Jalen Hurts @Peyton's Camp

Kinda ambiguous, KB. :hmm:

True.....but what are the chances someone thought Manning, our beloved Peyton Manning, was "cocky"?.....vs the 19 year old who just won SEC offensive player of the year, won an SEC title and played in the National title game? Whatever the odds are for assuming it was Hurts and not Manning, I'll take em.

Joe Willy Namath comes to mind but the Jets thought Richard Todd should play a lot. Most any Bama QB has been a clipboard holder in the NFL after Todd. I see no one present day on their team that will change that any time soon. Again I do not understand why any kid hoping to make it in the NFL as a QB would attend Bama. You have a better chance going to Marshall.

Namath was one of the most overrated QBs to ever play.

Reactions: 3 people
Beyond Manning, let's see the list of QB's Tennessee has produced for NFL HOF consideration Einstein?

I've lowered the bar actually to assist the Tide fans somewhat. So let's say draftedas QB, named starter at the beginning of a season and start 8 games during that season. UT has Shuler, potentially Dobbs and Bama has ... ... ... ... ... What, crickets? No Einstein was much older than I and died sometime ago. Hell you can get Zip the Chimp to play QB and win NCs under Saban with no offense to Zip.

Reactions: 1 person
I've lowered the bar actually to assist the Tide fans somewhat. So let's say draftedas QB, named starter at the beginning of a season and start 8 games during that season. UT has Shuler, potentially Dobbs and Bama has ... ... ... ... ... What, crickets? No Einstein was much older than I and died sometime ago. Hell you can get Zip the Chimp to play QB and win NCs under Saban with no offense to Zip.

McCarron is closer to taking over the Bengals than Dobbs is the Steelers. Heck, McCarron would have Cincy's first playoff win in forever on his resume if Pacman and Burfict hadn't acted like, well, themselves.

Since Dobbs hasn't made the Steelers squad, yet, we've boiled this down to Heath Shuler's career in the NFL to show how UT owns Bama...F#&k Yeah!

Since Dobbs hasn't made the Steelers squad, yet, we've boiled this down to Heath Shuler's career in the NFL to show how UT owns Bama...F#&k Yeah!

Haha, nice! Reverse psychology. Helping the Bammers out cause they ain't smart enough. I like it!

Jalen Hurts threw for 2,780 yards with 23 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions ... completed 62.8 percent of his passes and boasted a 139.1 quarterback rating ...

was responsible for 36 touchdowns (23 passing, 13 rushing)
to break the previous Alabama record of 35 set by Blake Sims in 2014 ... finished with 3,734 yards of total offense (2,780 passing, 954 rushing) to record the second-highest single-season total in Crimson Tide history.
What are his stats throwing past ten yards downfield? It was short dumps and catch and runs. Was under 30 percent when throwing anything over 10 yards. Kiff utilized his strengths. Kid is not accurate if not a short pass to the spot.

Last edited:

You lowered the bar because you don't want it to include the super bowl era. That would be a much more comprehensive look at both schools. If it actually includes super bowl victories and HOF credentials Tennessee is quickly swimming with the sharks.

Any debate that starts and finishes with Shuler was better left alone.

What are his stats throwing past ten yards downfield? It was short dumps and catch and runs. Was under 30 percent when throwing anything over 10 yards. Kiff utilized his strengths. Kid is not accurate if not a short pass to the spot.

The stat you need to be concerned with is we had to pull our true freshman at the beginning of the 4th quarter, in Knoxville, to keep from putting 70 points on that orange noggin.

And you guys were hoping for a rematch in the SECCG?

This thread is embarrassing. 2 or 3 guys chime in on page 1 to compliment Alabama. They add no original thought to the discussion just give Alabama a an unnecessary pat on the back.

Then this other guy spends all 8 pages trying to fluff up Alabama's NFL QBs and disrespect Tennessee's.

Why would Tennessee "fans" act like this? Get therapy.

This thread is embarrassing. 2 or 3 guys chime in on page 1 to compliment Alabama. They add no original thought to the discussion just give Alabama a an unnecessary pat on the back.

Then this other guy spends all 8 pages trying to fluff up Alabama's NFL QBs and disrespect Tennessee's.

Lol. Its crazy ain't it? Go to any lengths to shows they smart.

McCarron is closer to taking over the Bengals than Dobbs is the Steelers. Heck, McCarron would have Cincy's first playoff win in forever on his resume if Pacman and Burfict hadn't acted like, well, themselves.

Lotsa "is closer" and "ifs" in the above which means you have zero to date.

truth. thank God the Bengals are always going to bungle...the way that game ended....beautiful. :)

The stat you need to be concerned with is we had to pull our true freshman at the beginning of the 4th quarter, in Knoxville, to keep from putting 70 points on that orange noggin.

yes. always.

He all mad.

Playing quarterback at Bama = no NFL future. All Nicky teaches them is to run and handoff. Just the facts Jack.

Without Lane, they will be punting on first down.

If Alabama had punted on every first down last year, they still would have won the game

The bigger question is why these posters whom are fans of rival teams are allowed to pollute this great message board.

Reactions: 2 people

Will be kicking your cuz loving AZZ soon enough. GBO and remember whose board you're on you sister loving azz pumper.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back