Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Doesn’t matter to me either way, it’s either sabotage or just a coincidence in the timing. But either way it’s not good to compare without the same resources. I’m glad we have the money now to get the top recruits going forward.

Well, you just confirmed by saying "it's either sabotage or ..." that you actually consider it a possibility that White would sabotage a coach.

If he did that’s fine with me, doesn’t matter either way. I just want us to get the best players, so whatever it takes to get them.

Again you double down. Unbelievable. Were you ever actually able to land a paid job? Or get a license to drive a motor vehicle? If so, I question the authorities in your county/state.

I'm out.

Again you double down. Unbelievable. Were you ever actually able to land a paid job? Or get a license to drive a motor vehicle? If so, I question the authorities in your county/state.

I'm out.
Never worked for anyone in my life, I started my own business and grew from there. But thanks for the chat.

Caldwell could win it all next year, and some would still bitch about how unfair it was KJH got let go. Move on. KJH is the past. Caldwell is the now. If you're a Lady Vols fan, then support the team. A coach is not the team, in any sport.

Caldwell could win it all next year, and some would still bitch about how unfair it was KJH got let go. Move on. KJH is the past. Caldwell is the now. If you're a Lady Vols fan, then support the team. A coach is not the team, in any sport.
exactly
I have said many times (and you can look it up)
I am about the university org/team first,,,players second,,coaches last
Though I can fully support and offer aid to the present staff or past staff,,,when they move on or are moved on, the university (org) and the players committed to this org, stay,,,as well I do not move with the staff, I continue to live where I live.

I’m not going to name call here, but I never said sabotaged anyone, I said it was either sabotage or just a coincidence with the timing, thats 2 different sides. None of us know the facts, all we can do is speculate. It’s over now anyway so let’s not talk about this anymore.
Why speculate if you know you don't know the facts?

Are you kidding me? For the last 12 years we have been hearing we've won games because of the team and lost games because of the coach. Now you want to say the coach is not the team in any sport but blame the coachs when they lose games and not manage to win every game and a National championship every year? Got it

Are you kidding me? For the last 12 years we have been hearing we've won games because of the team and lost games because of the coach. Now you want to say the coach is not the team in any sport but blame the coachs when they lose games and not manage to win every game and a National championship every year? Got it
The coach isn't the one out there on the court, actually playing the game. Are there a few exceptions? Sure. Pat was the program. Not sure anyone can really argue on that. Holly and Kellie are LVFLs, but they are not/were not the program. They were temporary stewards of the program. Now that's Kim Caldwell's job. Hopefully she succeeds. Holly and Kellie did not, which is why they were replaced. So yes, the coach is NOT the program.

Reactions: Deebowbear
The coach isn't the one out there on the court, actually playing the game. Are there a few exceptions? Sure. Pat was the program. Not sure anyone can really argue on that. Holly and Kellie are LVFLs, but they are not/were not the program. They were temporary stewards of the program. Now that's Kim Caldwell's job. Hopefully she succeeds. Holly and Kellie did not, which is why they were replaced. So yes, the coach is NOT the program.
Sometimes after a tournament a player would approach me after we won a tourney and tell me they wanted to play for me,,,then later I would see them talk to another coach (usually one I had beaten in the finals)....once this happened and later her and her Mom came over to tell me bye. I asked about how the discussion went with the rival coach and the Mom jumped on me and said,,"You're not the only player in the game"...

I told her,,,"Ma'am, your daughter was the best on her team and she is a pretty good baller, But I don't win bc I have the best players, I win because I am the better coach"...

So besides the 2 thingd I’ve said, what else could it be? Oh ms I can speculate anything I want, nobody here knows facts and people just give their opinion and I’ll continue to do so.
You've every right to do so. I engage in speculation here, too. That's not the issue. There's a big difference between informed speculation and just throwing things against the wall to see what might stick, OR, to help justify an agenda.

Reactions: madtownvol

The way it works is as follows:

- If you like the coach, the win is because of the coach and the loss is because of the players.
- If you don't like the coach, the win is because of the players and the loss is because of the coach.

In reality it takes both to be successful. The coach has to come up with a game plan to win the game and be able to make in game adjustments if the original plan is not working, key players get in foul trouble, etc. And the players must execute that plan.

And sometimes the loss is just because the other team is a lot better.

The way it works is as follows:

- If you like the coach, the win is because of the coach and the loss is because of the players.
- If you don't like the coach, the win is because of the players and the loss is because of the coach.

In reality it takes both to be successful. The coach has to come up with a game plan to win the game and be able to make in game adjustments if the original plan is not working, key players get in foul trouble, etc. And the players must execute that plan.

And sometimes the loss is just because the other team is a lot better.
Sure, that is how fandom works but at the end of the day, the buck stops with the coach right? I mean, kellie's down fall was not having enough players who could make the plays. She was responsible for the roster as well as the plays being run. Tennessee lost many games that could have been won with one less turnover, one more clutch three, one quality defensive stand. It is a game of fine margins and the coach is responsible for how it all goes. And it is true that luck plays a role but as they say, you also make your own luck. Some coaches have a knack for "getting lucky."

VN Store

Back