Jones now has hottest seat in SEC

Butch is safe, because everyone that is NOT a moron can see the positive progression he has made since his arrival. The only problem here is, some fans, have their lives so wrapped around this team that it has choked out any remembrance of what this team has been through before CBJ. Fulmer, Kiffen and Dooley.......WOW! and some of you want to go back to that? do you really think any other coach wants to come to UT with the vile and venomous crap you type of these blogs.......who in their right minds would want to coach for a bunch of ungrateful and entitlement laden fans? What happen if Coach Jones is fired and they hire another......how long do we give him to bring us to the level of Bama? 2, 3 or 4 years. I am amazed at the level of detachment some of you have of reality, its like you think we hire some guy and the next year we are competing for a NC. It didn't happen at USC, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Arkansas, Norte Dame, Florida State, Oregon etc. etc. What makes you think UT can make a turn around like Bama with Saban with another new coach? Wow!

You have lost your damn mind if you think butch jones has earned any of his paycheck or has done something!!! Who gives a **** about recruiting when you suck as a coach on developing the talent...who cares he improved a record that could only go anywhere but up...you idiots who are riding Butch Jones coat tail are just as rediculous as a fan as he is a coach!!! Maybe 4 more years of below average football is what you want!!! Then after we get so bad as a team we will be lucky to get a 2 star recruit let alone a 4 star!!! Trust me...after this season you will have alot of players transfer and alot decommitt from tennessee!!! A new coach will at least bring change and something new to the table...5 years. Now and nothing has changed with butch..go to go..go to go now...he is killing any hopes this team has at being great again or any hopes a player has to win an sec title or national championship!!! Fire him yesterday!!! Best move fir tennessee hands down! Straight facts!!!

You have lost your damn mind if you think butch jones has earned any of his paycheck or has done something!!! Who gives a **** about recruiting when you suck as a coach on developing the talent...who cares he improved a record that could only go anywhere but up...you idiots who are riding Butch Jones coat tail are just as rediculous as a fan as he is a coach!!! Maybe 4 more years of below average football is what you want!!! Then after we get so bad as a team we will be lucky to get a 2 star recruit let alone a 4 star!!! Trust me...after this season you will have alot of players transfer and alot decommitt from tennessee!!! A new coach will at least bring change and something new to the table...5 years. Now and nothing has changed with butch..go to go..go to go now...he is killing any hopes this team has at being great again or any hopes a player has to win an sec title or national championship!!! Fire him yesterday!!! Best move fir tennessee hands down! Straight facts!!!

And im sorry if you think a fan is a idiot if they want their team to win and the coach they have clearly cant get it done!!! Thats called living in the real world!! If you suck at making cheese burgers and jack up everyones order do you think as a boss im gonna continue to let you do that after i pay you to not do that? Or do you let that person take 7 years to get it right? You need to get a reality check...what ever your smoking please give me some of that...

Honestly, stuff like this will change every week when one coach or another suffers a set back. If Jones wins one of the 3 big games remaining and wins the other 6... he finishes 9-3 and the explanation that UT's receivers were too green to win in the Swamp helps him survive. It could even become a positive point if UF takes advantage of their lame schedule and wins the East again. UT would have been within one "lucky" play by UF of winning the East after losing all of its stars from '16.

I've said all along that I'd be satisfied if he goes 9-3 and as sickening as the UF loss was... I'll stick by that expectation.

9 wins? Keep dreaming...you might want to be satisfied if he wins 5 games this year...the only way he wins 9 games this year is if he borrows 4 of those wins from alabama!!!

Wow man, that's a lot of straw man arguments in one poorly structured paragraph to essentially say, 'Butch is better than Dooley!'

The 'Better-than-Dooley' argument doesn't work in year 5; contrary to your desires, Dooley is not the measuring stick for coaching success at the University of Tennessee.

Finally...someone talk some sense to Butch Jr. Here!!!

Again with the "everybody predicted" defense. Why can't you understand that Butch living up to predictions that we would struggle is not a defense at all? People looked at the God-awful East and said "even in year 5 Butch is no threat to produce" and they appear to be right. This is not a good thing for Butch, I'm sorry to tell you.

Again, they see our NFL turnover and new coaches, why can't our own fans??

Perhaps we can clarify things a bit here.

All we really want in our head coach is:

a) Recruit top scholar/athletes and outstanding citizens, garnering a top 10 class each year, and
b) Win a minimum of 9 games each year, and
c) Compete for the conference championship annually, winning it more times than not, and
d) Keep the team performing at a level where we (and they) can hold our heads up proudly every week, and
e) Beat Alabama, Florida, and Georgia with consistency, and
f) Face any other team in the country with the confident expectation of winning, and
g) Occasionally go undefeated, untied and unscored upon through a season or two.

Is that so much to ask for?

Nope!! Sounds like a normal year at alabama!!

VN Store

Back