Kongbo's NLOI

Hubbs said this morning that not only has Kongbo not signed his LOI because he's not yet 21 and needs a parent's signature as well....but he actually doesn't need to sign an LOI to play for Tennessee...ever. Gave Chris Jackson of LSU fame as an example, said he never signed an LOI but had a pretty good career there. Sounds like the important thing is that Kongbo has signed his grant in aid papers. He's a Vol.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm worried the recent allegations will hurt us here..

These aren't recent allegations; just a recent financial settlement seeking lawsuit. Tennessee is not the school that just received a notice of 13 allegations against the football program, 9 of which are against the current staff and at least one of which is level I.

Reactions: 4 people
Hubbs said this morning that not only has Kongbo not signed his LOI because he's not yet 21 and needs a parent's signature as well....but he actually doesn't need to sign an LOI to play for Tennessee...ever. Gave Chris Jackson of LSU fame as an example, said he never signed an LOI but had a pretty good career there. Sounds like the important thing is that Kongbo has signed his grant in aid papers. He's a Vol.

all true. I don't expect him to flip anywhere but he is getting calls from other schools. he is still a free agent and is being recruited.

I'm not worried about weather he comes to Tennessee or not,he will,but why does a 20 year old man have to be concerned about his parents signature ?

that makes no sense to me

I'm not worried about weather he comes to Tennessee or not,he will,but why does a 20 year old man have to be concerned about his parents signature ?

that makes no sense to me

I'm not worried about the weather effecting his decision either. He's from Canada for God's sake.

:crazy:

heard on sports animal his dad has been out of town, and that is the hold up.

As a parent of a high school player there is no way possible that if my son was going to sign a NLI on signing day that I wouldn't be there for this occasion. Regardless of the situation, you should be there for your kid and at the very least respect his wishes. Young adults are going to make mistakes (signing with the VOLS isn't one of them) but we all have made mistakes in our life and I'm sure there were decisions I made in life where my parents just shook their head.

I'm not worried about the weather effecting his decision either. He's from Canada for God's sake.

:crazy:

Making an elementary school spelling mistake while making fun of someone who did the same....that's just embarrassing :post-4-1090547912:

Reactions: 1 person
Making an elementary school spelling mistake while making fun of someone who did the same....that's just embarrassing :post-4-1090547912:

Well, I wasn't really making fun of GM, but I've been embarrassed by way worse stuff than this, so there's that. :hi: And admittedly have never been able to master when to use affect vs effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wait, what if the NLOI he just signed is fake? And he's just playing us because he's going to OM like his dad wants him to and Freeze told him to troll us on his way out the door?

This could get bad. This could get very, very bad for Tennessee. :no:

Reactions: 6 people
Well, I wasn't really making fun of GM, but I've been embarrassed by way worse stuff than this, so there's that. :hi: And admittedly have never been able to master when to use affect vs effect.

:hi:
The easiest way to remember it is "affect" is almost always a verb and "effect" is almost always a noun. I may be wrong, but I believe the only time "effect" is used as a verb is when you say something "effects change" (meaning it brings about change).

The easiest way to remember it is "affect" is almost always a verb and "effect" is almost always a noun. I may be wrong, but I believe the only time "effect" is used as a verb is when you say something "effects change" (meaning it brings about change).

Hmmm... sounds like you're trying to effect an intellectual affect.

:)

And "affect" is a noun when speaking of how someone appears emotionally ("patient's affect was flat.") Medical term when evaluating a patient's mental state. Accent is on the first syllable, with a short a sound, like (Ben) Affleck.

Today's trivia brought to you by a long week and the second Pacifico beer. :hi:

VN Store

Back