Kaidon Salter putting in the work!

I mean I wouldn’t call anybody who earns a full ride athletic scholarship a nobody… yeah I would like to see him tone it down a little but this is a new era and I don’t see anything wrong with him tryna take advantage of the new NIL branding opportunity… I’m just saying the microscope on him right now is a bit much… like I don’t think this was a thread worthy topic especially not one filled with sarcasm.
Looks like you are ignoring who turned the microscope on. I choose not to enable this type of behavior since it is detrimental to a team environment. How do you think this program got it's thug reputation or being known for the Fulmer Cup? What do you think would have been Saban's reaction to this issue at Bama?

Looks like you are ignoring who turned the microscope on. I choose not to enable this type of behavior since it is detrimental to a team environment. How do you think this program got it's thug reputation or being known for the Fulmer Cup? What do you think would have been Saban's reaction to this issue at Bama?
Should be the Meyer Cup. Eclipsed Fulmer in that area also.

Such a clueless DA move. And surprising that some life coaching from the athletics department didn't stop it (maybe they tried). As others have noted, what business would want to advertise using a kid whose only accomplishment thus far is getting suspended - the instant he gets on campus - and AFTER the fan base donated a bunch of $ to help out his sick father? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Shut up, put the work in, do some charity work, have some genuine contrition, earn your way on the field, accomplish something. People would then be banging on your door. Would love to be be proven wrong, but highly skeptical Salter will turn it around. Every indication so far is just DA.

View attachment 375087View attachment 375088View attachment 375089View attachment 375091Putting in work. I added the 4th pic to give people another reason to hate on the KID. How dare he have fun on the practice field.
Who's hating on him? The people that are commenting on a message board that he should tone it down a little at least until he does something to earn being paid instead of getting in trouble?

Do you think people are hating on you when they disagree with you? If so, I guess I'm hating on you and him both.

Such a clueless DA move. And surprising that some life coaching from the athletics department didn't stop it (maybe they tried). As others have noted, what business would want to advertise using a kid whose only accomplishment thus far is getting suspended - the instant he gets on campus - and AFTER the fan base donated a bunch of $ to help out his sick father? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Shut up, put the work in, do some charity work, have some genuine contrition, earn your way on the field, accomplish something. People would then be banging on your door. Would love to be be proven wrong, but highly skeptical Salter will turn it around. Every indication so far is just DA.
I was surprised by that too. I’m sure they coach these guys on certain ways to market themselves going forward, but there needs to be some PR taught as well. There’s a time and a place for him to do that . Right now isn’t that time and especially not with this fan base.

I remember A lot of people didn’t like Casey Clausen because they thought he was too arrogant. You know, he only beat Florida twice and Bama 3 times and lost 1 road game ever, this kid hasn’t even taken a snap on the practice field I don’t think. Most fan bases don’t like this kind of stuff, and I feel like ours really doesn’t. For right now Salter should probably just keep his head down and do all the things coaches and professors want him to do . If he does that the other stuff will work out here or somewhere else.

I don't like it, but it's the way of the college sports world now. I better get used to it. NIL, open transfers, and expanded playoffs are just the start. College football will never be the same again.:mad:
It's even going to trickle down and hurt FCS and D2. I will I'd gone to a D3 school now.......;)

Who's hating on him? The people that are commenting on a message board that he should tone it down a little at least until he does something to earn being paid instead of getting in trouble?

Do you think people are hating on you when they disagree with you? If so, I guess I'm hating on you and him both.
Those saying bust, pre madonna, clown, clueless, selfish etc.
I just wanted to share proof of him actually putting in work as the post alludes to. Putting on some size as you can see. Have a good one vol nation. Good luck in the CWS.

Last edited:
I just wanted to share proof of him actually putting in work as the post alludes to. Putting on some size as you can see. Have a good one vol nation. Good luck in the CWS.
I didn't see anyone calling him a clown, but I wouldn't say that was hating on him anyway. Pre-madonna is a joke and he is clueless.

But I shouldn't have said anything anyway, this kind of thing has been going on for as long as I can remember and it will continue forever. We either Love or hate here on VN.

View attachment 375087View attachment 375088View attachment 375089View attachment 375091Putting in work. I added the 4th pic to give people another reason to hate on the KID. How dare he have fun on the practice field.
Glad to see him putting the work in. He looks like he’s bulked up some from high school already. Some of the social media stuff can just come across the wrong way. If he can let his game do the taking, all the other stuff will take care of itself. He seems like he’s got a good family behind him, so I bet he will turn it around. Everyone here is a Vols fan and will be pulling for him. Hoping he balls out for the big Orange.

Reactions: saltfanclub
Glad to see him putting the work in. He looks like he’s bulked up some from high school already. Some of the social media stuff can just come across the wrong way. If he can let his game do the taking, all the other stuff will take care of itself. He seems like he’s got a good family behind him, so I bet he will turn it around. Everyone here is a Vols fan and will be pulling for him. Hoping he balls out for the big Orange.

Shoot I wish as a student athlete they had to get approval before posting on social media but that's not the world we live in. Would definitely help if it were closely monitored. All it takes is 1 stupid post out of anger or ignorance and a screenshot and poof it's always there. We all have opinions and can agree or disagree on how people go about their livelihood.

Reactions: A.J.
Wow not a good look imo
And here lies the problem with this NIL. Kids are gonna be worried more about self promotion than team first. This kid has had problems since arriving at UT and has yet to even see the practice field. Why would any company want a kid that’s been in trouble since arriving to Knoxville to promote there brand?

Reactions: Myrtleturtle

You honestly don't see how this was a clueless move? You think working out with the team a few times after finally being allowed to after coming back from suspension qualifies as redemptive putting in the work? Let me guess - you also think shoplifting up to $1000 with no consequence is ok like they do it in San Fran? As a fan of Salter's, you are not doing him any favors.

Are there any teams that don't put names on the backs of Jerseys anymore? I heard at once of a coach that refused to do it - saying that we are a team, not individuals.
I'm sure if you threatened to do this, there would be a revolt. Anyway it's a bad idea from a fan standpoint - I like knowing the name of the guy that flopped from cramps as he is helped off the field.
Notre Damn doesn’t I believe. And a lot of schools in basketball and baseball don’t put names on jerseys also. Penn State is another I think that don’t have names on jersey.

I don't see a problem here.

The kid is just marketing his product. That doesn't make him a headcase - it makes him a capitalist.
What product is he marketing? Since arriving to Knoxville he has been arrested and suspended for UNLAWFUL activities. He has yet to see the practice field or even play in a game including the Orange and White game. As of right now I would assume he is #3 or #4 on the depth chart. Right now HB, Maurer, and Hooker all have college experience and he may not see the field for a couple years if ever at UT. So again what company wants to give a kid money that can’t get out of his own way or a 3rd or 4th string player?

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
I don’t believe anyone hating on him. I believe most people want him to do well. But Salter isn’t doing himself any favors by self promoting himself for money when he hasn’t done anything but get suspended for breaking the LAW. I hope the kid does well and excels, but he has been suspended longer than he has been on the practice field. Also beating out HB, Maurer and Hooker is gonna be hard for a true freshman. With the troubles he’s had so far don’t be surprised if his freshman year is a redshirt year. Salter needs to be laying low and putting in work and stay off social media. He already has enough attention on him that he has caused. If he turns out to be good his play will do the advertising for him and he won’t have to worry about self promotion as people and business will contact him on there own.

VN Store

Back