Jauan Jenning to miss 12 weeks

Out 12 weeks for a dislocation? I realize that the hand & wrist has lots of bones, tendons, nerves, etc...but what's the deal? Enlighten us, medicos.

Don't think a regular redshirt is an option. He already played in a game this season.

He/ the school could apply for a medical redshirt, but that might be about it in that regard.

Wasn't there some rule change being discussed about allowing red shirts with up to 4 games (no more than 33% of the season) played?

Did that rule change ever pass and take effect?

Wasn't there some rule change being discussed about allowing red shirts with up to 4 games (no more than 33% of the season) played?

Did that rule change ever pass and take effect?

Are you sure you're not thinking of a medical redshirt as a result of an injury?

A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

Eerily reminiscent of J Hunter primed for a breakout season and going down on the first series in the Swamp a few years ago. I swear it feels like we are cursed.

OTOH, Callaway was very impressive. He's got a little CP in him.

Sure seems that way, although I'm sure FSU is saying the same right now, and Bama lost two LB's for the season in the same game.

VN Store

Back