Jalen Hurts @Peyton's Camp

Bama ran 18 plays after Bo went down. 9 passes by Hurts, 8 runs, 1 pass by Stewart. Doesn't look like Bama started flinging it around. But, by all means, keep describing this fantasy game that only you witnessed.

And before Bo went down Bama had ran more than they passed lol.

Hurts 2 games prior to the NC Hurts didn't have a game where he passed over 20 times. This game he passed 31 times and completed 40%. Not sure how you cant see he failed to deliver through the air vs Clemson... But whatever :thud:

And before Bo went down Bama had ran more than they passed lol.

Hurts 2 games prior to the NC Hurts didn't have a game where he passed over 20 times. This game he passed 31 times and completed 40%. Not sure how you cant see he failed to deliver through the air vs Clemson... But whatever :thud:

No one is saying he didn't have a poor game passing. That was not your argument. Your argument was that he was tasked with winning the game with his arm, and failed. Since the former is not true, the latter is impossible.

Last edited:
I don't think Ryan even started a game in the NFL, and yet he might be 3rd behind Manning and McCarron on the list.

Heath Shuler was an NFL bust he was a relatively high draft pick and did start multiple games for the Redskins. I guess my real point is why any young man who sees himself with an NFL succesful future as a QB would go to Bama??? The odds may be better of you hitting the Powerball lottery and there's no bedchecks or winds prints.

Last edited:
What difference does it make how you win? When he had the ball late in the 4th quarter, Bama (Hurts) scored a TD.

So do you knock Manning or Brady for not being able to beat you with their feet? I certainly hope not.

:question:

He wasn't asked to win the game with his arm. Your entire argument is based on a false premise.

I watched this kid and as a passer he is more inaccurate than dobbs ever was. He's a horrible passer and if you argue that then who should care what you think.

I watched this kid and as a passer he is more inaccurate than dobbs ever was. He's a horrible passer and if you argue that then who should care what you think.

Jalen Hurts threw for 2,780 yards with 23 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions ... completed 62.8 percent of his passes and boasted a 139.1 quarterback rating ...

was responsible for 36 touchdowns (23 passing, 13 rushing)
to break the previous Alabama record of 35 set by Blake Sims in 2014 ... finished with 3,734 yards of total offense (2,780 passing, 954 rushing) to record the second-highest single-season total in Crimson Tide history.

Jalen Hurts threw for 2,780 yards with 23 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions ... completed 62.8 percent of his passes and boasted a 139.1 quarterback rating ...

was responsible for 36 touchdowns (23 passing, 13 rushing)
to break the previous Alabama record of 35 set by Blake Sims in 2014 ... finished with 3,734 yards of total offense (2,780 passing, 954 rushing) to record the second-highest single-season total in Crimson Tide history.

Ok TUSK. Did Saban eff up, sending Lane on his way and putting Sark at OC? In your opinion? Do u agree with me, that if Lane had called the plays in the NC, Bama would have won, despite how many points Clemson scored?

Ok TUSK. Did Saban eff up, sending Lane on his way and putting Sark at OC? In your opinion? Do u agree with me, that if Lane had called the plays in the NC, Bama would have won, despite how many points Clemson scored?

I'm asumming Lane would have had the same commitment in the natty he did against Washington in the semis, no. Glad he's gone now. Bo Scarbrough doesn't get hurt, it doesn't matter. If the receivers had caught what Jalen threw we still would have won. Bama fans aren't looking for excuses on what happened, we get it. And Jalen won't be a freshman again. Play ball.

I'm asumming Lane would have had the same commitment in the natty he did against Washington in the semis, no. Glad he's gone now. Bo Scarbrough doesn't get hurt, it doesn't matter. If the receivers had caught what Jalen threw we still would have won. Bama fans aren't looking for excuses on what happened, we get it. And Jalen won't be a freshman again. Play ball.

U didn't like the way Lane set up defenses in the 2nd half for Bo to pound 'em. If Sark did that, Bo doesn't get hurt. But, oh well, eff Bama, I'm glad u all lost. I try to be nice, but just like most Bama fans, u had to be a d!ck

Reactions: 1 person
U didn't like the way Lane set up defenses in the 2nd half for Bo to pound 'em. If Sark did that, Bo doesn't get hurt. But, oh well, eff Bama, I'm glad u all lost. I try to be nice, but just like most Bama fans, u had to be a d!ck

I could have given you an opinion on the game I didn't have but what's the point of that? I didn't like the way Kiffin called a game. I didn't like the way he handled personnel and especially Jalen. He is no QB whisperer. He calls too much wide crap and when good defenses, like LSU, are big and fast and safeties are coming down on the LOS and crashing our ends, he's still determined to run jet sweeps and bubble screens. What a crapfest to have to watch and endure all season. The only reason Bo would get busy is that Saban would get fed up with Kiffin's idea of how to put a defense on their heels.

This season with Daboll we are not going to go horizontal to the point of stupid. Jalen will be under center more, with more pro set looks. The running backs will run downhill more and not just RPO looks. In short, ball control, short yardage down and distance and red zone offense will look much different under Daboll.

I disagree. As much as I hate him, Lane knew his players better than Sark and would have won that game, despite how many points Clemson scored

If Lane calls the CFPNCG the way hr called the Peach Bowl, Bama loses by at least 3 scores. Saban's mistake was not sending Kiffin to Boca Raton as soon as Kiffin got the gig. Sark would have had a month rather than a week. But, hindsight being 20/20, Kiffin could not be allowed to continue after his performance in Atlanta.

If Lane calls the CFPNCG the way hr called the Peach Bowl, Bama loses by at least 3 scores. Saban's mistake was not sending Kiffin to Boca Raton as soon as Kiffin got the gig. Sark would have had a month rather than a week. But, hindsight being 20/20, Kiffin could not be allowed to continue after his performance in Atlanta.

Whatever. If it wasn't for Lane, Saban would be known as Dabo's b!tch.

Lol. You just listed 2 in your response.

I swear Bama has the dumbest fan base in entire world.

Wow. Interesting logic.

Kiffin being there would have increased UWs scoring against Bama's defense....

I wouldn't chalk it up to just that game. Or put the game just on him, but he wasn't able to keep Clemson honest on the back end and they were able to force him into his weakness.

Clemson took away all the 10 yard or less throws schematically forcing him to get outside of his comfort zone great coaching

Yeah, unfortunately it actually was a serious question. Don't follow the Manning football camp enough or at all to know if it was last week or something and the poster's son went and reported that Hurts, the topic of this thread, was cocky. Was looking for a little clarification. I now have that.

Obviously, my "serious question" question was in reference to you starting your post with "Manning or Hurts".....that threw me off

You got me thinking.

After Manning, who would be the best NFL QB that either Bama or UT has produced in the past 35-40 years? I honestly can't make a case for anyone better than AJ McCarron, and he's only started 4 games.

Is Stabler in your time frame?

Is Stabler in your time frame?

Joe Willy Namath comes to mind but the Jets thought Richard Todd should play a lot. Most any Bama QB has been a clipboard holder in the NFL after Todd. I see no one present day on their team that will change that any time soon. Again I do not understand why any kid hoping to make it in the NFL as a QB would attend Bama. You have a better chance going to Marshall.

Joe Willy Namath comes to mind but the Jets thought Richard Todd should play a lot. Most any Bama QB has been a clipboard holder in the NFL after Todd. I see no one present day on their team that will change that any time soon. Again I do not understand why any kid hoping to make it in the NFL as a QB would attend Bama. You have a better chance going to Marshall.

Beyond Manning, let's see the list of QB's Tennessee has produced for NFL HOF consideration Einstein?

VN Store

Back