J Jennings moved to WR

I guess Butch got tired of hearing all the Hurd to TE crap last season that he decided to Nip it in the Bud!

nip it.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
this isn't surprising given the current depth chart, and eventual depth chart, at QB. he will be a significant contributor at WR. this is good for him and the team.

I don't think it has much to do with Hunter Johnson either. There is a long way left to go in the recruiting process in regards to him and Taylor Lawrence. So much can change. Just look at Drew Richmond. It's more of the fact that he already sees the depth at QB and knows that the best move for his career and for the team would be to move somewhere else that his raw athletic ability can stand out....this is all assuming the TC is telling the truth because I still haven't seen anything yet.

Good for JJ I knew he would play somewhere he is far to talented to just sit on the sidelines because of QB Depth. ALways a viablle asset if we have an Ohio State type year at QB. Good for him.

He'll be great wherever he lands. But he's perfect for WR. Will take him a while to adjust though, probably redshirt.

I think this is a fantastic move, if legit. Dormady has clearly solidified his spot as backup, and with Sheriron coming in J.J. would have a great chance to be a solid contributor in the receiving core. Just shows the kinda team guy he is, and hopefully he has learned from his silly mistakes. Love it :good!:

Last edited:
I don't think it has much to do with Hunter Johnson either. There is a long way left to go in the recruiting process in regards to him and Taylor Lawrence. So much can change. Just look at Drew Richmond. It's more of the fact that he already sees the depth at QB and knows that the best move for his career and for the team would be to move somewhere else that his raw athletic ability can stand out....this is all assuming the TC is telling the truth because I still haven't seen anything yet.

Hunter Johnson and Drew Richmond are completely different situations. Some say Johnson is already a silent commit. IMO it definitely played a role here. I think Johnson goes public before the season starts.

Reactions: 2 people
Jennings wants to play, and is capable of playing WR or Safety. He is one of the best athletes on the team. Jenning's move is really no surprise to our fan base. With 5 stars potentially coming in for 3 years in a row, does Jennings stand a chance to win the starting job? We all know the answer to this question is without a doubt NO. The first thought that popped into my head was JAMES BANKS. Banks excelled at WR after coming to knoxville as one of the best Dual Threast QB's in the country. He helped our team out tremendously. If you want your best athletes on the field at all times, then Jennings moving to WR or Safety is undeniably the right decision. I'm excited to to see him blossom into an elite athlete and be on the field GIVING HIS ALL FOR TENNESSEE!

Reactions: 3 people
absolutely one of the top 5 best athletes on this team. He has a chance to be an elite WR with a few yrs of development. He could probably use just his pure god given ability right now to go up and out athlete DBs for the ball. His athleticism is special.

I think this is a fantastic move, if legit. Dormandy has clearly solidified his spot as backup, and with Sheriron coming in J.J. would have a great chance to be a solid contributor in the receiving core. Just shows the kinda team guy he is, and hopefully he has learned from his silly mistakes. Love it :good!:

Excellent post....but please....it's Dormady.

Reactions: 3 people
I heard Swain say he watched him at a camp run a couple of routes at receiver "goofing off". He said he pulled him to the side and said "If you want to play QB, you need to quit doing that." Said he was a natural at receiver. I'm excited about this move and think it's good for JJ too.

Reactions: 4 people
I promise I didn't just make this up lol. You'll see in practice next week. He may play a little wildcat type package at QB some, but you'll see him on end arounds, screens, etc until he gets route running down.

80% chance he redshirts IMO

I promise I didn't just make this up lol. You'll see in practice next week. He may play a little wildcat type package at QB some, but you'll see him on end arounds, screens, etc until he gets route running down.

80% chance he redshirts IMO

But you originally stated that we would hear something within the hour.... I mean I don't doubt you a bit, I just assume this would be a somewhat significant announcement and we would be hearing more on it.

Jennings wants to play, and is capable of playing WR or Safety. He is one of the best athletes on the team. Jenning's move is really no surprise to our fan base. With 5 stars potentially coming in for 3 years in a row, does Jennings stand a chance to win the starting job? We all know the answer to this question is without a doubt NO. The first thought that popped into my head was JAMES BANKS. Banks excelled at WR after coming to knoxville as one of the best Dual Threast QB's in the country. He helped our team out tremendously. If you want your best athletes on the field at all times, then Jennings moving to WR or Safety is undeniably the right decision. I'm excited to to see him blossom into an elite athlete and be on the field GIVING HIS ALL FOR TENNESSEE!

Also Jermaine Copeland came in as a QB back in mid-late 90s and became a dependable target for Manning

VN Store

Back