.

Dak would obviously be the guy he might try to compare himself to in terms of playing in that offense and being successful at the next level.

However, Dak is still probably in the bottom half of QBs in that league and he and Cam are the best of the bunch in terms of their skill set coming from that type of offense out of college. And the list of total failures is long

Cam was a physical freak but is Jekyll and Hyde and Dak is so so. Russell Wilson is the same kind of guy, but he played in a more conventional offense in college.

Franks has a hand cannon. But, I don’t think he’ll ever be a guy making quick decisions from the pocket in a pro style offense.

Reactions: vegasvolfan

VN Store

Back