Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

The VN/Twitter fanatics got exposed after criticizing the most intriguing WBB hire Coach Caldwell of this era and couldn’t dodge that smoke yesterday from the real Tennessee fanbase🍊!

Today, the mic drop from Coach Caldwell and the designated hitter of UT Athletics DW!

My source has dropped some info on the potential SEC hire candidates! Stay tuned!

You could have a limitless NIL fund and no amount of money is altering how Kellie coached the end of the South Carolina game in the SEC tournament. Talent doesn’t fix that. She had an opportunity. She is a fine coach, not a good or great coach. I’ll take my chances with a better coach. NIL is not a silver bullet that fixes all problems.

I'm not saying Kellie was the greatest coach, there's also no proof KC will do any better. I do know, that players matter more than coaches and LSU and SC get them from and over us. Those players make those coaches better and not having them makes other coaches less.

Maybe, but my understanding is that the NIL problem was not going to be fixed so long as Kellie was the coach. So which is it? In any case, IMO. the debate is over, the decision is made, and revisiting the Kellie era is pointless.

Was not my understanding. It had more to do with simply those same boosters wanting to specify their money's to specific programs instead of a general fund covering overall athletics. Not revisiting, it's over, but if success is to be achieved, the change I'm referring to has/had to be made. I was not impressed with Kellie, but I wasn't entirely disappointed in her as well. Would have liked to see if she could have succeeded with better support.

I'm not saying Kellie was the greatest coach, there's also no proof KC will do any better. I do know, that players matter more than coaches and LSU and SC get them from and over us. Those players make those coaches better and not having them makes other coaches less.
It doesn’t make sense to compare them anyway, for me it doesn’t ,after who the coach is. But we couldn’t close on Hs recruits because of Nil, but now since Danny has who he hired the new coach has Nil funds to play with. You can only compare if they was given the same Nil resources but that’s just my opinion.

It doesn’t make sense to compare them anyway, for me it doesn’t ,after who the coach is. But we couldn’t close on Hs recruits because of Nil, but now since Danny has who he hired the new coach has Nil funds to play with. You can only compare if they was given the same Nil resources but that’s just my opinion.

So now you are accusing the athletic director of purposely sabotaging Kellie Harper for the past 3 years so he could get his own coach at some point? Come on.

So now you are accusing the athletic director of purposely sabotaging Kellie Harper for the past 3 years so he could get his own coach at some point? Come on.
Doesn’t matter to me either way, it’s either sabotage or just a coincidence in the timing. But either way it’s not good to compare without the same resources. I’m glad we have the money now to get the top recruits going forward.

Last edited:
I have not seen anywhere how much NIL money the Lady VOLs basketball players received when they came to Tennessee from the portal the last two years. However, the players we got were really good players and I am sure there were a few $$$ available to entice them to come to Tennessee. I believe it was more coaching and not recruiting high school players rather than NIL.

Oh my gawd. I just saw DarkP's post inside MookieMonster 's, and his accusation that Danny White would purposefully sabotage one of Tennessee's coaches is among THE most asinine things I've ever read on a message board. And I've been participating on message boards since the mid-90s.

That anyone would think even for one nanosecond that Danny White wouldn't have wanted more than just about anything on God's green Earth for Kellie Jolly Harper, a certified member of Lady Vol Royalty, a beloved Tennessee native who was a favorite of Pat Summitt and who was instrumental in bringing three national championship trophies to the university to be successful, that person HAS TO BE OFF HIS DAMN ROCKER.

Honestly, I don't know how this person even knows how to use a keyboard being so low-functioning to even suggest that nonsense.

Oh my gawd. I just saw DarkP's post inside MookieMonster 's, and his accusation that Danny White would purposefully sabotage one of Tennessee's coaches is among THE most asinine things I've ever read on a message board. And I've been participating on message boards since the mid-90s.

That anyone would think even for one nanosecond that Danny White wouldn't have wanted more than just about anything on God's green Earth for Kellie Jolly Harper, a certified member of Lady Vol Royalty, a beloved Tennessee native who was a favorite of Pat Summitt and who was instrumental in bringing three national championship trophies to the university to be successful, that person HAS TO BE OFF HIS DAMN ROCKER.

Honestly, I don't know how this person even knows how to use a keyboard being so low-functioning to even suggest that nonsense.
I’m not going to name call here, but I never said sabotaged anyone, I said it was either sabotage or just a coincidence with the timing, thats 2 different sides. None of us know the facts, all we can do is speculate. It’s over now anyway so let’s not talk about this anymore.

I’m not going to name call here, but I never said sabotaged anyone, I said it was either sabotage or just a coincidence with the timing, thats 2 different sides. None of us know the facts, all we can do is speculate. It’s over now anyway so let’s not talk about this anymore.
So EITHER totally absolves you…even tho you posted the words? 😉

VN Store

Back