J Jennings Dismissed from UT

You are correct if this is true. But it falls on the coaching staff ultimately. They recruited him. It is their job once he gets to campus to mold him and hold him accountable. For things to have gotten to this point is on the coaching staff.

What coaching staff? Fired, all left are lame ducks. You can lead a horse to water, but can' t make him trot to class. If Jones had not tolerated prima donas, he might still be here.

Because this board is proof in itself that fans are so damn rabid that they really don't care about the privacy of the players until **** like this season happens. It's not really the privacy, it's your hatred for the coaches.

I’m coming from this from a fact-based standpoint. You’re the one who seems to give two craps about this coaching staff. I’m coming from it from a point of view of someone who has dealt with multiple coaching staffs during his career and knows how things should work and how accountability is so important when dealing with 18-22 year olds.

Hyams said in his article that he was getting info from the coaches. Journalists aren’t connected to players like that either as the sports information department makes it clear that type of communication should not be happening. Teammates do not like snitches either.

Didnt say teammates either. Any student that has a class with him knows he isnt there

Reactions: 2 people
How? By not letting a guy who quit on his teammates act like a punk around the program?

As in hes a hell of a recruiter but a crappy coach. He doesnt have ability to make good decisions. Love him as a recruiter but he needs someone to follow. This was a complete fail by hoke and then currie. I dont care what was said.

JJ showed more heart passion and toughness fight than any player we have seen in the last decade.

This outburst is what it looks like when sucking is not acceptable. He cant stand it and hes immature. Be a f ing coach.

Didnt say teammates either. Any student that has a class with him knows he isnt there

No journalist is standing outside a classroom to talk to his classmates. Jesus Christ, you’re delusional if you believe that. Those of us on the support staff at any power five school would catch wind of that and the media member would lose their access quickly.

I’m coming from this from a fact-based standpoint. You’re the one who seems to give two craps about this coaching staff. I’m coming from it from a point of view of someone who has dealt with multiple coaching staffs during his career and knows how things should work and how accountability is so important when dealing with 18-22 year olds.

So it would've been better for Jennings to have been released after his first arrest? That accountable enough? You not see how butthurt this board was with sitting Kelly for his run in with the law?

Reactions: 1 person
You are correct if this is true. But it falls on the coaching staff ultimately. They recruited him. It is their job once he gets to campus to mold him and hold him accountable. For things to have gotten to this point is on the coaching staff.

The issue is specificity. "Missed some classes" or didn't go to class much" doesn't violate privacy rights any more than me saying my inmates are housed in my facility or a dr. Saying a patient is in the hospital. When I say the inmate is taking Violence Prevention programming and works in the food service department or a doctor shares a specific diagnosis, privacy rights are violated.

Reactions: 2 people
As in hes a hell of a recruiter but a crappy coach. He doesnt have ability to make good decisions. Love him as a recruiter but he needs someone to follow. This was a complete fail by hoke and then currie. I dont care what was said.

JJ showed more heart passion and toughness fight than any player we have seen in the last decade.

This outburst is what it looks like when sucking is not acceptable. He cant stand it and hes immature. Be a f ing coach.

He was being a coach. He's not going to let who disappears for 10 weeks of the season crawl back, demand to play QB, and then throw a 5-year old hissy fit when he gets told no.

So it would've been better for Jennings to have been released after his first arrest? That accountable enough? You not see how butthurt this board was with sitting Kelly for his run in with the law?

He definitely should have been suspended for a good length of time early when they caught him messing up. One would assume he was failed drug tests as well. And if the story about him missing practice and being stoned is true, that should have been an immediate multiple game suspension.

The issue is specificity. "Missed some classes" or didn't go to class much" doesn't violate privacy rights any more than me saying my inmates are housed in my facility or a dr. Saying a patient is in the hospital. When I say the inmate is taking Violence Prevention programming and works in the food service department or a doctor shares a specific diagnosis, privacy rights are violated.

They were specific enough about his class attendance that they mentioned his eligibility being affected. That’s a problem. Again, FERPA is pretty gray in some regards, which means you don’t share it at all. This is especially true of the media. If I were discovered to have shared this exact same info on my student-athletes, I would be fired.

They were specific enough about his class attendance that they mentioned his eligibility being affected. That’s a problem. If I were discovered to have shared this exact same info on my student-athletes, I would be fired.

But that is no different than players who are punished throughout the season for missing classes. That stuff is made public all the time. By what you just said, the term "academically ineligible" in and of itself is a violation pf privacy.

No journalist is standing outside a classroom to talk to his classmates. Jesus Christ, you’re delusional if you believe that. Those of us on the support staff at any power five school would catch wind of that and the media member would lose their access quickly.

Word gets around dude, stop acting like you are all official because you work on a support staff. People find things out and it doesnt have to come from the school in an official statement and you dont have to be standing outside a class room.

Reactions: 4 people
But that is no different than players who are punished throughout the season for missing classes. That stuff is made public all the time. By what you just said, the term "academically ineligible" in and of itself is a violation pf privacy.

No.

First off, any academic issues related to academics typically falls under “violation of team rules.” Second, academically ineligible can mean a huge number of things as continuing eligibility is complicated. It also is a very specific reason to lose eligibility. But it should never be accompanied by what exactly happened.

Word gets around dude, stop acting like you are all official because you work on a support staff. People find things out and it doesnt have to come from the school in an official statement and you dont have to be standing outside a class room.

I’m not acting all official. I’m just pointing out you (and many fans) don’t have a clue what how things work.

Yes, and what the reason it was reported was NCAA violations occurred. They reported as little as possible while reporting said violations. They didn’t share anything specific that I can see in that article that violated FERPA.

Hoke and the university haven't said anything specifically, everything is from a source. All Hoke said was that it's a privilege to represent the University. So, your anger is greatly misplaced.

Reactions: 5 people
I’m glad I’ve pissed you and others off enough to spend time trying to prove me wrong. He shouldn’t have shared even that much, but of course Coach K could probably clearly violate the law and he’d get away with it. All it takes is one pissed off family though and FERPA violations will result in a lawsuit and settlement.

Just saying that it's not that uncommon, and your anger is greatly misplaced, given the University nor Hoke has given any specifics.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back