Legend of Tennessee football on Finebaum

I'll go with Florida 1992. Rained so hard that it knocked out the TV feed and had water flowing across the old superturf.

I was there for that one as well. I remember one of the best John Ward calls ever was when Mose Phillips took the screen pass to the house and carried about 7 guys on his back. I was 12.

I was there for that one as well. I remember one of the best John Ward calls ever was when Mose Phillips took the screen pass to the house and carried about 7 guys on his back. I was 12.

You might be confusing Florida and SCar games.

Mose carried 7 guys in @ Columbia.

Pretty much untouched in Neyland by the Gators.

Reactions: 1 person
How was an undefeated SEC team that late in the season ranked #10?

If I remember right we were not #1 yet either. Think Brandon Stewart and A&M upset K State and UCLA beat somebody that was undefeated and we ended up playing a 1 loss Florida State that had lost their starting QB in the Championship game. Talk about a season falling in to place (3 point win Fla./Syracuse/Arky/an 8 and 5 Miss State in SEC champ game) for a great team, 98 was it. Since then we have been about the most unfortunate team in the Power 5 conferences. They say it is the Rohan Daveys witchdoctor mothers 10 year curse for knocking the QB out of SEC championship game.

Last edited:
If I remember right we were not #1 yet either. Think Brandon Stewart and A&M upset K State and UCLA beat somebody that was undefeated and we ended up playing a 1 loss Florida State that had lost their starting QB in the Championship game. Talk about a season falling in to place (3 point win Fla./Syracuse/Arky/an 8 and 5 Miss State in SEC champ game) for a great team, 98 was it. Since then we have been about the most unfortunate team in the Power 5 conferences. They say it is the Rohan Daveys witchdoctor mothers 10 year curse for knocking the QB out of SEC championship game.

No...Miami upset UCLA in a makeup game (hurricane)...there was a good chance without those upsets for a KSU-UCLA championship game.

Yeah, the famous shot from that play is Phillips sprinting across the lake that had formed on the field and about the 10 or 15 yard line he started pointing at the crowd in the Endzone.

No...Miami upset UCLA in a makeup game (hurricane)...there was a good chance without those upsets for a KSU-UCLA championship game.

UT was #1 in the bcs and human polls from the moment Ohio St lost to Michigan St. Everyone else was playing for #2 if UT won out

Ahh, I stand corrected. As GaVol said, I knew Mose had a huge play in the downpour that day. I just remember he was a monster and couldn't be stopped. The SC carry he had immortalized him IMO.

Ahh, I stand corrected. As GaVol said, I knew Mose had a huge play in the downpour that day. I just remember he was a monster and couldn't be stopped. The SC carry he had immortalized him IMO.

My memory of 1992 South Carolina was this guy.........

tanneyhill.jpg

VN Store

Back