Jalen Hurts @Peyton's Camp

Jalen Hurts threw for 2,780 yards with 23 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions ... completed 62.8 percent of his passes and boasted a 139.1 quarterback rating ...

was responsible for 36 touchdowns (23 passing, 13 rushing)
to break the previous Alabama record of 35 set by Blake Sims in 2014 ... finished with 3,734 yards of total offense (2,780 passing, 954 rushing) to record the second-highest single-season total in Crimson Tide history.

He had a really good freshman year but you have to give credit where credit is due. That team is based on the big boys upfront (Both sides). There's a reason no matter who they put at QB is successful, it's a successful running game and a defense that doesn't give up much on the ground

He had a really good freshman year but you have to give credit where credit is due. That team is based on the big boys upfront (Both sides). There's a reason no matter who they put at QB is successful, it's a successful running game and a defense that doesn't give up much on the ground

That is an oversimplification of what goes on at the position. Defenses in the SEC and playoffs are better than that. The poise he demonstrated was unique for his age or any age for that matter. I recall Greg McElroy's first year starting as a 4th year junior and he struggled during the mid-season mightily and was the main reason Bama played Tennessee so close in 2009 game. You do remember those blocked kicks?

Jalen Hurt's is one of those talented dual threat QBs we end up playing every so often that folks like to describe as being able to upset the mighty Tide. That makes him uniquely different from anything you've seen in the Nick Saban era at QB. And by the way, injuries weren't your biggest problem in Knoxville.

And by the way, injuries weren't your biggest problem in Knoxville.

We didn't have a chance in that game. We were physically and emotionally just done.There was nothing left in the tank after what I consider the most grueling 3 weeks I can remember of being a Vol fan. It was one pressure cooker after another. You guys were better, but you weren't 39 points better. The previous year showed that.

We didn't have a chance in that game. We were physically and emotionally just done.There was nothing left in the tank after what I consider the most grueling 3 weeks I can remember of being a Vol fan. It was one pressure cooker after another. You guys were better, but you weren't 39 points better. The previous year showed that.

I said before the season that, for the first time in several years, UT had a much tougher road than Bama heading into the TSIO. I'm not always right, but sometimes I make a pretty solid prediction. Bama had played a fairly easy string, while UT's tank had completely run dry.

Roll Tide....

Out to the middle of the sea, and then drown.

Or get eaten by a giant octopus.

Or some other such horrible demise.

I said before the season that, for the first time in several years, UT had a much tougher road than Bama heading into the TSIO. I'm not always right, but sometimes I make a pretty solid prediction. Bama had played a fairly easy string, while UT's tank had completely run dry.

Yeah we definitely had a scheduling advantage in 2015, but the exact opposite this past season. We just didn't have the horses after those 3 weeks, although Derek Barnett played his ass off and did his best to keep us in it.

Given how good of a year Alabama had last year, it is amazing how much work his throwing still needs.

Give credit to Kiffin for his ability to cover that weakness and play to JH's strengths. Curious to see if the new Bama OC uses the same template.

VN Store

Back