JG, Taj Boyd and recruiting

As I recall, he was talking about other radio and the like personalities who were, just as many of you here are, simply trying to tear everything down from within. I, myself, thought and hoped Butch Jones was gonna succeed. Up until the Florida game and 3 straight pass plays. That's when I saw the light and realized he wasn't capable. Some saw it earlier, some later. The ones who from day one were belittling and negavols ended up being right, not because of their intelligence. Simply because of 50/50 odds. Just like my broken watch of my fathers. It's right twice a day, every day. Doesn't mean I wear it though.

I saw it way back in 2015 with Arky, Oklahoma and Fla! I knew then he not only was not a great coach but that he would not succeed in this league. Shoot, even Kiffen would have won two of those three even though we should have won all three!

And, then to lose to Bama coming off their schedule, SMDH.

I saw it way back in 2015 with Arky, Oklahoma and Fla! I knew then he not only was not a great coach but that he would not succeed in this league. Shoot, even Kiffen would have won two of those three even though we should have won all three!

And, then to lose to Bama coming off their schedule, SMDH.
Kiffin's high water mark was UT. His dad was there to help. He built a very good (if shady) staff. He hurt both UT and himself by leaving.

He was a pretty good game day coach. I believe he would have won all three of those games. He was a blocked FG away from beating Bama that year with a team that had a fraction of the talent the 2015 team had.

I didn't like or trust Kiffin. His disloyalty wasn't surprising. But what he did with what he had in that one year impressed me.

I think JG has great physical potential. I just hope he has the other parts that make a good QB.
I think he’ll be better this year. His biggest issue I’ve noticed is delivering on time. Once he has to go to his second and third read it’s time to start thinking about moving off his spot. I’m sure Chaney is addressing that.

VN Store

Back