Jimmy Hyams on The Zone

So personally what do you suggest the fix should be or what the problem is,do you think bryd should be a CB and burn Calloways red shirt or no?
Oh yea I would love to see Byrd at corner the kid is huge! He a monster! We don't use Byrd right at the Wr position.. I don't know what to do with callaway.. Lol i would love to see callaway

Personally I think some (both players and fans) get caught up in the recruiting 5*, 4* hype. When those players get to college they are surrounded by others with the same ratings along with players that were not rated as high but more often than not are more willing to prove what they can do. I dare say some come in thinking they are going to shock the college world just like they shocked their smaller world at the high school level and get discouraged when they realize they are going to have to work for playing time.

Tennessee needs more Jauan Jennings type of players - players that are willing to work hard to earn playing time and find a position where they can contribute to the team. That type of attitude is something you can't teach - a player has to have it or find it on their own.

That attitude you are talking about is instilled at home
usually starting at a young age. It's up to parents to do that and keep the kid grounded even when others tell them they are the greatest. Fine line between confident and cocky and earning it and entitlement.

I can agree with this and have wondered myself why Dobbs hasnt run more this year. I wonder if the hits he has taken has gotten to him a little. The guy has taken some massive hits the past 2 years. Mayhe he wants to protect his body a little better? We are the most dangerous when Dobbs runs at will. For some reason, he just hasnt really done that this year like last.

App state hit affected him more as being hurt than we knew perhaps?

I wonder if him losing weight had something to do with it?

He's still 315-320, so you wouldn't think so. But something's changed with him IMO and that's what comes to mind first. Hopefully he heals up and starts reaching some of his potential next year...we badly need him and Shy to be dominant at DT.

Jimmy said Josh Smith wouldn't return punts but I just saw him catch one. Way to go Jimmy, at least you are consistent.

Jimmy said Josh Smith wouldn't return punts but I just saw him catch one. Way to go Jimmy, at least you are consistent.

How dare you. Hyams was a decorated columnist and continues to be recognized as one of the top professionals around.

VN Store

Back