Kaidon Salter putting in the work!

This whole NIL thing is a colossal joke. Now cheating and buying players will be done in the open. The local car dealer/vol booster will get word to the prospect in high school that a fat check is waiting on him in Knoxville to do car commercials on social media. Where does it end? The NCAA better get off their ass and issue rules on this ASAP.

I’ve said this before…I was a huge fan of Salter before he arrived. I followed his social media and recruitment. Ever since his arrest, my opinion has shifted. I jump in and watch his instagram live videos and it’s the biggest joke of all. I just don’t see any leadership qualities or what i would want to see in a brand ambassador for Tennessee. It’s almost comical to think he’s trying to be the next leader of our football team. Also as a side note, he’s also almost NEVER wearing the power T or sporting orange.

So yeah…if you want to be in the Salter fan club, that’s great, just know this is your next leader of your favorite football team.

Attachments

• 7F085A55-3179-4470-8D8B-2AFB04ED004A.jpeg
    7F085A55-3179-4470-8D8B-2AFB04ED004A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
CLEARLY …he’s immature at best. He will need serious mentoring for a while. There’s really no road around this foolish post. One can only pray he has a massive change of situational awareness soon. I’m a fervent capitalist too. And also a fervent free society advocate. And each have consequences for personal actions. Let’s just say this kids start with the Vols couldn’t have been much worse!

The guy is young. Probably just anxious to avoid missing an opportunity. I don’t like it at all, but let’s slow down the slings and arrows that many of us are sending his way. Since I understand that he has since deleted this message, he might be learning from it.

An unfortunate and ill-advised action? Sure. Reason to write him off as an unsalvageable drama king? Nope. Let the guy get on the field and show us something (or not) before we completely trash him and write him off.

Enough with the negative waves, Moriarty! HA!

Last edited:
I just want to take this opportunity to announce I am available as well. I also accept bitcoin.

Disclaimer : Just wanted to add, while we support a diverse assortment of promotional materials, certain sensitive products ( such as logo/image urinal strainers) will have to be approved by staff. A small deposit is required for consideration.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity is there why not capitalize. But the problem here is he hasn't played 1 down for a college team or even a spring practice for that matter. It's not a good marketing strategy. He needs to get more eyes on him (for positive things) before trying to monetize himself.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Remember his internet quote: 'Come thug with me."

He's a ticking time bomb.

Rather obviously he thoroughly enjoys the image he's putting out there.

To me the bad signs are all too obvious. I'm a big one for cutting losses.

I say we cut bait before this really explodes and embarrasses and tarnishes us. Again, the warning signs are all there.

Yet, I know some fans who are convinced he is going to start from day one.

PS So now he's charged with marijuana possession and driving at night with no tail lights?

We cannot get rid of this guy fast enough!

Last edited:
One of many reasons to have me considering following D3 ball a lot more closely.
I have two really good D3 programs close by me. North Central College won the 2019 championship and Wheaton College was in the quarterfinals that year. I’m with you.

Reactions: C/O
I’ve said this before…I was a huge fan of Salter before he arrived. I followed his social media and recruitment. Ever since his arrest, my opinion has shifted. I jump in and watch his instagram live videos and it’s the biggest joke of all. I just don’t see any leadership qualities or what i would want to see in a brand ambassador for Tennessee. It’s almost comical to think he’s trying to be the next leader of our football team. Also as a side note, he’s also almost NEVER wearing the power T or sporting orange.

So yeah…if you want to be in the Salter fan club, that’s great, just know this is your next leader of your favorite football team.
Idk how this kid is going to work out one way or the other, but I sure as **** ain't gonna judge him because he vapes. The majority of high schoolers do. Its actually sad. They were supposed to be the generation that kicked nicotine so these companies just made it a hell of a lot stronger than a cigarette and made it taste like candy.

You are really over thinking this whole situation. If the kid has what it takes, and ends up being a great football player who cares what he does in his spare time. Choir boys rarely make good football players, it’s time for some of you guys to realize this.

Reactions: NashVol11
You honestly don't see how this was a clueless move? You think working out with the team a few times after finally being allowed to after coming back from suspension qualifies as redemptive putting in the work? Let me guess - you also think shoplifting up to $1000 with no consequence is ok like they do it in San Fran? As a fan of Salter's, you are not doing him any favors.

"Redemptive putting in the work" and monetizing his NIL are two separate things. He doesn't have to be some fully redeemed superstar player, or even see the field at all, for a business to pay for an endorsement by a Vol

Idk how this kid is going to work out one way or the other, but I sure as **** ain't gonna judge him because he vapes. The majority of high schoolers do. Its actually sad. They were supposed to be the generation that kicked nicotine so these companies just made it a hell of a lot stronger than a cigarette and made it taste like candy.

I’m not convinced it’s just nicotine.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle

VN Store

Back