Kongbo's NLOI

There are lots of way to sign when you are out of town, including fax machines, FedEx overnight, email, etc. Something does not add up about this.

Or maybe Kongbo knows where he is going to school and doesn't have worry about Fed-Ex just to make hand wringers feel better?

Reactions: 1 person
Or maybe Kongbo knows where he is going to school and doesn't have worry about Fed-Ex just to make hand wringers feel better?

I hope that is the case, but none of us really knows that is the case. That is why you used the word "maybe". There could be some "maybe" problems here as well. It is not normal that it is not signed by now.

I hope that is the case, but none of us really knows that is the case. That is why you used the word "maybe". There could be some "maybe" problems here as well. It is not normal that it is not signed by now.

But it is Kongbo and his father.
Kongbo laughed at the rumors and on the other side is anonymous internet posters.

Siding with Kongbo here.

His dad's just out of town. When he gets back, he'll sign. No big deal.

Something tells me that there would have been no hold up with his dad signing the LOI if it had been with Ole Miss. Why does his dad want him to end up in Oxford so bad when that's clearly not what his son wants? It's suspicious.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not the end of the world. But it does suck bc Kongbo has a month to change his mind. I don't think he will, but he does have his parents in his ear I'm assuming.

his parents won't sign it and he has to be 21 to sign without parents signature. He will be 21 next month. in the meantime, all schools can continue to try and recruit him

heard on sports animal his dad has been out of town, and that is the hold up.

I call BS. There's no way the NCAA compliance guys would have let Butch show Kongbo's jersey and use his name on NSD if all the paperwork weren't in.

EDIT -- didn't see the LWS comment. In that case, how is that not a violation?

He has NOT nor have his parents signed a letter of intent and it is NOT a violation.

But it is Kongbo and his father.
Kongbo laughed at the rumors and on the other side is anonymous internet posters.

Siding with Kongbo here.

Me too, but nobody knows for sure (not even Kongbo) until the papers are signed. People change their minds all the time (In fact, he has done it once already in case you have forgotten.). I guess we either have a lot of (1) naĂŻve people who cannot see the potential for a problem or (2) sunshine pumpers who stick their heads in the sand and won't admit there is the potential for a problem. Again, it is not normal to have this unsigned by now, and nobody can spin that fact any other way.

Me too, but nobody knows for sure (not even Kongbo) until the papers are signed. People change their minds all the time (In fact, he has done it once already in case you have forgotten.). I guess we either have a lot of (1) naĂŻve people who cannot see the potential for a problem or (2) sunshine pumpers who stick their heads in the sand and won't admit there is the potential for a problem. Again, it is not normal to have this unsigned by now, and nobody can spin that fact any other way.

You forget type 3 - Those that jump from thread to thread talking about how worried we should.

Reactions: 6 people
You forget type 3 - Those that jump from thread to thread talking about how worried we should.

And how is that any different than people who jump from thread to thread talking about how we should not be worried? Which one is giving the better information? If he is not signed, that is a problem.

Last edited:
And how is that any different than people who jump from thread to thread talking about how we should not be worried? Which one is giving the better information?

You are not giving information!?
Kongbo gave information, You are just refusing to believe and spreading speculation.

You are not giving information!?
Kongbo gave information, You are just refusing to believe and spreading speculation.

INFORMATION: He has not signed. It is not normal that he has not signed. He could walk. Verbal statements are not signatures and are not binding.

Who is really denying the information here? I am not speculating about anything. I am just giving facts.

INFORMATION: He has not signed. It is not normal that he has not signed. He could walk. Verbal statements are not signatures and are not binding.

Who is really denying the information here? I am not speculating about anything. I am just giving facts.

You didn't give that info, it was in the thread/op
you are just trying to make everyone freak out over something they have no control over.
Learn the difference. In the meantime I posted this in another thread, same subject. Seems fitting.

this-goat-is-having-none-of-this-kids-****.gif

Reactions: 6 people
You didn't give that info, it was in the thread/op
you are just trying to make everyone freak out over something they have no control over.
Learn the difference. In the meantime I posted this in another thread, same subject. Seems fitting.

View attachment 107356

Is that a video of you as a child? Of course I gave the information. The fact that others "gave" that information does not mean I did not give it too. I am not "trying" to do anything other than make sure people understand we have a problem here, which is the exact opposite of some people like yourself who just want to pretend there is no problem. He has not signed. That is a big problem.

Is that a video of you as a child? Of course I gave the information. The fact that others "gave" that information does not mean I did not give it too. I am not "trying" to do anything other than make sure people understand we have a problem here, which is the exact opposite of some people like yourself who just want to pretend there is no problem. He has not signed. That is a big problem.

No no. There is a lack of information here. We don't know that there IS a problem. You're just the type that will assume, when you don't have all the information, that there is a problem. That's your choice and your issue.

Reactions: 4 people
Good Lord, people.

OK, his dad is out of town. But as was posted, there are fancy ways of signing things when you're out of town.

My guess is that Kongbo wants to be here, his dad (for whatever reason) doesn't want him to be here, Kongbo will be 21 in a month, and if necessary, he can sign for himself at that time.

The sun will keep coming up in the east in the meantime.

To clear the record its not all that unusual for a kid not to sign a LOI at all. About 25% or so never sign one only the Financial Aid Agreement. By the way that agreement does not require a parent signature. Kongbo has already signed that.

Guess what fellows, there is not one thing y'all can do about Kongbo not signing YET. So set back and enjoy the ride. All will work out. Glass is half full.

Guess what fellows, there is not one thing y'all can do about Kongbo not signing YET. So set back and enjoy the ride. All will work out. Glass is half full.

Oh. My. God.

The glass is only half full???

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

[cue Kong village scene]

VN Store

Back