If the season started today....

If Franks goes pro, he must have had one hell of a season.

Even if he plays well, I am not sure how enthusiastic the pros would be about the offense he plays in and how that translates to the NFL level.

Dak would obviously be the guy he might try to compare himself to in terms of playing in that offense and being successful at the next level.

However, Dak is still probably in the bottom half of QBs in that league and he and Cam are the best of the bunch in terms of their skill set coming from that type of offense out of college. And the list of total failures is long

Cam was a physical freak but is Jekyll and Hyde and Dak is so so. Russell Wilson is the same kind of guy, but he played in a more conventional offense in college.

Franks has a hand cannon. But, I don’t think he’ll ever be a guy making quick decisions from the pocket in a pro style offense.

Franks has all the physical tools necessary to be a very good NFL QB imo.
It's between the ears for him.

If Mullen is able to coach him up so that the game "slows down" for him--look out!

Of course--I do hope that Chaney will help JG in much the same way.....

GO VOLS!

Why fans of rival teams get to make threads is beyond me

The first post, while not phrased as a question, was basically a question.

“What’s your starting lineup” was the intent of the thread.

From there, like all threads, people are responding to others responses

Reactions: Jaws
The first post, while not phrased as a question, was basically a question.

“What’s your starting lineup” was the intent of the thread.

From there, like all threads, people are responding to others responses

Last year we got bullied by the the Gatos pretty bad. But our defense this year has a good mix of talented youth and steady experience guys.

You guys are a run team first that uses the QB to make the defense defend everyone.
Our skill-level at LB has improved dramatically with the addition of two 5 star prospects at LB. Our safeties will be a lot Mr physical this year we'll.

If we can tackle Franks and the RBs one on one consistently, we will have a shot to pull the upset.

If Franks goes pro, he must have had one hell of a season.

Even if he plays well, I am not sure how enthusiastic the pros would be about the offense he plays in and how that translates to the NFL level.

Dak would obviously be the guy he might try to compare himself to in terms of playing in that offense and being successful at the next level.

However, Dak is still probably in the bottom half of QBs in that league and he and Cam are the best of the bunch in terms of their skill set coming from that type of offense out of college. And the list of total failures is long

Cam was a physical freak but is Jekyll and Hyde and Dak is so so. Russell Wilson is the same kind of guy, but he played in a more conventional offense in college.

Franks has a hand cannon. But, I don’t think he’ll ever be a guy making quick decisions from the pocket in a pro style offense.
Well, I wish for all college players to make it if they can. I have a feeling with that lineup, we will get best this year. I want our year in 2020!

Give me Tennessee's starting lineup

If everything goes according to plan with Trey Smith and Aubrey Solomon...

OFFENSE:
QB- Jarrett Gaurantano
RB- Ty Chandler
RB- Tim Jordan
TE- Dominic Wood-Anderson
WR- Josh Palmer
WR- Marquez Calloway
WR- Jauan Jennings or Brandon Johnson if he’s injured

LT- Wanya Morris
LG- Trey Smith
C- Brandon Kennedy
RG- K’Rojhn Calbert
RT- Darnell Wright

DEFENSE:
DT Aubrey Solomon
NT Savion Williams
DT Emmit Gooden
OLB Deandre Johnson, eventually Quavaris Crouch
ILB Daniel Bituli
ILB Will Ignont
JLB Darrell Taylor

CB Alontae Taylor
CB Bryce Thompson
NB Baylen Buchanan
FS Trevon Flowers
SS Nigel Warrior

OFFENSE:
QB- Jarret Gaurantano 6'4" 215
RB- Ty Chandler 5'11" 207
RB- Tim Jordan 5'11" 212
TE- Dominic Wood-Anderson 6'4" 240
WR- Josh Palmer 6'2 210
FL- Marquez Calloway 6'3 202
SL- Tyler Byrd 6'0 200 (Jennings inj)

LT- Wants Morris 6'4 320
LG- J Carvin 6'4" 320
C- J Johnson 6'3" 285
RG- K Calbert 6'5" 335
RT- N Neihlus 6'6 310

DEFENSE:
DT J. Mincey 6'3 285
NT S. Williams 6'4 315
DT E. Gooden 6'3 305
OLB D. Bituli 6'3 245
ILB W Ignot 6'1" 230
MLB S Reid 6'0" 230
JLB D Taylor 6'4" 255

CB A Taylor 6'0" 195
CB B Thompson 5'11 190
NB T Flowers 5'11" 200
FS N Warrior 6'0" 195
SS J McCullough 6'0 210
Do you mean Ryan Johnson at Center? No way Jahmir plays Center. He hasn’t practiced there at all. Only guys we’ve seen worked at center are Kennedy, R Johnson, Carvin, and Locklear. No indication that Jahmir playing Center has even crossed the coaches’ mind.

Reactions: JacketVol and KBVol
If the season started today Savion Williams wouldn’t be in the starting lineup, sorry for the bad news.

Do you mean Ryan Johnson at Center? No way Jahmir plays Center. He hasn’t practiced there at all. Only guys we’ve seen worked at center are Kennedy, R Johnson, Carvin, and Locklear. No indication that Jahmir playing Center has even crossed the coaches’ mind.

He practiced there a lot this past spring.
I'm not sure how you missed that.

How would you know what's crossed their mind? They're always moving people around to see where they fit. Especially O-line.

If the season started today Savion Williams wouldn’t be in the starting lineup, sorry for the bad news.
Good thing it doesn’t start today and that he’s got a month of fall camp to earn a starting spot.

He practiced there a lot this past spring.
I'm not sure how you missed that.

How would you know what's crossed their mind? They're always moving people around to see where they fit. Especially O-line.
Jahmir Johnson ain’t playing center. Kennedy will start, Ryan Johnson is likely his backup followed by Locklear.

Here’s a little more info to add to 99’s list:
I'd be interested to see your thoughts on comparing your squad and ours -- are there any guys who project as starters for UT that you feel would bump some of your starters to second string if they played for UF?

I'd be interested to see your thoughts on comparing your squad and ours -- are there any guys who project as starters for UT that you feel would bump some of your starters to second string if they played for UF?

I’m guessing JG would start over Franks. I don’t know for certain. I like Tennessee’s WR. I don’t know who would start over who in that case.

Honestly, outside of that, I don’t know who would start at Florida from Tennessee’s roster

Where Florida is weak, Tennessee may be weaker (OL).

Where Tennessee is strong (DB), Florida I think is stronger.

Not to be rude or cocky, but I can’t think of a single UT player I’d trade for any starter on UF. I don’t see an Eric Berry or Derek Barnett or Josh Dobbs or Alvin Kamara type player where you say “damn, that dude can play and I want him on my team.” Conversely, I think Tennessee would love to have a Jabari Zuniga or CJ Henderson or David Reese or Van Jefferson or Lamical Perine.

I do like Callaway at WR, I think he’s a talented dude, but he’d be just another guy in a loaded WR group for UF. I like Darrell Taylor too, he has 11 sacks, that means he can get to the QB and that’s to be respected.

Regarding JG v Franks, i think Franks has the bigger arm, and surprisingly, looks to be more athletic and a better runner than JG. I also think Franks is coached better. Chaney is an upgrade in this area, but Mullen is the top offensive coach in the SEC, along with Jimbo Fisher. I do give JG the advantage in terms of mental toughness. He seems to hang in better and keep a confident approach while Franks can tend to fall apart mentally if he has a bad play or two (see Uga and Missouri last year).

Edit: Trey Smith, when healthy and in serious football shape, would be a dude I’d like to have. But frankly, he wasn’t all that impressive when he played last year. Perhaps because his health wasn’t right, he look lethargic, out of shape and a step slow. He played v UF last year and was hardly noticed. But again, I assume that’s because he wasn’t feeling good physically. If he’s right physically, you’d be a fool not to want him.

Good thing it doesn’t start today and that he’s got a month of fall camp to earn a starting spot.
Not worried about him starting, he hasn’t been cleared to my knowledge if so I apologize in advance.

I’m guessing JG would start over Franks. I don’t know for certain. I like Tennessee’s WR. I don’t know who would start over who in that case.

Honestly, outside of that, I don’t know who would start at Florida from Tennessee’s roster

Where Florida is weak, Tennessee may be weaker (OL).

Where Tennessee is strong (DB), Florida I think is stronger.
your LBs? i am too lazy to go back and look at the write up on that.

I’m guessing JG would start over Franks..

I know a lot of different factors go into it, but when Franks and JG were on the same field last year, one QB clearly looked better than the other. Hell, one of the QB’s didn’t even finish the game.

For the first time in over 2 decades I'm going into the season completely blind. I haven't bought any of the preseason magazines, I didn't follow spring ball, or recruiting.

JG will be our QB barring something unforeseen. Callaway and Jennings will have 2 of the WR spots locked up, and DWA at TE. I don't have a clue about the line.

On defense Taylor and Thompson will be the corners, Warrior one of the safeties. Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back